• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Girls being bullied in school "Oh he just likes you" >.>

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
A comic I follow had a page where a girl was being bullied by a slightly older male kid. In the comments section a discussion broke out about "Oh boys do that because they like you" Seriously? Seriously this is what people tell their daughters when they get bullied? Bullshit is what I say to that. The comic owner wrote this journal thing out in response to the comments:

http://viewsfromthecouch.com/2012/02/12/you-didnt-thank-me-for-punching-you-in-the-fac/

For those who don't feel like reading the link it's just the comic owner telling about their views on this situation and that his/her own daughter has been bullied at school and been told the same thing I mentioned above. And I fully agree with what they said in the link.

It's no wonder women who end up in an abusive relationship are often blind to the abuse that others see. Now, explain to me, why an adult male abusing an adult woman is NOT acceptable, yet it is perfectly acceptable for a male child to bully a female child and then to tell the female child that he does it cause he has a crush on you, or some similar bullshit. Is society these days really this fucking retarded?

Schwimmwagen

I've actually heard the same thing about girls bullying boys. Lame shit.

Teasing is a possibility, but not outright bullying.

Randy-Darkshade

I've actually heard the same thing about girls bullying boys. Lame shit.

Teasing is a possibility, but not outright bullying.

I just read one of the comments left on the link and the guy in short said that kids who have a crush don;t know how to react to that crush and as often girls that age have "cooties" it leads to the teasing and bullying. He also said kids need to be taught. All fair points but parents and school teachers should teach the kids whats right. Telling kids that "Oh he punched you cause he has a crush on you" in my opinion is not the right reply as it just basically says to all kids involved that that type of behaviour is acceptable. What they should be taught is that that sort of behaviour is not right or acceptable.

Dreaming

Yeah this is why I always avoid internet comments like the flu.

I mean, crap like this:
So many of the people on here, especially the author, are idiots.
At a young age boys don’t understand their feelings, they just know they feel like paying more attention to whatever little girl they’re crushing on and they act out because they don’t know how else to act towards that person. At that age girls have cooties and they don’t want to hang out with them so the excess attention results in pulling of hair and teasing and such. Yes the children should be taught that it isn’t acceptable but they shouldn’t be called assholes or treated as violent or mean, they just don’t yet understand and they ned to be taught. Anyone who thinks that they are troublemakers or that they are doing it because they like abusing girls is an absolute moron and should really think before they speak in such a way.

Sometimes you really do wonder if these people are trolling or just morons.

I think it's extreme to say that schoolyard teasing and abusive relationships are connected. I think this blogger is overreacting to something pretty harmless. I have seen so many things being blamed for destructive behavior that it really makes you wonder what isn't responsible.

I was teased quite a bit by girls who liked me, and I'm not drawn to the sort of woman who would berate me as an expression of their affection. This just seems like needless stirring up of political correctness. If I ever have kids, I know I'm not going to strap a pillow to their ass, worrying about everything possibly scarring them mentally.

A

Ansitru

I was teased quite a bit by girls who liked me, and I'm not drawn to the sort of woman who would berate me as an expression of their affection. This just seems like needless stirring up of political correctness. If I ever have kids, I know I'm not going to strap a pillow to their ass, worrying about everything possibly scarring them mentally.

The thing is that teasing is usually done with good-ish intentions, whereas bullying is not.
I do agree that you shouldn't be overprotective, but teasing and bullying just can't be compared since the effect both have is completely different.
Then again, that's just my opinion.

Criminal Scum

Can't stop.
I was told this in high school

HIGH SCHOOL.

*headdesks*
Sounds like a bad case of the "I can't be bothered"s.

<insert obligatory Chris Brown joke>

Lightly teasing is fine I guess, girls have cooties at that age. But bullying is never okay and it do not mean you like someone at any age.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
School in general is a barbaric system. It's nothing to do with gender differences; they're a drop in a pool of reasons kids act up like this.

