• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Given the option, would you change the world to be black and white?

Ley

If you had the option to change the world in a way where things had a clear cut, black and white answer to them- would you do it?

Do you believe that this would simplify things- then why? IF not, why?

I came up with the idea while playing borderlands2- I know, kinda weird. But in that game, its easy to go and say 'Hey. This guy killed my skagdogthing. Go kill him for $500'

Obviously not to that extreme, but you know.

Falaffel

Blue.

Edit: i misread this.. i thought you meant make everyone black OR white. derp.

Answer: sure why not.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
It's those grey areas in life that are the most fun.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I half expected this thread to be about eyesight, to which the answer would've been yes

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather
I thought this was about eyesight.

No, grey is fun!

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
I'd think that'd make literature and media go completely down the drain. Nothing surprising would ever happen, and freedom of artistic expression would become pretty limited.

Riho

Your brain cells are mine
Short answer: Nope.
Long answer Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.
:3

Leon

Hot sammiches and cold beer.
I wouldn't, the inumerable possibilities keep you on edge. :3

PastryOfApathy

Life would be unbearably boring if everything was 100% black and white. It's the uncertainty's and and general greyness of life that makes it interesting. I mean it'd be like reading a really bad 2-deminsional comic book for eternity, fuck that noise.

Percy

o-o
Nah. Things wouldn't be as exciting without multiple ways to approach things.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I can't conceive of a life where everything was right or wrong. Sounds like it would be boring because there wouldn't be any variation.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
If you had the option to change the world in a way where things had a clear cut, black and white answer to them- would you do it?

Do you believe that this would simplify things- then why? IF not, why?

I came up with the idea while playing borderlands2- I know, kinda weird. But in that game, its easy to go and say 'Hey. This guy killed my skagdogthing. Go kill him for $500'

Obviously not to that extreme, but you know.

That would depend on what the answers were.

I think it would rewrite physics so extremely that life might not be able to exist.

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.

Sparklepaws

The Wooflewaffle
I'm sleepy tonight so I'll keep this answer short, but no I would not.

Why?
Because the grey stuff is what makes character. If the answer to everything was black or white, we'd lose the creativity of the world. It would be a very dull place, knowing that the answer was either this or that, and that it applied to everything.

Here's the kicker. The world we live in already has a single answer to everything, and that answer is nothing. "Answers" are opinions, which we create and mold to create our own versions of right and wrong, good and bad etc. So when you speak of a world where there are black and white answers, who's black and white are we talking about?

Food for thought :3

Seekrit

I like having to make up my own mind about things. If everything was so clear-cut, I'd never have to stop and think about what I was doing. That's a dangerous way to live.

Dreaming

No, we need color it's good, it gives us some variety. Things need to be explored and discovered, you're gettin' none of that with blacks and whites. Could you imagine if things were black and white though? If it was as simple as Yes and No? I'd give it 6 weeks before I started killing things just to make it interesting

"Should I kill this thing? Yes" oh ho ho

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
If we were to choose a black and white world, perhaps it could at least be one in which we were all happy by definition. [the question is too diffuse to have any real commentary on the matter]

Hypothetical life forms living in a black and white world may not care that they haven't got shades of grey. Perhaps they would even have a discussion on how they wanted a world that was entirely monotone, rather than one which always has two options.