• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Glitchsuit 3.0 In Progress! [Image Heavy]

Glitch

SLUDGE FACE
EDIT: Oops, I think I put it in the wrong section. Can this be moved to Tutorials and Critiques, please?

Again, this is image heavy and the formatting might be horrible.

Whee it has been forever since I have posted here!

So after being out of suiting for a couple/few years I decided to get back into it before my second convention, ConFuzzled 2014. I saw suiters at this year's MegaPlex and I was burning with envy seeing as I had retired my old horror stories/suits. My skills have improved since then and I wanted to see what I could do.

This time I did a balaclava and foam head instead of all foam like last time, and I decided to include an improved moving jaw as well. Here are various images from my construction before.

5n80m.png

5n81T.png
5n83L.png
5n87h.png

After those I just sort of skipped right to taking a video of the law movement once I carved and attached the muzzle. Here it is. This time I carved everything from the thick foam instead of using flimsy half-inch foam for the muzzle, ears, etc. I wanted this head to be solid and sturdy instead of floppy like its predecessor.

The muzzle was way too wide in that first video, so I narrowed it out quickly afterward.

5n8i4.png
5n8iW.png

After that came the cheeks and eyebrows, then ears.

5n8kF.png
5n8nO.png
5n8qR.png
5n8sc.png

Here's another video I made, mostly for people on Facebook but still relevant.

I have since built up the back of her ears and added a foam structure for her hair too. She needs her hair, and I thought it'd be easier to do it this way instead of finding super long fur that also matches the shade of DF's purple. At any rate, I still think this is a massive improvement from my old work. For more updates and information, etc. see my Tumblr + this project's tag.

Last edited:

jorinda

Looks pretty good so far. Not sure about the symmetry of the ears, check that by putting a mirror on the middle of the head.

Glitch

SLUDGE FACE

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Hot damn, you did well!

Fawna

Cervid with a Smile
Good Lord, this is awesome! I admire anyone who can actually make a suit... very impressive.