• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

God bless you , you rich SOB!

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
I have a trust fund! After all the shit that has gone wrong I found out I have a trust fund! My great uncle left a trust in his will to pay for all of my grandfather's grandchildren to go to college. No matter how much the school costs it will be paid for.

I really can't believe it , after finding out I would never be able to afford to go back to art college without taking out huge loans I was crushed. I mean I had no possible way to pay 80 grand and had pretty much given up on going. This has been a great day after a week of disasters. I'M GOING TO ART SCHOOL!

So to build on the thread and not sound like a total fucking dick let me make a topic. Have you ever had a dream that was completely crushed and you never thought would come true? Did you find a way? Do you still hope it will happen?

Silibus

Oh Boy!
Good for you ^__^/ Enjoy art school~

I still have dreams, lots are/were crushed, but I wont give up on them.
None of my dreams have come true up to this point though. ._.

TopazThunder

Noir Fetishist
Oh that's awesome to hear. I can only imagine how overcome with joy and relief if that ever happened to me. :)

As for me, I'm currently in the process of realizing my dream, despite near overwhelming odds. I'm getting obstacle after obstacle stuck in my way, but I'm far too driven and hopeful to give up. A couple lucky breaks are waaaay overdue lol.

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Oh that's awesome to hear. I can only imagine how overcome with joy and relief if that ever happened to me. :)

As for me, I'm currently in the process of realizing my dream, despite near overwhelming odds. I'm getting obstacle after obstacle stuck in my way, but I'm far too driven and hopeful to give up. A couple lucky breaks are waaaay overdue lol.

I know the feeling , honestly until I got the phone call tonight I had pretty much watched all of my dreams slip away from me. Five years of giving everything I have to those around me may not have been for nothing after all.

Don't give up on your dreams though. Put your whole heart into them , even though it hurts more that way when you hit a road block it is all that much better when something does work in your favor.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I have a trust fund! After all the shit that has gone wrong I found out I have a trust fund! My great uncle left a trust in his will to pay for all of my grandfather's grandchildren to go to college. No matter how much the school costs it will be paid for.

I really can't believe it , after finding out I would never be able to afford to go back to art college without taking out huge loans I was crushed. I mean I had no possible way to pay 80 grand and had pretty much given up on going. This has been a great day after a week of disasters. I'M GOING TO ART SCHOOL!

So to build on the thread and not sound like a total fucking dick let me make a topic. Have you ever had a dream that was completely crushed and you never thought would come true? Did you find a way? Do you still hope it will happen?
Cool for you. And 80,000 for art school, I hope a complimentary blow job comes with that. As for my dreams, I'm realizing the, but it's taken my whole life to push things into a place where I want them. It's not the destination, it's the journey. And no lucky breaks for this green bastard here, in fact, my entire life is characterized by lack of such. If Murphys Law had a live representative, I would be him. I'm still waiting for the meteor to come crashing down from the heavens as I step through the door to the promised land. Paranoia keeps us healthy.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Not on the same level but.

I was told two days ago that there was no way for me to drop a class I wanted. I wasn't understanding any of it and it was 4 credit hours. I poured hours of work into (10 hours a week of homework, 3 hours of lecture, 1 hour of lab) and still wasn't passing at a level I want.

I found out yesterday that as long as I'm over 6 hours total, I keep my aid money, get a refund for the class, get to drop it, and get to stay on my parents insurance.

\O/ woohoo. Get to keep my gradepoint average.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
It's funny you should ask this when earlier today at work I was pondering how fucking futile it seems that I took this job so I could afford to get a new computer and save up to get my own place back home, yet this job is allowing me to barely scrape by here. A few hours later a customer was telling me about his public relations job, and without thinking about it I mentioned I had to learn a little bit about that studying graphic design. He responded with one of his business cards saying he was in need of designers. I won't quit this job over night but who knows, maybe some under the table work, new contacts etc could come of this. I'll make it back home alive somehow, but this'll just make it a bit easier and make me look a lot better when I do. Plus any extra money goes towards my real dream, which I don't talk about in too much detail unless you know me pretty well.

