• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Glass bottle soda

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Of course sugar beets smell bad, but dismissing them just because of the smell is a weak argument at best.
However, I think I can recall some debate about cane suger being cheaper to produce in the US then sugar beets.
It's the other way around, and sugarcane is far better tasting than beat sugar or corn syrup.

Otto042

I think its a waste of money. Water out of the tap is free. aside from getting a soda with a meal at wendy's, I avoid soda like the plague...rots your teeth and what not.

Otto042

I wonder how chocolate milk in a glass bottle would taste like...I must find chocolate milk in glass bottles.

Its amazing! they started carrying milk in the refillable glass bottles. you pay a deposit and bring it back when its empty and you get a new one. they made the best chocolate milk I have ever had. unfortunately I think I was like one of 6 people who were actually buying it so they stopped carrying it after about a month.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
In the future, bottlecaps will be the only currency you can trust! so fuck all this gold n silver nonsense!

T

Tycho

Of course sugar beets smell bad, but dismissing them just because of the smell is a weak argument at best.
However, I think I can recall some debate about cane suger being cheaper to produce in the US then sugar beets.

About the only place you can really produce good sugar cane in the US is in Hawaii. That's not a lot of supply to meet a massive demand. We import a lot of what we use (and the sugar tariffs inflate price and limit supply somewhat).

M

MaskedJackal

I saw Monster in glass bottles at one of the local gas stations. I imagine it probably tastes just as terrible in a glass bottle as it does coming out of a can.

VoidBat

About the only place you can really produce good sugar cane in the US is in Hawaii. That's not a lot of supply to meet a massive demand. We import a lot of what we use (and the sugar tariffs inflate price and limit supply somewhat).

I'm not going to say I understand the US sugar market, because I don't.
It just sounds like someone is shooting themself in the foot here. Why import and pay exorbitant prices for cane sugar, when beet sugar is presumably cheaper and better then HFCS?

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
I saw Monster in glass bottles at one of the local gas stations. I imagine it probably tastes just as terrible in a glass bottle as it does coming out of a can.

Yes but glass retains more of the awful than plastic or aluminum. So it'd still be awful, but it'd taste more like it's supposed to. so it'd taste more awful in glass because glass is like, actually nevermind I forgot what the fuck my point was.

C

cad

There's only some brand of soda I can't remember what name it had atm that comes in glass bottles here.
It was de-fucking-licious.
Now, if there only was more brands of soda in glass bottles here, I'd buy the shit out of it.

T

Tycho

It just sounds like someone is shooting themself in the foot here. Why import and pay exorbitant prices for cane sugar, when beet sugar is presumably cheaper and better then HFCS?

corn subsidies

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?

HFCS is cheaper still due to massive subsidizing of corn farmers.

Aleu

Deuces
I don't know if this was mentioned already, but Dr. Pepper in a metal can is fine, in a plastic bottle it fizzes a ton and I end up swallowing a bunch of bubbles(not good, of course), but I'm not sure how glass bottles change the drink. Does it?
It does. Drinks kinda taste more...pure I guess is the only way I can explain it.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
It does. Drinks kinda taste more...pure I guess is the only way I can explain it.
Pure, that's the thing. and i also prefer the feel of glass on my lips than plastic.