• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Guess/Make Up my fursona's personality

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
I'm testing out my character design and fursuit performance skills with this survey!

Here is my fursona, a bat creature named Zehlua. He often wears magical gloves that compress his wings into paws and claws. This makes it easier for him to move when he's on the ground.

1514752509.zehlua_zehlua_fursuit_ref.png

How does he walk and move? What sort of gestures does he do? Is he a hero, villain, antihero, redeemed baddie, sidekick, or wildcard? What sort of personality do you think he has? What else does this character design tell you? Also, what clothes do you think he wears?

I look forward to reading your responses! This should be fun!

EmpressCiela

The Empress has Returned
First off, OH MY GOD HE'S CUTE!!!!! I wanna have my makeup look like that!!!!

Ok. Enough gushing, time to answer the questions.

He seems like someone who would have that telltale "Sly, but not Temptress level sly" personality: constant quip remarks, good-hearted but occasionally manipulative depending on what he wants, usually has dirt on people who has what he wants, sometimes struggles to find a look that matches their identity and deals with identity issues deep down below the charismatic surface, etc. I also feel like he'd be the kind of person that talks mainly with body language and indirect statements that could be easily misinterpreted (which ties into the personality I described). I can see him wearing more androgynous clothing. Not stuff too revealing, but enough to garner attention for whatever purpose (he'd look cute as fuck in fishnet stuff or with one of those shoulderless tops). Lastly, I'd think he'd be the wildcard, helping whoever has whatever it is he wants, or whoever manages to outsmart him and trick him into doing something.

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
The general consensus so far is that he's sneaky-looking, maybe even a thief! Someone said he'd move like Jack Sparrow, very exaggerated and cartoony. He's definitely showy, like a magician, circus performer, or a drag queen.

Getting closer to something I can work with performance-wise!

EmpressCiela

The Empress has Returned
Idk if you've seen anime at all, but I imagine Zehlua with a personality close to Mephisto Pheles from Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist).

B

BahgDaddy

He looks like that guy that seems sane at first, but when you look into his eyes you detect something else. And then, as he speaks, he's smooth talking and indeed, just a tad sly, but very conversational, you're not even sure if he's being sly or not, and while he's smiling and flapping those big ears around he suddenly has to go take care of some business, and you smile all the day home before you realize your purse is gone.

Yet while prone to such activities, he's actually a nice guy to be around, and is strangely, yet innocently, capricious.

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
Idk if you've seen anime at all, but I imagine Zehlua with a personality close to Mephisto Pheles from Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist).

I am woefully in the dark when it comes to anime culture nowadays, but this guy seems cool (minus his lack of generosity!)

One idea I had was that Zehlua is out to pilfer chocolates and such, so that's neat that you made that connection! This guy is not only interested in candy, but he wears fabulous attire~

Also, even though I REALLY like to sneak up behind people and scare them, I feel like that's mostly unsafe at a con with other fursuiters...
I don't want to be mean to anyone, no matter how much fun I'm having!

I was doing research today on Disney park characters, and which ones are the most fun to interact with and why. My biggest challenge is that there's not a movie you can reference, like when people ask Ariel if she could win a race with Nemo. I have to go almost completely based on how my character looks. On the bright side, the multitude of people saying things like "sneaky" and "flamboyant" really helps me zero in on what actions to accentuate!

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
He looks like that guy that seems sane at first, but when you look into his eyes you detect something else. And then, as he speaks, he's smooth talking and indeed, just a tad sly, but very conversational, you're not even sure if he's being sly or not, and while he's smiling and flapping those big ears around he suddenly has to go take care of some business, and you smile all the day home before you realize your purse is gone.

Yet while prone to such activities, he's actually a nice guy to be around, and is strangely, yet innocently, capricious.

I think it would be funny at conventions if I pretended I was going to steal things, but made it cartoonishly obvious that I'm acting.

I could do that goofy tiptoe walk, and rub my hands together or wiggle my fingers before I snatch something. Anything to make it obvious that I'm not for-real trying to take people's belongings.
This is iffy, though, because I imagine people don't want their stuff touched at a con!

EmpressCiela

The Empress has Returned
I think it would be funny at conventions if I pretended I was going to steal things, but made it cartoonishly obvious that I'm acting.

I could do that goofy tiptoe walk, and rub my hands together or wiggle my fingers before I snatch something. Anything to make it obvious that I'm not for-real trying to take people's belongings.
This is iffy, though, because I imagine people don't want their stuff touched at a con!
I hope to see you at my first con, 'cuz you seem like a VERY fun person to meet!