• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Give me something to do.

Linko_16

This is the Soul of Gak Splat
Give me something to do (Requests, Commissions and Trades).

Will I regret this? Takin' all bets.

Okay, so I'm always interested in new ideas to practice being a better artist. I use a tablet to do pretty much all media digitally. Here are some relatively recent samples of my work, ranging from doodles to the occasional polished piece.

Personal Art Samples
An art challenge between some friends of mine.
A comic.
A banner for my backloggery.
Le Monstre Horrible de France.
For a friend. Don't ask.
A different art challenge.
Doodlins.
More doodlins.
Another comic.
Now this is just silly.

FurAffinity Art Samples
For CargoDane
For Dragon_Mel
For Emily_Suizhan - 1 2
For gigglingHyena (WIP)

REQUESTS
I'd like to offer to do depictions of peoples' characters and scenes. A few guidelines:

1) As someone who is doing this for some everyday practice, I am interested in unique, challenging material.
2) I'm just doing this for fun, so it's probably better not to do something that's very important to you, because I won't be interested in doing excessive work or make big revisions if you don't like it or something.
3) I encourage you to ask for whatever you want, but I'm only going to accept things if they sound good to me, so don't get broken up if I never reply to you.
4) It is not likely I will be interested in portraying your furry characters erotically. Unless it's for a joke.
5) I'll go as far as you want me to, of course, but if you can live without it, tell me if you don't really need color, shading, or even lines, because for me, after the sketch is when it becomes work because the creative part is over. You'll notice, for example, how many of the example pics are just sketches.

Okay, let's hear it.

EDIT 7-18-2009:

COMMISSIONS
Seeing as I am broke and cannot find work, and people have been generally interested in my art so far, I figured it would be worth trying to open myself up for commissions for some extra scratch. I've poked around in other peoples' commission threads to check what people generally charge, as well as thought about how much labor goes into my art personally, and I think I've come up with some fair prices. If someone thinks I'm charging higher than the quality of my work warrants, preferably someone not interested in commissioning me, I'd be interested in knowing.

Single Character
Sketch - $5
Line - $7
Line, Shade and Color - $10

Scene (with background)
Sketch - $7
Line - $10
Line, Shade and Color - $15

Comic
Sketch - $2 per panel
Line - $3 per panel
Line, Shade and Color - $5 per panel
I will help you script it free of charge if you only have a broad idea.

More guidelines:
As for timeliness, I know this thread so far might give you the impression that I'm less than punctual, but I assure you that I will be much more dutiful for paid work. Please note that I am only offering digital media, so there will be no original copy for me to send to you, as I understand is otherwise common for commission work. If you specifically request it, I will send the commission only to you without showing it off to others. Additionally, I still will not be doing any erotica, and I reserve the right to refuse to accept a commission for any reason. Most of all, I encourage comedic material, which is what I have the most experience in. I accept PayPal only. Please PM me if you're interested and we'll talk.

TRADES

I'm afraid I do not have furry characters, but for the furry artist with a diverse portfolio, I do have some original characters it would be fun to see done by other artists.

The Invulnerable Linko Man
I know we're the stupid little babies of the art/comic world, but yes, I am an old-school, has-been sprite comic artist with only one ever half-successful comic in my decade-long career that I barely update and isn't long. But my characters are still near and dear to me, and any/all of them are potential subjects in an art trade!

The Comic
Frankenstein'd Pixel Art
Artwork - please note that the character on the right belongs to an affiliate of mine and should not be considered a potential subject for trade.

The SCOC
I made a bunch of silly original characters in Soul Calibur III's character creation mode, made some silly half-assed comics for them on scratch paper during weekly hang-outs at IHOP, and suddenly I fell in love with all of them and regarded them as my own personal original characters with backstories and everything. I am aware that half of the development for these characters has only been in my head, or in unpublicated doodlins, but I've been thinking of doing some better-quality pics of them lately, so they'll probably be up here soon to replace these bulky comics; until then, you'll just have to ask how they're supposed to be colored, lol.

First Scrap Comic - Introduces Olga, ornery military captain, and Ramses, silly, scruffy old salt.
Second Scrap Comic - I am aware that the first two comics are Miss Dynamite ripoffs.
Third Scrap Comic - Introduces Kaida. I have no idea what she is. Some kind of ghost?
Fourth Scrap Comic
- Most people don't get what's going on in the first couple of panels.
Fifth Scrap Comic - Introduces Xiao Qian, the final SCOC. He's usually the straight man.
Sixth Scrap Comic - All of their replies are quotes from their SCIII voicesets. This is the kind of strip I wish I had done more of.
Seven Scrap Comic - This one had a sequel that I never scanned.

