• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

God and such

Corto

Just to clarify I don't give a crap if you don't believe in God (if you're right, it won't matter. If I'm right, we're both going to hell anyway) but having a holier than thou attitude about it is for retards that don't have any actual accomplishments to be proud of. You're just as bad as the religious fundamentalists that believe everyone else to be a stupid heretic.

EdieFantabulous

Admurrable Admurral
You can not disprove his existence can you?

God is associated with the universe, (The universe being God)
Jesus is associated with the Sun, (Son of God rises after a period of three days)
and then the rest is Myth, based on Legend, based upon Truth in the center.

Religion is an opinion, an opinion can not be wrong, or argued with.

Pliio8

Has No Compassion
Just to clarify I don't give a crap if you don't believe in God (if you're right, it won't matter. If I'm right, we're both going to hell anyway) but having a holier than thou attitude about it is for retards that don't have any actual accomplishments to be proud of. You're just as bad as the religious fundamentalists that believe everyone else to be a stupid heretic.

HOLY SHIT THIS

Truer words have never been spoken.

Pliio8

Has No Compassion
This is why the forum loves Corto, yes. Get on the bandwagon.

I don't love him, its just that I've never seen someone with the same idea about this. :v

EdieFantabulous

Admurrable Admurral
Really, even someone with the opinion that the act of pedophhillia is ok, I cannot argue? :Y
If they had fine reasoning for their opinion sure, since it happens in nature sometimes.
Humans have strayed completely from the path that nature provided.
I don't see anything wrong with anything unless it is proven.
Like Pedophillic behavior is strange, but it's a feeling they can't resist for some reason, or another, yeah it's wrong in a psychological way, but nature would perceive it as a defect. Nature can't be completely extinguished, just like humans trying to find truth, so many years of looking for it, it has become nature for us.

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
I don't love him, its just that I've never seen someone with the same idea about this. :v

Really? I stumble over this concept on the internet every few second. Most people online, ironically, just want to be left alone.

Pliio8

Has No Compassion
Really? I stumble over this concept on the internet every few second. Most people online, ironically, just want to be left alone.

This is true. But it just so happens I get into this debate with nearly every Atheist I came across, its good to find some people who think the same, that it is not something to discuss, and it makes you no better than anyone else.

Corto

Haha browder's kidding he actually hates me.

Either way, there's mostly a reason to this. As he said, this is actually commonplace on the internet, not everyone (or even the majority) wants to convince everyone else that their opinion on religion is correct and yours makes you dumb. The problem is that, unsusprisingly, the most outspoken assholes are those that strive for attention, something that is reflected in their religion (or lack of it), hence the "IM AN ATHEIST AND THOSE WHO FOLLOW GOD ARE RETARDED" kinds and their counterpart, the "IM A RELIGIOUS NUT AND ALL OF YOU PAGAN HERETICS WILL BURN".
You never see people say what I did not because no one thinks so as well, but rather because they're smarter than me and realize it's mostly better leaving those idiots talking to themselves. It's just that I personally, when I get angry at retards, I prefer to say so.

EDIT: ALSO me english no muy bueno but I'm too tired to go fixing grammar and shit now. Hope it's clear enough to understand what I meant.

Ersatz

Banned
Banned
I love all the cop-out answers.

How about I don't know.
Because really, that's the only answer and everything else is bull because there's no way you can know. Pretending to have all the answers is worse than not having any.

I've prayed a few times, but I'm somebody that doesn't believe in a god but ultimately doesn't know if there is one or not...I just choose to believe there's no God because of religion.

I don't expect my prayers to be answered, and if they are I don't believe it was because I prayed...I just pray for good things in bad situations, it's rare but I'm not gonna lie and be like "lol I'm so cool I never pray." Even thinking to yourself "oh shit I hope I get out of this one" is praying.
This, 100%.

Corto is also right, but I suppose that goes without saying.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?

Oh absolutely. Everyone here remembers the time atheists fought a crusade to exterminate the religious. And fought to keep condoms out of AIDS-stricken Africa. And sought to force a single definition of love aqnd family upon the world, upon penalty of death. And flew planes into goddamned buildings. Etc., etc., etc.

Oh wait, that wasn't us. We just wrote some books.

But that's JUST AS BAD.

But srsly, fuck you and everyone else that buys into false equivalency just to justify your own apathy. You helped make the world the shithole it is today.

Lobar

double post, fucking mobile connection

Last edited:

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
Oh absolutely. Everyone here remembers the time atheists fought a crusade to exterminate the religious. And fought to keep condoms out of AIDS-stricken Africa. And sought to force a single definition of love aqnd family upon the world, upon penalty of death. And flew planes into goddamned buildings. Etc., etc., etc.

Oh wait, that wasn't us. We just wrote some books.

But that's JUST AS BAD.

But srsly, fuck you and everyone else that buys into false equivalency just to justify your own apathy. You helped make the world the shithole it is today.

u mad?

Lobar

Just saying what needs to be said. There's no way one could draw any parallels between religion and atheism from an objective and informed standpoint. The only thing they have in common is that you're all too fucking lazy to care to become informed about either.

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
Just saying what needs to be said. There's no way one could draw any parallels between religion and atheism from an objective and informed standpoint. The only thing they have in common is that you're all too fucking lazy to care to become informed about either.

The bolded bit is nonexistent but I dig what you're saying. However we don't really have that much of a model for comparison. There have been no major atheist societies or peoples so to compare atrocities isn't even possible.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.

One parallel is both sides often try to shove it down each other's throats and call the other side retarded for not agreeing with them.

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
People really need to get off their high horse.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
His point though was that only the religious end up killing.
And I agree with that, but it doesn't make what I said any less true.

Corto

EDIT:

One parallel is both sides often try to shove it down each other's throats and call the other side retarded for not agreeing with them.

This is what I meant (me not good with words), I don't know why you need to be a dick and turn it into a topic about religious killings

EDIT x2: Nevermind everything else I said, this dude conveys my point perfectly. Besides I was overstepping the limit of how much I can insult someone before I get a gentle reminder that I'm not above the rules

Last edited:

Lobar

EDIT:

This is what I meant (me not good with words), I don't know why you need to be a dick and turn it into a topic about religious killings

EDIT x2: Nevermind everything else I said, this dude conveys my point perfectly. Besides I was overstepping the limit of how much I can insult someone before I get a gentle reminder that I'm not above the rules

I lost your pre-edit post for quoting, but I'm not ignoring it. Your first post was just as legitimately read as rhetorically declaring anyone taking a vocal stance on religion as having a "holier than thou attitude" as it was being read using it as a qualifying statement. I am not accepting fault for your own failure to be unambiguous.

As for schools, I don't know what school taught you that epistemological proof is the only possible way to judge something as true or false, but their lesson plan must have been quite bereft of actual material if they held it to such an impossible standard. It's not something that exists in the real world off paper, yet the rest of us manage to function without it.

Pliio8

Has No Compassion
Can I just say that Atheism isn't the absence of Religion, or would I be mindraeping you all? :3