• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

God and such

KittyKat

Okay honestly, if you believe in god... Get out.

If you think about it, what has he done for us?
You prey and you ask and you don't get.

My question to you is if god had to do something for you for once, what would he do?

gdzeek

Not to be takin Seriously
Hes done plenty for me, How about you get out? you wont because thats an illogical demand on my part.

He has given me a way to live, he has given me the ability to think for myself, that is enough.

KittyKat

Ahh but you see you gave yourself the will to change, the will to live. Forget it I'll delete this post

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Yeah, gonna take the side of the christfags when I say that this was a dick move.

Way to go.

gdzeek

Prove this wasn't natural evolution, and was indeed an act of god.

That would first depend on your view of God, he a very stereotyped figure. even if god was made up my life being grown up outside of religious society or within would have drastically shaped my life in very different ways. also such a lifestyle is given as advice I am free to try and live it, or ditch it and claim I grew up religous then shunned it. I was given that choice.

the real question is who and what is God in reality, is he a sham that is passed on or does he exist on realm beyond our scope.

L

LizardKing

This thread started out awful and is slowly digging down deeper

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I'm no huge religious freak really, but, the first post reeks of ignorant

gdzeek

This thread started out awful and is slowly digging down deeper

Its a religious thread thats what they do, alright everyone into the life boat. Muhahaha

I'm no huge religious freak really, but, the first post reeks of ignorant

It did, but some of us religious folks do that too, I have nothing against you KittyKat, I just hope yo offer me the same respect I have for your ideals.

Last edited:

gdzeek

No, it does not. If God gave you free will and "a way to live", my view does not matter. A fact is a fact. What a cop out answer.

If you stop believing in evolution, it doesn't go away. God does. What does that say?

lol, I snickered, seriously man your view of god develops your opinions its very clear in your last post.

for one, god does not go away, he simply isnt the fascist dicatator forcing his followers to do his bidding. if you stop belieiving thats all that happens.

your answer was the cop out with some small mimicry of what others say what evolution really is, I'm religious and I dont deny evolution. notice all these assumptions your making? for you to prove anything about evolution wouldnt I need a clear understanding of the subject first... Its the same with god... but wait you dont need to know anything about him.

my biggest point is noone can prove anything without the learner having knowledge of the subject. its not a cop out, it is a fact. If you dont know what god is I cant prove anything.

Last edited:

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
He would become a mod on here and ban the troll twins. (Jashwa and Brazen)

lol, I snickered, seriously man your view of god develops your opinions its very clear in your last post.

My "view of god" is pretty obvious if you just ask, too, rather than be snide and think you're cute or something. I'm an atheist. Good job.

for one, god does not go away, he simply isnt the fascist dicatator forcing his followers to do his bidding. if you stop belieiving thats all that happens.

Except he does. If everyone, today, just stood up and said "well, I don't believe in god anymore", there would be no more god. If the idea of god was never invented, there never would have been a god.

If everyone stood up and said "well, I don't believe in evolution", guess what? Evolution would continue to happen.

your answer was the cop out with some small understanding of what evolution really is, I'm religious and I dont deny evolution. notice all these assumptions your making? for you to prove anything about evolution wouldnt I need a clear understanding of the subject first... Its the same with god... but wait you dont need to know anything about him.

I never said you deny evolution. I never made an assumption. I used that as an example. You could have replaced "evolution" in that example with "gravity," "physics" or even "dicks" and it would have been the same point.

No, you don't need a clear understanding of evolution for me to prove it. I can prove it to other people - and besides, you don't need to believe in science for it to exist and happen. My point is, whether or not you believe in evolution, gravity, physics or dicks, all four of those things are still there.

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
Organized religion pisses me off. I don't care if a person has personal beliefs about this or that, but organized religion is a terrible, hiveminded collection that only hurts the world. It discourages and punishes free thought, and sticks around because so many people are too afraid of not having something to blame war or politics or famine or whatever on. Humanity needs to grow up; we have proven and discovered so many things, but all the organized religions want to ignore that and default it all to "GOD'S WILL." People make stories up to explain to unknown, historically this has been the basis of any supernatural thing, as a god would be. But as more information and knowledge was acquired, those beliefs have been replaced by facts. Religion wants to keep believing in something that can be proven another way - not just something like "there is no god," but something smaller, like diseases. I know it's only the really diehard religious people that refuse treatment for cancer or some disease because "well I guess God wanted me/him/her to have it," but those people still exist, and it makes me angry.

