• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Good songs from animes?

FanaticRat

Okay, so I lied.
Just wondering, anyone know of some good songs that are used in particular animes, and what the anime is? I really like anime music (sorta a vague term, when you think about it...), so I'm trying to expand my knowledge of the subject.

If there are two songs I really like, it'd be the Outlaw Star ending themes, Hiru no Tsuki:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bz1508RBx2w

And Tsuki no Ie:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J4jFNoZ3Rrk

Not to mention nearly every song by The Pillows used on FLCL, and...well, there are a ton of others, but that'd take some time. So, anyone know of any good ones?

lobosabio

Dance the Mussolini
Just go out and get the Wolf's Rain soundtracks. You don't even need to have seen the anime to appreciate them.

FanaticRat

Okay, so I lied.
lobosabio said:
Just go out and get the Wolf's Rain soundtracks. You don't even need to have seen the anime to appreciate them.

The only song I have of Wolf's Rain is "Heaven's Not Enough," but I'll be sure to check that out (even though I hated that anime...).

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Aozora no Namida-Hitomi Takahashi from Blood +
Also Rewrite-Asian Kung Fu Generation. Bonus points if you can tell me what anime its from. Hint: It's rather popular.

Cmdr-A

Adeptus Astartes
You ask me? you get a list of good songs I like.

Megurari by Inoue Daisuke from Mobile Suit Gundam
Beginning by Inoue Daisuke from Mobile Suit Gundam
Kaze ni Hitori de by Inoue Daisuke from Mobile Suit Gundam
Star Children by Takajin Yashiki from Mobile Suit Gundam
Suna no Juujika by Takajin Yashiki from Mobile Suit Gundam
Jidai ga Naite iru by Masato Arai from Double Zeta Gundam
Issenman Nen Ginga by Jun Hiroe from Double Zeta Gundam
Hoshizora no Believe by Ayukawa Mami from Mobile Suit Gundam

Sorry for a long list. But these songs are classics and still by far my favourite songs from my favourite animes. Obvious UC gundam fan here xP

On a side note. Most self-contradictory song ever. Look it up.

Anime ja nai by Masato Arai from Double Zeta Gundam XP

The song played on Cowboy Bebop when Spike was fighting Vicious in the Church. Sounds like a nusery rhyme or something but it's an awesome song.

Kaku

"Dream Island Obsessional Park" from Paranoia Agent. It's the opening theme.
&
"A World Without Logos" from Hellsing. One of my favorite anime openings ever.
&
"Super Shooter," the opening from Gantz.

I lvoe all three.

There are two section of anime ending and intros for the most part
1. Alternative rock sounding with random english lyrics for w/e reason
2. slow songs, that translate poetically, with soft instuments

It pretty much does divide into those for the most part

Rostam The Grey said:
The song played on Cowboy Bebop when Spike was fighting Vicious in the Church. Sounds like a nusery rhyme or something but it's an awesome song.

That would be 'Encore en Verre', composed by Yoko Kanno. Generally speaking, if you see 'Music composed by Yoko Kanno' in the anime credits, your ears will be well treated.

Juliamon

Renamon is overrated.
Wow, I know I'm not in my element when there has yet to be any mention of Haruhi. Maybe I can feel good about making a post.

I have a terrible memory, so most of the songs I used to love I've long since forgotten, so all I can really point out are songs from the past year or so. Not that that makes them any less good.. (well, I guess that's a matter of opinion, some people prefer the oldschool) aaaanyway, these are the anime songs that are on my mp3 player and get played frequently:

Zessei Bijin (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei ending theme)
God knows... (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu insert song)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (opening theme of anime of the same name, available in the US under the title "When They Cry")
Utatane (Potemayo ending theme)
Suki Kirai! Suki!!! (Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ ending theme)
LADY LOVE (Shion no Ou opening theme)
Minimum Tempo (Lucky Star character song)
Pretty much any music from ARIA and related sequels (all very pretty, relaxing pieces)
Kimi no Soba de ~Hikari no Theme~ (Pokemon D/P anime ending theme)
Bartender (opening theme of anime of the same name)

There are more, but.. this is probably enough for this sort of forum.

Eshmasesh

Juliamon said:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (opening theme of anime of the same name, available in the US under the title "When They Cry")
This was the first thing to pop into my head, but I think the season 2 opening theme is better. Awesome anime too.

Juliamon

Renamon is overrated.
Eshmasesh said:
Juliamon said:
This was the first thing to pop into my head, but I think the season 2 opening theme is better. Awesome anime too.
For some reason the second theme doesn't resonate as strongly for me, I don't know why. The first theme was love at first listen. It's funny since they sound so similar when you play them in reverse.
I do still like the second OP of course.. I adore Shimamiya Eiko' voice. (and Hanyuu, but that's something else altogether...)

Kyouryuu

Yoko Kanno is probably the best composer of anime music. She is primarily known for the eclectic soundtrack to Cowboy Bebop. Right from the opening sequence, Cowboy Bebop oozes a style that puts it well above its peers. She has also done music for the Ghost in the Shell TV series, Wolf's Rain, and Macross Plus.

Myself, I'm a total geek for anime music from the 1980s and early 1990s. Because it seems like in Japan, the styles of music we typically associate with 1980s persisted well into the 1990s. Bubblegum Crisis definitely comes to mind as being especially dated by its music. Also, in the Eurobeat vein, there is the Initial-D series and Two-Mix did a lot of music for Gundam Wing. Bands that I like would be Do As Infinity and Every Little Thing, both of which can be heard in some openings to InuYasha.

Just... just don't get me started on how infectious the theme song to Sakura Wars is.

Kilehye

Here's some I have.. I enjoy them all very much. Don't know if many other people do, since I like some of them just for nostalgia.

Let Me Be With You from Chobits
Cowboy Bebop music (Yoko Kanno <3)
Ali Project did the music for .hack//Roots
Running in the 90s from Initial D
Agony and Re-Sublimity by Kotoko from Kannazuki no Miko
Last Exile and Loveless music
Motteke Sailor Fuku from Lucky Star
Canta Per Me from Noir
Let's Be Platonic from Ranma 1/2
For Real and Still Time from Saiyuki
Shiki no Uta from Samurai Champloo
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann music