• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Grand Theft Auto IV

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Dingdingding.

It actually looked interesting, but I would think running over people and stealing their cars isn't a good thing to play for me, if that is all that you do in the game.

Last edited:

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Yeah, that's about the only thing that seems to be really going.. MMORPGs. And most ports suck, really.. whether it's PC to console, or vice versa. I mean, like Halo 2 for example.. I heard a lot of bad things about the PC version. And it's a surprise that PC hasn't even gotten Halo 3 yet. The only thing I saw interesting on the PC lately was Crysis.. but it's one of those games that you really need to put a crapload of cash into your computer to even run on the lowest settings.. And what fun is that?

Most of the bad things I hear about Halo 2 is that it requires Vista, and the common complaints in teh first place. No surprise that the PC isn't Halo 3? Well I have no interest in Halo 3 Thumb-Rape edition but I alwasy got the impression that Halo 2 remaining Xbox exclusive until the 360 came out was the only thing keeping Xbox players ON the Xbox and not going onto a platform that allows them to aim, while they can still get all the games like Morrowind and KOTOR that are already on the Xbox. (Before I heard that Halo 2 was a "screw single player they don't matter" game, that would have been one of the few things I'd have gotten an Xbox for.)

Now on topic, I have Grand Theft Auto 3 and San Andreas for the PS2. Or rather my sister does, she just leaves them with me since she's too busy double-majoring so I have them in my library gathering dust. What I've played of GTA 4 at a friend's house has so far just been something I can easily do in San Andreas and to some extent slightly less amusing than GTA 3, seeing as there is a glitch that would actually cause some pedestrians to jump IN FRONT Of your car.

In other words...not really something I'd spend money on, unless of course I'm giving it to my sister for Christmas. Gimme Guild Wars 2 or Tales of Innocence should Japan stop hogging all some of the most promising RPGs like Mother 3. Or heck, even that new Persona 3 version.

Kyoujin

SOCK GOES WHAR?
Most of the bad things I hear about Halo 2 is that it requires Vista, and the common complaints in teh first place. No surprise that the PC isn't Halo 3? Well I have no interest in Halo 3 Thumb-Rape edition but I alwasy got the impression that Halo 2 remaining Xbox exclusive until the 360 came out was the only thing keeping Xbox players ON the Xbox and not going onto a platform that allows them to aim, while they can still get all the games like Morrowind and KOTOR that are already on the Xbox. (Before I heard that Halo 2 was a "screw single player they don't matter" game, that would have been one of the few things I'd have gotten an Xbox for.)

Now on topic, I have Grand Theft Auto 3 and San Andreas for the PS2. Or rather my sister does, she just leaves them with me since she's too busy double-majoring so I have them in my library gathering dust. What I've played of GTA 4 at a friend's house has so far just been something I can easily do in San Andreas and to some extent slightly less amusing than GTA 3, seeing as there is a glitch that would actually cause some pedestrians to jump IN FRONT Of your car.

In other words...not really something I'd spend money on, unless of course I'm giving it to my sister for Christmas. Gimme Guild Wars 2 or Tales of Innocence should Japan stop hogging all some of the most promising RPGs like Mother 3. Or heck, even that new Persona 3 version.

I wouldn't say Halo 2 or Halo 3 was a "screw single player" game.. most of the work went into the single player. You just got all these kids who just play multiplayer and that's it, for some reason.. which seems pointless to me. Before I even hopped on the Halo 3 multiplayer, I made sure I beat the game.. I knew a few people who had played for months and didn't touch the single player, oye.

And there's always emulators for Mother 3, that's how I played it. Just used an emulator and a translation guide.

And I don't really know if it can be considered a glitch, but that happens to me all the time in GTA4. People sometimes just randomy try to dodge out of the way, but instead just dive into my car. x-x They're just idiots. Lol.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I wouldn't say Halo 2 or Halo 3 was a "screw single player" game.. most of the work went into the single player. You just got all these kids who just play multiplayer and that's it, for some reason.. which seems pointless to me. Before I even hopped on the Halo 3 multiplayer, I made sure I beat the game.. I knew a few people who had played for months and didn't touch the single player, oye.

Those would be the people who have no life. I rarely play multiplayer in any game, as people with an actual social life and responsibilities don't have the time.

BloodYoshi

If there's one thing I don't like about GTA IV, it's the wonderful new variety of things you can die from. Like hitting something too hard in a car and flying out the window. >>

I also think the death sequence in that game is really freaking brutal, I mean, the whole screen goes black and white and slowmo. It looks so depressing. D: Unlike in previous GTA games where you'd just see "WASTED" which is more comical than anything.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Which is why most of them are annoying kids.

