• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

God and such

Tally

America will see the decline of mainline religion. The rest of the world will take a little longer. But it'll get done.

Over 2 billion Christians. If you think they will all have started thinking open minded in a lifetime, you put too much stock in the human race.

I can't see the countries with Islam (for example) entwined with the government and law changing any time soon. Or at all.

This.

RainLyre

Devilishly handsome
America will see the decline of mainline religion. The rest of the world will take a little longer. But it'll get done.
I don't see it happening.

These days it is more socially acceptable to bash religion than ever before.
But then I look at the churches and the followers and it seems as strong as ever.

Religion is not the problem. It's the intolerance that makes it all so vicious.

Last edited:

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?

Europe will beat us to it, but I hope so.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
If we ever learn how to digitize the entire species into hardware, leave our biological husks behind and become robots... Will god be pissed about that? Do we go to a robot hell? Do robots have a spirit to send to a robot hell?
God's original command to humanity is to go forth & multiply. In my opinion, AI is just as much our offspring as a human baby. I can't see why God would have a problem with us building intelligent machines.

As for a soul/spirit, if such things exists (as I obviously believe), I believe they are spiritual creations given to us by God. I don't believe a soul can be created by the growth of a biological brain, nor do I believe we could engineer a soul. In essence, if hunks of intelligent meat can have souls, there is no reason why hunks of intelligent silicon can't have them, too.

Now, as for downloading our consciousnesses into a machine body, I certainly hope that's not a sin because if the technology becomes available in my lifetime, you can bet that's exactly what I plan on doing! :rolleyes:

As for yiffing in Hell, yiffing is horribly overrated irl. How could it possibly improve in Hell (assuming yiffing in Hell is even possible...)?

Trance

Likes blueberries?