• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Greetings world!!

MassacraHamster

Eat the other half of me
Hey everyone!

I'm new on the forums but I have been in the furry fandom for almost 10 years and on furaffinity for 6. I have been keeping my head low in the furry community for the past few years because my ex got into the furfandom because of me after we broke up. (loser alert.) Lately I have been getting back in because I've been gaming a lot of WoW and Overwatch with some of my real life furry buddies!

Anyways, I'm a 25 year old male from Denmark and I live alone with my many pet rats and one rabbit. I am into text-based roleplay and gaming (obviously) Otherwise I really don't have a lot to say about myself other than I'm a blunt dork and my fursona is a rat named Rayn!

So hello everyone, I might stalk this forum from time to time! Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
Oh sweet, you have rats too? They make such great pets, don't they?

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
(in shitty text to speech voice that wouldn't be out of place in a Full-Life Consequences chapter) WELCOME TO THE FA FORUMS WE AER GLAD O HAVE YOU IN OUR RAKES!!!!

But seriously. The more the merrier.

B

BlueWorrior

Hia, rayn! A warm welcome to ya!
also, your fursona is rather cute :3

MassacraHamster

Eat the other half of me
Oh sweet, you have rats too? They make such great pets, don't they?
OMG THEY ARE. They are so loving and such BIG personalities!! I have had rats for 7 years and I can't believe it has been that long. All of my tattoos in real life are dedicated to my rats and I can't even imagine a life without them anymore!
They're also the reason I chose a rat fursona. I just see a lot of myself in these little wonderful creatures!

Hia, rayn! A warm welcome to ya!
also, your fursona is rather cute :3
IIIHHH T H A N K YOU!! I hope to commission a full body reference sheet of him when I have the money!! One of my real life friends said she would be willing to make a kigurumi/onsie of him soon, so I'm HELLA stoked for that!!

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
OMG THEY ARE. They are so loving and such BIG personalities!! I have had rats for 7 years and I can't believe it has been that long. All of my tattoos in real life are dedicated to my rats and I can't even imagine a life without them anymore!
They're also the reason I chose a rat fursona. I just see a lot of myself in these little wonderful creatures!
You're totally right about their big personalities! It blows my mind how much a rodent can feel like a true friend. I actually haven't had rats for a few years now, but I've owned 6 over the course of about 8 or 9 years, spanning most of my childhood.

MassacraHamster

Eat the other half of me
What are your rats names?
this is going to sound silly XD I named a lot of them after my obsession with Korean culture and k-pop. (My rabbit is also named Tokki which literally translates to "rabbit" in Korean :p)

I have 8 fat boys!
My youngest is names Ghastly, after the Pokémon! (my favourite Pokémon!) He is from a Pokémon themed litter that the breeder decided for them!
After him, I have William. I can't remember his entire name to be frank with you, but the litter theme was coke brands.
The third youngest is Kimchi, Korea's national dish!
And then Oi, meaning "Cucumber" in Korean. He's named after a dog from a Korean reality show :p
Mino comes after him! Mino a one of my favourite Korean rappers. He's the lead rapper of the group named WINNER if you know them.
Then there's Mark, and believe it or not, but this is also a Korean rapper. I got him with his brother, named Jackson (Mark and Jackson being my k-pop OTP) who has sadly passed away when he didn't survive surgery to have a tumor removed :c
My second oldest boy is "Baby" He's actual name is Pattingson, but he was SOOOOOO small when I got him, so I kept calling him Baby and now he's name is just Baby. Fun fact though, he is now my biggest boy, so the name doesn't really stick anymore!
And then there's my grandpa rat, who is almost 4 years old, called Booker! He's named after the main character from Bioshock Infinite!

You're totally right about their big personalities! It blows my mind how much a rodent can feel like a true friend. I actually haven't had rats for a few years now, but I've owned 6 over the course of about 8 or 9 years, spanning most of my childhood.
This is so true! My grandma used to not like rats, but before she died, she fell in love with one of my rats. Whenever she came over, she asked me if I could get "That little creme coloured girl" (I used to have both boys and girl but switched to only having boys because the girls, in my experience, tended to get tumors quite often.) for her so she could sit and snuggle her while talking to my mom. She was kind of frightened the first time she met them, but once she realised what lovely creatures they are, she just fell in love!