A question to anyone who believes god is THE ULTIMATE TRUTH:

Why, if humans and Earth and whatnot are all that matter in God's Plan, are there other planets, solar systems, and entire galaxies? Why does the rest of the universe even exist, if we're all that matter? Surely it was a waste of resources, no? Answer without using the phrases "God works in mysterious ways," "We can never know His plans/will," or anything like that.

---
You know, if anything I typed makes any sort of sense.

gdzeek

My "view of god" is pretty obvious if you just ask, too, rather than be snide and think you're cute or something. I'm an atheist. Good job.

congratulations you have a view, I probably have my own skewed view of evolution to match your skewed stereotypical view of God.

Except he does. If everyone, today, just stood up and said "well, I don't believe in god anymore", there would be no more god. If the idea of god was never invented, there never would have been a god.

If everyone stood up and said "well, I don't believe in evolution", guess what? Evolution would continue to happen.

If all the world stopped beleiving in god, he would still exist too, he doesnt need us, thanks for arguing that point, obviously we agree their atleast. hooray

I never said you deny evolution. I never made an assumption. I used that as an example. You could have replaced "evolution" in that example with "gravity," "physics" or even "dicks" and it would have been the same point.

No, you don't need a clear understanding of evolution for me to prove it. I can prove it to other people - and besides, you don't need to believe in science for it to exist and happen. My point is, whether or not you believe in evolution, gravity, physics or dicks, all four of those things are still there.

I know you didnt, but your trying to state facts based on your own opinions and viewpoints, I'm just calling you out on them. obviously you used evolution in a vague example.

congratulations you have a view, I probably have my own skewed view of evolution to match your skewed stereotypical view of God.

How is my view stereotypical or skewed?

If all the world stopped beleiving in god, he would still exist too, he doesnt need us, thanks for arguing that point, obviously we agree their atleast. hooray

Can't prove me wrong so you act all snide and take what I say out of context? Ah, typical religions nuts.

No, god would not exist if everyone stopped believing. This is because at it's core, god is simply an idea. If nobody ever STARTED believing in god, god would never have begun to exist in peoples minds.

On the flip side, if nobody ever STARTED believing in evolution, gravity, physics or dicks, they would all still exist.

I know you didnt, but your trying to state facts based on your own opinions and viewpoints, I'm just calling you out on them. obviously you used evolution in a vague example.

Evolution isn't an opinion or a viewpoint, sorry. You haven't really "called me out" on, well, anything.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
You just haven't found Jesus yet.

gdzeek

Organized religion pisses me off. I don't care if a person has personal beliefs about this or that, but organized religion is a terrible, hiveminded collection that only hurts the world. It discourages and punishes free thought, and sticks around because so many people are too afraid of not having something to blame war or politics or famine or whatever on. Humanity needs to grow up; we have proven and discovered so many things, but all the organized religions want to ignore that and default it all to "GOD'S WILL." People make stories up to explain to unknown, historically this has been the basis of any supernatural thing, as a god would be. But as more information and knowledge was acquired, those beliefs have been replaced by facts. Religion wants to keep believing in something that can be proven another way - not just something like "there is no god," but something smaller, like diseases. I know it's only the really diehard religious people that refuse treatment for cancer or some disease because "well I guess God wanted me/him/her to have it," but those people still exist, and it makes me angry.

A question to anyone who believes god is THE ULTIMATE TRUTH:

Why, if humans and Earth and whatnot are all that matter in God's Plan, are there other planets, solar systems, and entire galaxies? Why does the rest of the universe even exist, if we're all that matter? Surely it was a waste of resources, no? Answer without using the phrases "God works in mysterious ways," "We can never know His plans/will," or anything like that.

---
You know, if anything I typed makes any sort of sense.

haha, I'll try my friend. your right though. our little planet isnt the sole obsession of god. the entire universe is planned out, and yes there are other planets and soon we will probably find life on them, we may even find that the vast world of the gods is deeper and richer than we imagined instead of the stereotypical view that even religious people harbor.

I'm in religion because I see possibilities

he doesnt punish free thought, he encourages it, its not gods fault humans have misconstrued that idea

your right refusing medical treatment on religious belief is stupid, forcing others to take on our ideals instead of offering it soley as advice is stupid,

we arent all that different my friend, but your right religious people in general need to grow up and return to the open thinking that we are obviously capable of.

You just haven't found Jesus yet.

even i found that amusing

Last edited:
T

Tewin Follow

Srs question: if Jesus/ another prophet were to hit Earth again, say tomorrow... how would Christians know? Jesus wasn't really known outside of his direct area and certainly not by people from around the world.
He didn't make any effort to reach them beyond word of mouth, either. Nor did he do anything spectacular to gain believers-- he just asked those fisherman to come with him and they threw down their nets and followed.

How would you know he was here and what would it take to convince you?