Usual rules apply: I do not accept erotica, nor am I interested in recieving erotic materials of any of my characters, and while I encourage any to ask for an art trade, I will only accept if I am interested.

And so ends a ridiculously long post. Thanks for stopping by.

Last edited:

Zweihander

Разрушитель греха, и Бог
Would you mind doing my character with his whip tightly bounded around him and a full platnium moon settling behind him? Like he's crying out in pain and insanity and tears of blood dripping from his cheeks. I have refs in my sig. Thanks.

Last edited:

dragon_mel

Could you draw my character (refs in sig) and a random female tiger sitting at a ouija board trying to contact spirits, but failing epically?

Thanks ^.=.^

Chuint

Taters...omnomnom!
My fursona, as a zoned-out zombie/undead creature of any design and/or type, chewing on a random bystander of whatever species you choose's arm (with whichever reaction you think fit's best).

Does not need to be colored, shaded, or lined. A simple sketch will do unless you get inspired to go further. :3

CargoDane

OMG!Strill
Dude. I would just die of laughter if you could draw a sketchy or a doodle comic thing of my forgi fursona:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1821364/ (quad or anthro)

..Trying to convince my non-frilly Raven friend to wear a dress. Or ready to sneak up on her with a pink frilly princess dress. She is so against pink, dresses and frill it would be hilarious to see her reaction to such a pic XD

Here's a reference of the birdie (just a regular ole Raven, sometimes drawn wearing an NRA hat):
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/891905/

Regardless what you pic, I'm sure the content will be hilarious. Your comic doodles are LAWLtastic :)

Sylvar

TigrusMagi
Could you draw Syl holding a martini glass with a drunken smile on her face please? Here's a ref: www.furaffinity.net/view/2471872 Her stripes are purple, not pink.

Linko_16

For CargoDane. This was fun! I'd be willing to ink and color this if you like it, it came out pretty good.

I'm actually a little impressed, guys. Keep the suggestions coming.

Linko_16

I created an account on the main site and changed my settings to allow me to view mature content just because I thought that was the reason. \(o_O)/

EDIT - oh, no, wait. I switched my settings to allow mature material, but I only set the month and day of my birthdate and forgot to set the year, so it was still on 2009 and thought I was underage. Now I'm good. Anyway, Embyr, if you want a picture you'd best suggest some kind of context to make it interesting.

Last edited:

Linko_16

For Dragon_Mel. None of your examples showed your character in anything but a swimsuit, which I assume isn't ordinary, so I put both of them in the official uniform if ouija-use: pajamas. But for future artists' reference, you should probably have a picture of your character whipped up wearing her every-day clothing, or at least describe it to them.

Blazing Embyr

Is hot and bothered... ^///^
I created an account on the main site and changed my settings to allow me to view mature content just because I thought that was the reason. \(o_O)/

EDIT - oh, no, wait. I switched my settings to allow mature material, but I only set the month and day of my birthdate and forgot to set the year, so it was still on 2009 and thought I was underage. Now I'm good. Anyway, Embyr, if you want a picture you'd best suggest some kind of context to make it interesting.

Well... What kind of things interest you? I can be VERY flexible, if you know what I mean. *bats eyelashes*

What do you NOT do?

Linko_16

1) As someone who is doing this for some everyday practice, I am interested in unique, challenging material.
2) I'm just doing this for fun, so it's probably better not to do something that's very important to you, because I won't be interested in doing excessive work or make big revisions if you don't like it or something.
3) I encourage you to ask for whatever you want, but I'm only going to accept things if they sound good to me, so don't get broken up if I never reply to you.
4) It is not likely I will be interested in portraying your furry characters erotically. Unless it's for a joke.
5) I'll go as far as you want me to, of course, but if you can live without it, tell me if you don't really need color, shading, or even lines, because for me, after the sketch is when it becomes work because the creative part is over. You'll notice, for example, how many of the example pics are just sketches.

Just tell me if you have an idea and if it's not something I'll do I'll say so.

dragon_mel

For Dragon_Mel. None of your examples showed your character in anything but a swimsuit, which I assume isn't ordinary, so I put both of them in the official uniform if ouija-use: pajamas. But for future artists' reference, you should probably have a picture of your character whipped up wearing her every-day clothing, or at least describe it to them.

oooo thanks so much! and thanks for the tip, i just need to draw some where im in clothes >.<

dragon_mel

I think that ghost is my favorite part of it.

i love him!! his expression is priceless! also the tiger's pajamas made me smile ^.^