Kity-Y

Aaawwww so cute with names. I did the same with my puppy just called him puppy but in all he had three names do to everyone loved him. Everyone had their very own name for him and he responded to all of them.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Hello. My names Okami. Pretty new to the fandom, newer still to FA and FAF. I'm pretty chatty so I'm sure you'll see me around. My wife of 16 years is also on here. Her name is bhutrflai. Welcome!!

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
This is so true! My grandma used to not like rats, but before she died, she fell in love with one of my rats. Whenever she came over, she asked me if I could get "That little creme coloured girl" (I used to have both boys and girl but switched to only having boys because the girls, in my experience, tended to get tumors quite often.) for her so she could sit and snuggle her while talking to my mom. She was kind of frightened the first time she met them, but once she realised what lovely creatures they are, she just fell in love!
I always got female rats because my mom read that they tend to be much more friendly and hygienic than male rats. I don't know if this is true though. People also say that mice make good pets, but they frequently develop fatal mental disorders, scratch themselves bloody - sometimes completely scratching their ears off - and even resort to cannibalism despite having ample food supply. Moral of the story; never trust what the internet says.

As for the tumors, I've had similar experiences. Out of my 6 rats, 3 had developed them. It's actually because (for some bizarre, inexplicable reason) female rats are much more susceptible to tumors if they don't mate. I wish I knew why this was.

Oh, one extra thing; have you ever held one of your rats up against your ear and listened to their heartbeat? I never would have thought a noise could be cute!

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.

IIIHHH T H A N K YOU!! I hope to commission a full body reference sheet of him when I have the money!! One of my real life friends said she would be willing to make a kigurumi/onsie of him soon, so I'm HELLA stoked for that!!
Rats creep me out. I just don't like 'em. They spreaded the plague, they have ugly tails (and they're pains in the ass to retrieve in final fantasy) and they're usually untrustworthy. Also tentacolino.

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
Rats creep me out. I just don't like 'em.
Sewer rats are disgusting vermin, definitely, but domesticated rats are often said to be the best rodents to have as pets. They're really friendly, and incredibly hygienic (they actually clean themselves more than cats do!)

I'm not trying to persuade you to change your mind, I just wanted to explain the major difference between the two.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Sewer rats are disgusting vermin, definitely, but domesticated rats are often said to be the best rodents to have as pets. They're really friendly, and incredibly hygienic (they actually clean themselves more than cats do!)

I'm not trying to persuade you to change your mind, I just wanted you to know that domesticated rats are actually very different from wild rats.
Don't care. I can't forgive them for the hours I spent grinding in ff4: the after years on the tutorial alone.

Now don't get me wrong. I LOVED the rats in Zootopia. It's just that they looked cute. Real rats creep me out.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Umm...

errr....

AI ≠ Real organisms. :/
No. In the tutorial you fight a FUCKING SAND WORM. Yeah, you get Ceodore's awaken power, but for what? A FUCKING rat tail. (It's a callback to the first game on the NES.)

Not to mention human sized walking rats scare me.

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
No. In the tutorial you fight a FUCKING SAND WORM. Yeah, you get Ceodore's awaken power, but for what? A FUCKING rat tail. (It's a callback to the first game on the NES.)

Not to mention human sized walking rats scare me.
You... do know that Rayn and I are just talking about normal, real-life domesticated rats, right?

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
You... do know that Rayn and I are just talking about normal, real-life domesticated rats, right?
Oh. I was just stating how I don't normally like anthro rats. Heck, even rats in general. (they have bare asses, dammit! Or am I thinking of mice?)

Last edited:

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Probably something different. I've had pet rats for most of my childhood, and mice too at one point (never again). Neither have bare bottoms.
gerbils. I think they might've been gerbils.

Ammy Rootpaws

Hi there, I'm new too :) Though I'm new to being a furry altogether. I used to play WoW (since vanilla and up till Draenor), what do you play?

MassacraHamster

Eat the other half of me
They spreaded the plague
This is actually untrue but a very common myth that many choose to believe anyways. Google it and educate yourself.
I get that rats are not your thing, but there's no reason for you to be insensitive about it.

Hi there, I'm new too :) Though I'm new to being a furry altogether. I used to play WoW (since vanilla and up till Draenor), what do you play?
Currently Undead Priest! All of my characters have always been undead. I used to play Undead Warlock back in vanilla! :D

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
This is actually untrue but a very common myth that many choose to believe anyways. Google it and educate yourself.
I get that rats are not your thing, but there's no reason for you to be insensitive about it.

Currently Undead Priest! All of my characters have always been undead. I used to play Undead Warlock back in vanilla! :D
Ah..um..., wasn't it the fleas, then?