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Cool for you. And 80,000 for art school, I hope a complimentary blow job comes with that. As for my dreams, I'm realizing the, but it's taken my whole life to push things into a place where I want them. It's not the destination, it's the journey. And no lucky breaks for this green bastard here, in fact, my entire life is characterized by lack of such. If Murphys Law had a live representative, I would be him. I'm still waiting for the meteor to come crashing down from the heavens as I step through the door to the promised land. Paranoia keeps us healthy.

No , no blow jobs , but it does have a lot of perks , free extra study courses , free year for teacher's certification courses , additional free courses should you wish to go out for your Master's.

TopazThunder

Noir Fetishist
I know the feeling , honestly until I got the phone call tonight I had pretty much watched all of my dreams slip away from me. Five years of giving everything I have to those around me may not have been for nothing after all.

Don't give up on your dreams though. Put your whole heart into them , even though it hurts more that way when you hit a road block it is all that much better when something does work in your favor.

Well after trying for so long, I guess its just about time for you to finally catch a serious break huh?

And yeah, I determined a long time ago that no matter what, I'd realize my dreams. No matter how sticky things seemed to get. I'm way too stubborn and prideful to let go anyway lol.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
My Uni is free...

As for smashed dreams, I never had any too grandeur or outside of my reach. So no smashed ones yet.
As for the future, people who were in a worse situation than I reached what I want to reach, so I'm fairly calm about that. Unless I fuck up badly myself, but that's another thing.

Last edited:

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Cool! Don't blow it, man. Seriously, I've known several ppl with trust funds who went nuts and spent it all in the first 2 years...!

Midi Bear

11/10/08
Holy! O_O
Well damn.. you really are lucky. I wish you luck in art school. Any idea where you're going?

Anyway, as for dreams I've had that were crushed to the point where I thought they'd never come true and then they did? There was the band thing which I pulled off a year ago and am still doing today. Then there's para sailing, which I never thought I would get to do, but got to this summer. There's still others that haven't happened, but I know I'll pull them off some day.

scarei_crow

nekomancer
thats awesome that you get to go to art school!

the only similar situation i can remember is a couple of days ago, trying to get a game, but the torrent had a 1:4 seed leach ratio, then it died at 50%, then somebody seeded it and its back on! pretty crap compared to your story, but i have bad memory =p

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
After having my dreams crushed of getting to go to Cambodia to work on the Khmer project in the coming summer because the group I was going to go with put their prices up by double I was really upset. Then my mum said that my birthday and christmas money from her and my dad would go into a travelling fund... and she might take me to Cambodia anyway, just me and her!
YAY! One of my dreams is to actually end up over there teaching English or Geography after University.

makmakmob

The only thing on my mind recently was to ditch the complete losers I had to put up with for the last three years and get some new friends and I pulled that one off, so I'm happy :)

It's nice to see some positive spirit here!

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Cool! Don't blow it, man. Seriously, I've known several ppl with trust funds who went nuts and spent it all in the first 2 years...!

naw I can't touch the money anyways , it is all handled by the trustee. Though I will still qualify for financial aid because I am dirt poor , so maybe I will get the chance to blow some of that money.

It would be nice to get some digital art supplies............

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Holy! O_O
Well damn.. you really are lucky. I wish you luck in art school. Any idea where you're going?

Anyway, as for dreams I've had that were crushed to the point where I thought they'd never come true and then they did? There was the band thing which I pulled off a year ago and am still doing today. Then there's para sailing, which I never thought I would get to do, but got to this summer. There's still others that haven't happened, but I know I'll pull them off some day.

Yeah I am going to go to MECA , it is the best art college in Maine and one of the best on the east coast.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
My dream of becoming a famous writer is crushed right now and I haven't found the extra push to get me motivated to write again. I'm still hoping I can do this but it will take some time.