• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Given the option, would you change the world to be black and white?

Zabrina

Awoken
I'd go insane if the world was black and white. Nothing's more soothing than color.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Perhaps we could propose a world that is even more than our 'myriad unknown possibilities'. Maybe a world that functions on our level as it does on the quantum; a world in which seemingly mutually exclusive ideas are simultaneously correct and wrong, or the act of knowing changes the outcome.

Maybe a species which appreciated this would view our own version of a 'many shades' world as narrow and monotone in contrast to their world.

Distorted

Heck no.

What would I introspect on anymore? What would be the worth of writing those dumb essays for my English class? That variability is what keep things moving forward. If things were black and white the world would become stagnant and unfulfilling.

Fallowfox

Heck no.

What would I introspect on anymore? What would be the worth of writing those dumb essays for my English class? That variability is what keep things moving forward. If things were black and white the world would become stagnant and unfulfilling.

Or the world would have to necessarily be written in a different type of physics and life may not even exist, or entirely different life might exist.

Quantum mechanics would have to go, because whilst there are discreet quantum states in some cases quantum particles behave in a probabilistic and random fashion.

That means that stars would not burn in the same was as they do now, so you wouldn't be around to do introspection anyway.

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?
I think it's part of human nature to ask questions and seek answers and learn about the world around us. If we knew every answer to every question then we'd lose our curiosity and we might live our lives as completely different people.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
I really thought this thread was about if we actually didn't see any color besides black and white.
If that was the case, I would have said:
But what about pride flags? I want to see rainbows and be FABULOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUS

Dammit, Ley.

If some things were more black and white, sure.

Fallowfox

I think it's part of human nature to ask questions and seek answers and learn about the world around us. If we knew every answer to every question then we'd lose our curiosity and we might live our lives as completely different people.

We wouldn't exist. A different form of life might.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
If there was a right and wrong answer for everything?
I believe already that there is, for most things, a right or wrong answer, and rather we just don't know what those answers are.
Nonetheless, since we do not know, I'll look at this as "Given the option, would you change the world to be where humans know what the right and wrong answers are?", to which I respond "No.".

I do not know what the outcome would be, and not only that, but I feel like I have no right to make such a decision. I would think that there would be plenty of people in the world who would want this change as well as people who wouldn't; how could I possibly make the people who wouldn't want such a thing unhappy by doing it? How could I make the people who would want me to do it by choosing not to? I would simply not deal with it and determine that I have no right to make such a decision.
I know not what's right for the world.

If this is how the world should be, then why aren't we already there? Furthermore, wouldn't this hinder our ability to evolve and grow in some ways? We wouldn't be able to learn from our mistakes, as we would already know the right answers.