• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Gillhounds - New Open Species (Large images)

Dinocanid

I am just a dog on the internet (wow!)
This is not a sale thread, this is just to let other furs know that I made an original species that they're free to use! All I ask is that you please don't copy/claim my initial design (2nd image).

gillhound breeds draft.png

1545791833.dinocanid_gillhound_ref.png

Link to species guide: Boop

For those who are interested, I also have a pay-to-use base for $10 USD: Link

D

Deleted member 115426

I'm not sure this is unique enough to be considered a new species. More of a chimera. I mean I have a cow dragon sona ( or as I like to call it a cowgon) but it's not unique enough to be its own new species. No disrespect intended by me saying this though.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
I'm not sure this is unique enough to be considered a new species. More of a chimera. I mean I have a cow dragon sona ( or as I like to call it a cowgon) but it's not unique enough to be its own new species. No disrespect intended by me saying this though.
It does just seem like a big dog with a shark tail and gills which probably has been done before (no offense intended). Maybe try and do something to make it more unique? At least you didn't make it a closed species which is a big plus.

Dinocanid

I don't have any desire to make changes to the base species design since I'm happy with it. People are allowed to add on more things to their own characters if they wish though

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
I don't have any desire to make changes to the base species design since I'm happy with it. People are allowed to add on more things to their own characters if they wish though
The problem is that if someone inevitably makes a dog-shark hybrid, it might seem like they stole from you, which they didn't because they didn't know your species exists

Dinocanid

The problem is that if someone inevitably makes a dog-shark hybrid, it might seem like they stole from you, which they didn't because they didn't know your species exists
And people are free to do that! Dog-sharks have been a thing for a long time, this is just my personal take on it.

Also, again, this species is open. I have no restrictions on who uses the species, or if someone draws a dog-shark hybrid that looks similar

(BTW, if someone claims someone stole this from me on my behalf, please let me know since it's against my wishes. People are free to use this species however they like, and people are also free to continue making dog-sharks.)

Last edited: