• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Give animals a personality

Guifrog

Blue Frog | Avatar by Lenago
We can assume there's smart frogs and clueless frogs, but let's say each of us have a stereotyped thinking over how animals behave and that they'd talk.

i.e.:
1) Mr. Potato thinks bears are so agressive, they'd always be swearing.
2) Ms. Banana disagrees and thinks bears are clumsy but gentle and admirers of clouds and flowers, so they'd talk politely while accidentally squashing some flowers they couldn't see.
3) Mx. Lettuce owns a dog and it would probably keep shouting things like "Wanna go out! C'mon! Whatcha doing?! Why you keep going here and there? *runs to the door* HERE, HERE!"
4) And so on. :D

Now, I think of parrots as comedians/mockers. Somehow, there was this one who laughed "haha" at me when I said I couldn't stand the smell of cinnamon during a dinner at someone else's house. If parrots could talk more than a few words, they'd possibly be the best, funniest impersonators.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Hmmm...so many species in the furry fandom do seem to have their 'typical' attributes, such as naughty, mischevious foxes, and the like...but lemme think of one that is more particular:

Fennec Foxes. Cute, but yappy/snippy/bitey, sort of like the Chihuahua/ankle-biter dog of foxes.

(apologies to all fennecs who are not at all like this :) )

Last edited:
I

Infrarednexus

th

I think skunks are a two sided coin kind of personality.
upload_2018-6-9_18-50-14.jpeg

They may look cute and adorable, but once you open your door to them you see just how sinister and crafty they really are.

th

Don't be fooled by the charming personality on the outside! These fluffy things will grab you by the ankles and drag you down into the abyss with them. Foxes beware!

Last edited by a moderator:

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
People say lizards are cold, emotionless, primitive beings with no self awareness or personality.

I disagree. Some lizards are chill and laid back. Some lizards are showy and energetic. Some lizards are petty.

Just because they'd rather eat some insects and have a dig in the sand - instead of doing mammalian things - doesn't mean they're without personality.

Pompadork

Bowman
I love the idea of bovine being both super sweet and a bit doofy and also being very defensive and tough when they need to! I personally haven’t been around them too much but the ones I’ve met come in two kinds; “weird giant puppy who just wants to eat” and “this thing can and will eat your fingers/headbutt you in the dick”. They’re perfect for the gentle giant trope imo!

A4A83024-E759-4623-AA7D-68B6B8634749.jpeg

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
th

I think skunks are a two sided coin kind of personality.
View attachment 33787

They may look cute and adorable, but once you open your door to them you see just how sinister and crafty they really are.

th

Don't be fooled by the charming personality on the outside! These fluffy things will grab you by the ankles and drag you down into the abyss with them. Foxes beware!

Aw, but we are innocent to the point of being Angelic!

(Nevermind that Satan was once an angel, as well)

Guifrog

Blue Frog | Avatar by Lenago
People say lizards are cold, emotionless, primitive beings with no self awareness or personality.

I disagree. Some lizards are chill and laid back. Some lizards are showy and energetic. Some lizards are petty.

Just because they'd rather eat some insects and have a dig in the sand - instead of doing mammalian things - doesn't mean they're without personality.
I know, right? Lizards are kewl.

My father used to talk to a small one that occasionally appeared at work. I never asked him what kinda conversation he had with the lizard, but I assume it would always nod in agreement to what he said because daddy's just that awesome. :V

Seriously though, if I wasn't a frog, I'd totally be a lizard.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Bees would probably be very scatterbrained.

But... but they communicate by dancing! You can't be scatterbrained if you know how to dance. Not to mention their "I'll work till I'm dead" ethic.