Exactly. Which is why I refuse to even bother. I hate children with the passion of 1,000 Kryptonian suns. And the grown fat nerds that comprise the rest of them, 2,000 Kryptonian suns, thank you very much.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
If there's one thing I don't like about GTA IV, it's the wonderful new variety of things you can die from. Like hitting something too hard in a car and flying out the window. >>
It's quite difficult to do that unless you suck-arse at driving and hit everything at top speeds.

I also think the death sequence in that game is really freaking brutal, I mean, the whole screen goes black and white and slowmo. It looks so depressing. D: Unlike in previous GTA games where you'd just see "WASTED" which is more comical than anything.

I like how it's gritty. Finally a GTA game that actual looks and feels mature.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
And I don't really know if it can be considered a glitch, but that happens to me all the time in GTA4. People sometimes just randomy try to dodge out of the way, but instead just dive into my car. x-x They're just idiots. Lol.

THEY STILL DO THAT?! XD then maybe I'd actually consider asking my sister to help buy the game should I get a 360 or PS3 since that was the one thing that would make me giggle like Beavis and Butthead.

Well maybe it'd be fun to screw around with the cheat codes. I always found it funny when I managed to spray-paint someone to death in San Andreas or when I made the citizens carry Bazookas around the street and then go on a riot.

And yep they're idiots alright. I hit the fire button by accident in San Andreas and sprayed a guy with the Fire Extinguisher and he thought I was going to hold up the store.

blackfuredfox

is a Gunnery Sergeant now.
now I am upset, I beat it at 11:03 pm on sunday, not even a week after I got it. I mean it was a three day weekend so it took about maybe 40 50 hours :(
If anyone needs help with missions just send me a message and i'll check back with you in a few days or so.

Last edited:

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
40-50 hours is a lot man.
Most so than the average person with a job has time to invest in, too. The "a game has to have 100 hours playtime" mentality annoys me. As a gamer with a job, games are either a lil' too short or disgustingly long. Too long, 60+ hours, and I have no way of finishing it while having a job AND a life.

I have like 7 hours on a day with school and like 16 hours on a day with no school to play. But I only invest about two or three cause I guess I'm just lazy and like hanging out here.

Kyoujin

SOCK GOES WHAR?
I'm still sad it only took me 29 hours to beat it. And what sucks is there really is nothing to do after you beat it. Sure, there's little crappy things to do but nothing that really makes it worthwhile.. ;[

Funny thing that happened to me the other day, though. xD I got shitfaced with Packie, and I decided to not drive because it's so hard when you're drunk.. so I hailed a cab and have him take us towards Packie's place to drop him off. Deciding not to skip the ride, I switched over and started messing around on the computer.. I feel the taxi hitting stuff and etc, which is no surprise. After a few minutes, I look back to the screen to see the taxi van on it's side.. car's are exploding all around me and some are already destroyed, there's an ambulance and people dead in the road.. Packie is in the hospital.. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? xD I thought getting drunk and taking a taxi would be the responsible thing to do, but shit!

Silly Sammeh

I just like to find all the funny glitches in the game, alongside the story
sofar ive found over 5 glitches in muliplayer..
Plus the amazing beating heart in the statue of happiness

Silly Sammeh

I would have to say the funnest thing to do though is get online...get 3 new people in yor helicopter and crash and lose the tail and swerve around, jump out and listen to them scream lol

Arbiter

Totally Gay For Bridget!!
just got the game today for the 360, and all i can say is wow. GTA 4 just kicks so much ass. graphics are fantasic, gameplay is amazing, and there's jsut so much stuff to do.

Kyoujin

SOCK GOES WHAR?
just got the game today for the 360, and all i can say is wow. GTA 4 just kicks so much ass. graphics are fantasic, gameplay is amazing, and there's jsut so much stuff to do.

Yeah, but sadly it seems when you get further into it, there's really not much to do honestly.. It's kind of a short-ish game. ;[

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
At least 30-ish hours is short?

Kyoujin

SOCK GOES WHAR?
At least 30-ish hours is short?

For GTA? I would think so. You can beat it in probably 25 hours or so. And I mean, they don't really have much you can do afterwards, also. I was already 75% done with the game when I beat it. And not to mention, most of the cell phone numbers are "busy" after you beat it.. so there's only a few friends you can hang out with and shit. They did a bad job on the game after you get through the missions. It's really disappointing.