• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Good deeds you've regretted?

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
We all have something in our nature that sometimes just forces us to do the right thing. Though at a later date sometimes you just wish you had been bad. So I want to know have you ever done a good deed that you later regretted? If so what was said deed and why do you regret doing it?

I ran to the ATM once to grab some cash and realized the person who had just driven off had dropped 200 bucks on the ground. Now I could have scooped it up and walked off with it , but no I decided to go into the bank and tell them the man had dropped the money. Sure enough no sooner had I told the teller then the man walked through the door shouting about the money. Thinking back the guy yanked it out of my hand and didn't even thank me. I really wish I had just walked off with the money.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Oh, quite a few of these really. In my last relationship, I co-signed for an apartment that my ex's daughter and her boyfriend wanted to rent. Wasn't planning to, but last second they had no one to sign and they weren't gonna get it. So I thought I'd be nice and do that for them. Condition was that once they were settled, my name was to come off the lease.

Well it never did - the evil damn corporation that ran the building never wanted it off because they felt the daughter/BF didn't make enough to risk it. So, a couple years go by then they leave. The apartment was cleaned and painted, but the company later claimed that it had to be completely refinished and re-carpeted because of stains, smells, etc. Knowing the pig-style nature of the ex's daughter, BF and kids, I can totally believe it.

So, the company begin to harass them bout paying up for the costs and damages, and they never said anything to me, but obviously kept saying "sorry, we have no money". Over a year later, I get a letter in the mail - I'm being sued. First I even heard of the goddamn issue.

So, long story short, there was nothing I could do to counter the suit, and am stuck paying their $3000 charge - all because I tried to be nice and help them out.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
All of them. I take it all back.

Key Key

Any which way but up
Everything I do, I cook for everyone I drive all over hell's creation and take care of my 2 yr old, and I try to be as accommodating as I can be. I rarely get thank you's and I feel I get no appreciation or at least the people don't SHOW me that the appreciate and of it. But the worse part of it all is the ones who Mean the most to me are the one whom I feel like I am worthless. I wish they would show me that they care thats all.
grrr!!

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Once I held the door up here at college for a girl who was walking behind me, and she gave me an annoyed, I'm-not-weak-because-I'm-a-woman look. What the hell. It's only common courtesy. Next time I'll hold the door closed and you can fight your way in to prove what a strong, independent woman you are.

X

The Monster Under Your Bed
too many to list/remember/count.
but the most recent one(s) was, i gave my friend a co2 cylinder for his airsoft gun, i also put it in to be nice, then he pulls the trigger, BAM! he shoots me right in the ass, and it was a 400fps pistol with the heavy bbs, after that his brother shoots me in the foot for loading his gun, and i get shot in the head for handing my other friend the magizine he dropped(he pulled the trigger trying to get it into the rifle.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Once I held the door up here at college for a girl who was walking behind me, and she gave me an annoyed, I'm-not-weak-because-I'm-a-woman look. What the hell. It's only common courtesy. Next time I'll hold the door closed and you can fight your way in to prove what a strong, independent woman you are.
Passive gay rage. I have that too. Sometimes, I'll hold it open, and then let go when they get close. 1/10 times I get a satisfying thud.

Ratte

Being nice to one of my "friends". She turned into a major cunt and now the whole fucking town is under that skank's whim.

No one pays attention to any other girls anymore. They're all wrapped around her pretty little finger.

Year_of_the_Fox

Not as fox-like as he sounds
I dunno if it counts, exactly, but..

I wanted my mom to be happy, so I didn't protest when she married my former stepfather (they're divorced now. I couldn't be more relieved), even though she said she wouldn't go through with it if I didn't like him. And I didn't really like him (honestly, I could never, ever find out what she saw in him, but I digress). It was probably the biggest mistake I've ever made, considering how bad things got.

Midi Bear

11/10/08
Helping out freshmen at school. Once you do that, they always try to hang out with you, which is annoying as fuck.

T

Tycho

Helping out freshmen at school. Once you do that, they always try to hang out with you, which is annoying as fuck.

Helping out ANYONE at school is just asking for trouble IMO. There's the clingy ones, the ones who think you're their personal bodyguard and proceed to get into quarrels and hide behind you, the ones who just constantly beg for help with schoolwork, the ones who seem to think you're a damn bank and constantly try to bum cash off of you, and there's the downright ungrateful ones. School sucks. Generally, the point of school is to get through your classes and get fucked over LESS by others than you fuck them over, IMO.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
Every single good deed I've done in south Florida I regret cause 95% of the people here are assholes and wouldn't have done the same for you.