• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Green Butt Domain (GIFs and loops)

nerdbat

Green butt of reason
During several years I spent animating and programming stuff, I made a lot of little animations just for fun. Lately, though, I decided to improve my viewership a bit, maybe get some watchers - in other words, spread my work around. Any critique is welcome, want to know what people think about it c:
My Tumblr and DeviantArt pages for a more comfortable viewing (subscribers are welcome, obviously). I embed some animations in the post itself, while others are dumped under the spoiler below. Hope you like it!
Also, sorry for shitty formatting .3.

tumblr_nu0l5riGdr1ufues9o1_400.gif
tumblr_oh37dhJR4J1ufues9o1_400.gif
tumblr_oh39rnJh3G1ufues9o1_400.gif
tumblr_oh39s3IUef1ufues9o1_400.gif
tumblr_oh39u6kn0o1ufues9o1_250.gif
tumblr_oh3a9oZuQp1ufues9o1_400.gif
tumblr_oh3aaacgVF1ufues9o1_250.gif
tumblr_oh39vsQSgQ1ufues9o2_400.gif

tumblr_inline_oh3a2dAQt71tbmhg8_500.gif

tumblr_oh3a3d2ywu1ufues9o1_400.gif

tumblr_oh3a98ppsH1ufues9o1_250.gif

tumblr_oh39uxUIL01ufues9o1_400.gif

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
Neat.

Man, after trying programming for a year or so (not too enthusiastically, I should mention)
Thinking about how you must have made this makes my brain hurt.
I'm out.
My nose is bleeding.
:V

nerdbat

Green butt of reason
Thanks for the praise! I still don't really know what to make of my work, butt seeing people liking it inspires me to move forward this stuff.

Man, after trying programming for a year or so (not too enthusiastically, I should mention)
Thinking about how you must have made this makes my brain hurt.
I'm out.
My nose is bleeding.
:V

It's not as hard as it may seem, I'll be honest x) I just take various tricks and interesting bits of various manuals, as well as try to analyze and reconstruct works of other creators (latter is how I learned to make good use of parallax scrolling, for example), and then try to combine them into something pretty to look at. There's a lot of improvisation and experimentation involved, which makes animating stuff especially fun for me - I create a blank canvas and try to place some existing idea that's on my mind at a moment, then throw everything I know at it (and learn stuff I don't know in the process), seeing what sticks, and then throwing and filtering what sticks again, all that until something crazy and cool happens :D The fact that you can change 2 or 3 values or add a couple of little things and get a whole new creation out of it also adds to the fun factor - for example, the "raining arrows" animation, where I made several dots at the corners to "generate" said arrows and set speed of the arrows in a "1-2-1-2" sort of way, and it basically created a pretty pattern by itself, in just 5 minutes of tinkering with the code and without a need to draw every arrow manually.

The rotating spaceship is probably most technical, since I had to put some 3D models for it and add texture scrolling, something that was pain in the butt to properly sync. Funny thing is that this one started as an elaborate in-joke. There's a game on NES called "Guardian Legend" where you play as a robot girl that can transform to a spaceship and vice versa, and during transformation, she spins around in space - my friends joked about how it would look in first person, and welp, I couldn't help myself but try to recreate that :D
guard1.gif

Last edited: