• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Greymuzzles...

I understand the Furry community is very welcoming and non judgemental, so how do greymuzzles find participating it in what is essentially a youth dominated interest. How old is the oldest Furry you know, any in their 40's or 50's?

It strikes me as something which is a mindset and has no age barrier.

Kharne

The Minotaur Mongrel
I don't personally know any, but I've seen a handful of 55+

Of course, I haven't been here long so I'll no doubt see more, but most are 21-25 from my experience

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
Late Gen-Xer here. I even know a few furs in their 60s and 70s. Just have fun with it. There's no age limit.

Despite being older than average, I don't feel like it. If anything I look and feel relatively young, but with perspective. At least that's what I tell myself. Hopefully, I'll still be around for another 40-50 years. I plan to continue making art, doing more with VR and animatronics, and maybe even write a furry novel or two. Who knows, this might be something that continues through my retirement years. Even if I end up completely cutting ties with the fandom, because of family commitments or whatnot, I'll probably still like animal characters.

There’s plenty of people that age in fandom; they’re just not always as vocal.
Yep. Especially among artists and folks who plan the events.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I'm 65 and a birthday is coming up in April. I know some of you up on this thread, but I don't think you realized how much of a fossil this old Sabertooth was. I do know several furs older than myself, however. At the very beginning of this thread, the question I was asked is how do older furs participate in something that is essentially a young group? I have no problems with it. I still want to do "young" stuff, but my body tells me no, so I find other outlets. I do find it gratifying that younger furs will actually listen to my advice because I am "one of us/them". They don't view me as a condescending "old" person. I am very young at heart, and have a deep unabiding love and faith in the Fandom.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
It warms my heart to see kind greymuzzles enjoying their harmless hobbies. They have so much history and wisdom and perspective on the fandom.
... and you laughed at my joke about tongue blisters on the story writing thread. lol

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I am 43. Although I can't relate to a lot of the things the younger members of the fandom are interested in (gaming, musical styles, etc) I just kind of do my own thing. I am in a couple of greymuzzle groups in Telegram and Facebook and Second Life, we usually talk about stuff from years ago, old movies and cartoons and stories that influenced our own interest in the fandom.

My body feels twice as old, and my mind feels half as old as my real age.
I've got the opposite going on, at least partially. In my day to day job I'm serious, calculating and have a lot of responsibility, as a result in my free time I kinda go nuts! Physically I'm actually 42 (I was actually afraid to put 42 on my fur affinity profile) but regularly get id'd for alcohol. Most people think I'm between mid 20's and early 30's. The reaction when I hand over my driving license for ID is always priceless!

I'm 65 and a birthday is coming up in April. I know some of you up on this thread, but I don't think you realized how much of a fossil this old Sabertooth was. I do know several furs older than myself, however. At the very beginning of this thread, the question I was asked is how do older furs participate in something that is essentially a young group? I have no problems with it. I still want to do "young" stuff, but my body tells me no, so I find other outlets. I do find it gratifying that younger furs will actually listen to my advice because I am "one of us/them". They don't view me as a condescending "old" person. I am very young at heart, and have a deep unabiding love and faith in the Fandom.
That's fantastic to hear.