Though justification for bullying is ridiculous. It's practically just a perversion of conservatism.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
- walk into school
- talk to no one
- get teased because my eyes are fucked up
- get punched in the face by a guy
- go to the office to report it
- get told "he just likes you"

Uhh no he doesnt he just punched me in the face.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
Oh yes, because trying to drown me when I am swimming really shows you have a crush on me. I swear, some of the things people tell their childen is so messed up.

Randy-Darkshade

I think it's extreme to say that schoolyard teasing and abusive relationships are connected. I think this blogger is overreacting to something pretty harmless. I have seen so many things being blamed for destructive behavior that it really makes you wonder what isn't responsible.

There is a big difference between bullying and just teasing. If a boy punches another boy everyday and calls that boy horrible names it's classed as bullying. If a boy does the very same thing to a girl the boy has a crush on the girl? Bullshit.

Yep. I was told that all the time. Never believed it though. There is no way that that many boys could have ever liked me. XD

Exactly.

Ya know, it's easy to say there is no link between this and what happens to them as adults, but what you have to remember is that if something happens to you in your life repeatedly such as being bullied and told they just like you, after awhile you start to believe it.

When I was in school I was always told how useless I was, by a couple of teachers and my dad and after awhile I started believing I was just a useless bastard. Took me ages to realize I wasn't. Kids take in a lot, kids will believe almost anything you tell them.

Randy-Darkshade

People tease and make fun of the people they like, but not full on bullying.

I tease my friends all the time. I'm quite a sarcastic, facetious bastard with my friends and family. Not all the time though. I mean I wouldn't be like it with a complete stranger cause I don't want a smack in the mouth. My friends and family will let me know if I go to far too, like my half sister did, she got upset one night cause I went to far with poking fun at her, I apologized and never done it again.

Dj_whoohoo

Well it's different because kids are kids and adults need to grow the hell up.

If a woman is being abused by an adult male then that's just wrong, you shouldn't but who are we to dictate what other people do. It's her responsbility to break off that relationship.

As for kids that just playful love. It's like animals in the wild they are just playing, but if you see bruises then there a problem going on that's needs to be adressed by the victims themselves and/or people who witness the incident.

And if the guy didn't really mean to hurt the girl she needs to talk to him and let him know that she doesn't like how he treating her.

After that you'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
At times like this, I really do hate being a guy. But not all of the time, just at times like this. Guys like this give us other guys a bad name. They further enforce the falsehood that all guys are hateful, sexist, sex-crazed bastards, when reallt this is a case of a rotten apple spoils the bunch.

Honestly, fuck our Generation. We need to go back to the drawing board. Big time.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
People tease and make fun of the people they like, but not full on bullying.

That's usually part of social experiences for the most of it, whether it is playful teasing or harmful.
Throwing a rock at a girl/boy =/= "oh well he just has a crush on you".

The abusive behavior in relationships sometimes spark up in highschool...which stems that one parter is insecure about losing their boyfriend/girlfriend that they either psychologically abuse them...or in some cases, raise their hand against their partner.

Last edited:

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Same thing happened to me except I was bullied by a girl : /

Ley

A comic I follow had a page where a girl was being bullied by a slightly older male kid. In the comments section a discussion broke out about "Oh boys do that because they like you" Seriously? Seriously this is what people tell their daughters when they get bullied? Bullshit is what I say to that. The comic owner wrote this journal thing out in response to the comments:

http://viewsfromthecouch.com/2012/02/12/you-didnt-thank-me-for-punching-you-in-the-fac/

For those who don't feel like reading the link it's just the comic owner telling about their views on this situation and that his/her own daughter has been bullied at school and been told the same thing I mentioned above. And I fully agree with what they said in the link.

It's no wonder women who end up in an abusive relationship are often blind to the abuse that others see. Now, explain to me, why an adult male abusing an adult woman is NOT acceptable, yet it is perfectly acceptable for a male child to bully a female child and then to tell the female child that he does it cause he has a crush on you, or some similar bullshit. Is society these days really this fucking retarded?

BCB :3c