• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Greetings from a corporate mascot creator!

ThatSewist

Hello everyone!

It's nice to meet the virtual furry community finally!:) I've never been involved in anything like Furaffinity, so my apologizes ahead of time if I'm not up to date on anything furry related. I really would like to get to know the community better:)

In the past, I have worked for a major theme park in making anthropomorphic mascot costumes (I won't say which one due to privacy reasons), as well as being a consultant with others in the corporate business. I was in the process of transitioning into sports mascot making, but due to Covid, it's been pretty rocky right now in professional mascot making. Hopefully, I can get back to what I do best, but it'll be a slow transition.

I've interacted with several furries so far in my career, and I have to say that you guys are the best. Seriously. Nobody respects these costumes more than you guys. Every furry who has been a mascot performer has been the nicest performers I've met. I literally made this account to say that you guys rock:)

I'll be doing a Q and A very soon to talk about the industry, techniques about how they're made, and other cool trivia about corporate mascots.

Thank you guys so much, stay pawsome!

FoxWithAName

Welcome, this is an very interesting job you took. To be clear though I am like 3 Months into the fandom and i must say, it is not perfect and not all furries rock. What I learned so far is that the community has flaws but acknowledging these flaws and trying to find solutions for it is an ongoing process, and not many furs are a part of it. I myself am not very active on this topic and in the community itself, because I am still a bit overwhelmed by all the things.

Sooooo this went dark sorry. What I wanted to say, enjoy your stay and dive deep, there are really nice people here. Aaaaaand tell me all your crafting secrets ^^

spoonful-of-jam

What a fascinating job! I've never made a fursuit, but I've always wondered what the similarities and differences there are (if any) between making fursuits and making mascot costumes. I look forward to your Q & A!

Yakamaru

Bad Jokes Inc.
Welcome to the forum, mate.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

ThatSewist

Thank you guys for all of your wonderful support and being warmly welcomed! I'm gonna browse the forums a bit to get my feet in the water and not be the awkward outsider, hahaXD I'll plan my Q and A sometime this weekend:)