• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Greetings && Salutations

WarriorWhispers

.Pedigree.
My name is Ty, I'm new here.

*roll credits*

Onto the real introduction, and not looking like an idiot...
I'm 23, and I've been around the furry community to an extent since I was 14, but have never attempted to be a part of it.
A video popped up last month in my suggested videos on youtube of Stormi Folf, and that led to more and more videos and soon I had spent several hours watching videos from different members of the community.
It got me thinking, and while i've always been curious and wanted to join in the community...For one reason or another, I just did. So now, I'm giving it a try.
Better late, than never. Right?

So, a bit about myself?
I grew up watching mostly The Lion King 2 and Balto on repeat. I adored them! (still do..) When I was old enough for social media, I had two myspaces. One personal, and one for roleplaying. I started roleplaying as a TLK character based around Kovu, and later on(and much more naturally) one based on Balto. This is actually how I learned Photoshop, as I would use layers and effects to change the color and add designs for character. I did it for a few other people too! This of course caused my first brush with the furry community, and while I found it fascinating, by the time I looked into it, myspace was dying and I forgot about roleplaying when I joined Facebook.
Later one(I think I was 17?), I joined Tumblr and started seeing furry art again and it was adorable! And I tried to talk about it to my local friends, and was told how "weird" and "creepy" it was. That basically killed my interest for a while. Yay small towns...

Lots of stuff has happened in between, but I'm not sure how important all that information is.
I've decided to give it a try, see if I can find my place within the community. I'm currently banging around ideas for a fursona, I do have a base worked out. But I really want to flesh it out before any reveal.

Hope all that wasn't to long!

O

Okami_No_Heishi

My name is Ty, I'm new here.

*roll credits*

Onto the real introduction, and not looking like an idiot...
I'm 23, and I've been around the furry community to an extent since I was 14, but have never attempted to be a part of it.
A video popped up last month in my suggested videos on youtube of Stormi Folf, and that led to more and more videos and soon I had spent several hours watching videos from different members of the community.
It got me thinking, and while i've always been curious and wanted to join in the community...For one reason or another, I just did. So now, I'm giving it a try.
Better late, than never. Right?

So, a bit about myself?
I grew up watching mostly The Lion King 2 and Balto on repeat. I adored them! (still do..) When I was old enough for social media, I had two myspaces. One personal, and one for roleplaying. I started roleplaying as a TLK character based around Kovu, and later on(and much more naturally) one based on Balto. This is actually how I learned Photoshop, as I would use layers and effects to change the color and add designs for character. I did it for a few other people too! This of course caused my first brush with the furry community, and while I found it fascinating, by the time I looked into it, myspace was dying and I forgot about roleplaying when I joined Facebook.
Later one(I think I was 17?), I joined Tumblr and started seeing furry art again and it was adorable! And I tried to talk about it to my local friends, and was told how "weird" and "creepy" it was. That basically killed my interest for a while. Yay small towns...

Lots of stuff has happened in between, but I'm not sure how important all that information is.
I've decided to give it a try, see if I can find my place within the community. I'm currently banging around ideas for a fursona, I do have a base worked out. But I really want to flesh it out before any reveal.

Hope all that wasn't to long!
Welcome, Ty!!!

I

Infrarednexus

Welcome friend.
margaritaparrot.gif

Yakamaru

Your average Stand enjoyer
Welcome to the forum, mate.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

WarriorWhispers

.Pedigree.
Laugh out loud... joining at 23 isn't exactly "late". I didn't discover the furry fandom until I was 46. :D
It's been one hell of a ride since then.

Glad to have you with us. Explore and enjoy!

óÓÒò
I was 40 when I discovered and joined! Guess me and Open Mind are the late bloomers here!:)

Okay! Maybe late for myself, having known of it for almost 10years. :D

Welcome to the forum, mate.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Thank you! I as well.