• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Going to my first ever Fur-meet later this month, Any tip?

SparkyWolf

I will be going to a holiday Fur-meet at a restaurant on the 27th, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me about Fur-meets? More specifically how to best engage people there, and no need to mention the painfully obvious (e.g. Don't stand up in the middle of the restaurant and yell "YIFF!"). Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Don't be weird.

Shadow_Dracul

Alone in the dark of my mind
Don't ever say we don't do certain things just avoid any questions like that in a polite manner

Zeitzbach

Taste purple
Find someone with a same interest beside just yiff talking. A stable friendly relationship is built on a core tie and many supportive ties.

And "We are furries" isn't really a great core tie.

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
Hop around from group to group and get to know people.
Don't be weird. Or, any weirder than the rest of the group!
There will be a lot of hug greetings, if you're not a fan of physical contact say so first thing! To avoid any awkwardness.

Plastic-Fox

Crotchless panties and a firm handshake.

but yeah just be your chill regular self and get chatty.

Nashida

She do a blep
Don't be that touchy-feely creep guy who hugs without asking or takes stuff without asking either. I encountered such a creature a couple weeks ago who just took my fursuit head and paraded around with it without asking me first. If there's fursuiters there, approach so they can see you and ask for a hug first, don't just assume because they're fluffy they want ALL the hugs.

Bring a sketchbook if you draw or a 3DS if you have one, you're bound to find somebody to Spotpass or ArtJam with.

And it goes without saying but...you're in a restaurant so be kind to the waitstaff, be considerate of other people around you (who may or may not be families with kids), and if you order anything, pay for it. I help run a large three-state fur group on Facebook and we constantly have to remind people to bring money for meets because people will just leave without paying. You want to be able to go back to these places, pay your bill and tip too.

BadRoy

Snake awakens
Make sure you bring your Bad Dragon collection so you can swap with the other furs :V

jkjk. Be yourself, be friendly, bring snacks? I would bring snacks for sure. Everybody loves those.

pinkie

♥ Pinkie Pawsh ♥ EST 2011
do not associate with people who take "furfag" as a personal insult, this is true of all furries
For me, "furf*g" isn't a furry problem, it's the fact that f*g is a homophobic slur. I don't like it when people say that word around me, especially if they're straight. It's also rude just to call people that at a meet, wouldn't you agree?
but then again, I'm all in favor of being called a furdyke...if that's a thing. Haha! but not by some stranger at a fur meet.

Joey

For me, "furf*g" isn't a furry problem, it's the fact that f*g is a homophobic slur. I don't like it when people say that word around me, especially if they're straight. It's also rude just to call people that at a meet, wouldn't you agree?
but then again, I'm all in favor of being called a furdyke...if that's a thing. Haha! but not by some stranger at a fur meet.

Everyone here uses the word furfag very casually, so I'd probably get acclimated to that kind of thing right about now.