• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

guilty pleasure cartoons

Ronnya

Guess I’ll be Tracer
Anyone have any cartoons they know they should hate but love anyway. My guilty pleasure cartoon is Total Drama. I’ve tried to hate that show, but I just can’t. Gaaahh! :mad:

Oaker

Beacon of bad luck
It used to be road rovers, cringy as fuck... until I looked up the producer of the show, his portfolio is full off... little girls... some of them naked...

Nope, I'll watch something else, ok, thanks bye, I'll get my nostalgia fix with something else.

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Any anime with suggestive themes. Im watching them for the story i swear.

Oaker

Beacon of bad luck
Guilty pleasure cartoons?
Hmm...
Teen Titans Go!
I don't get the hatred towards that show, I don't actually watch it either, but every now and then my brother will link me to clips of it (like them going to Wayne manor) and it's pretty funny. I suspect it's resent because that show means the original show is still not coming back and it's a huge tease. But let's be honest here, the original one wasn't that good either, and I watched it all the way until the end. I even started to like the theme a lot and got to the point that I know the lyrics of it in japanese, most of it at least.

(kyomo koozu ruuru mamoru yo! suki kirai nandemo taberu yo! jishin kaminari kaji oyaji, etc).

Some years ago I tried to watch the original show and half way through the episode I decided to watch something else instead.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I don't get the hatred towards that show, I don't actually watch it either, but every now and then my brother will link me to clips of it (like them going to Wayne manor) and it's pretty funny. I suspect it's resent because that show means the original show is still not coming back and it's a huge tease. But let's be honest here, the original one wasn't that good either, and I watched it all the way until the end. I even started to like the theme a lot and got to the point that I know the lyrics of it in japanese, most of it at least.

(kyomo koozu ruuru mamoru yo! suki kirai nandemo taberu yo! jishin kaminari kaji oyaji, etc).

Some years ago I tried to watch the original show and half way through the episode I decided to watch something else instead.
I mean, I can see why people who were hardcore into the original wouldn't like it, but I don't see it as canon.
The longer the show goes, the more self-aware and adult the jokes get, so it's not all THAT guilty of a watch, but it's the closest thing I can come up with.

I don't watch a lot of shows these days.

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
Anyone have any cartoons they know they should hate but love anyway. My guilty pleasure cartoon is Total Drama. I’ve tried to hate that show, but I just can’t. Gaaahh! :mad:

I actually kind of like that show too!:D

In my case I say Back at the Barnyard. This show gets a lot of hate, but i actually enjoy it:)
back_at_the_barnyard.png

S

Sagt

It used to be The Amazing World of Gumball, but I haven't had the chance to see it in ages.

Other than that, I guess Rick and Morty. It's too bad that jokes about the hardcore section of its fanbase are one of the first things that come to mind for a lot of people when they think about the show.

The Matte-Black Cat

Dark/Psychic-Timid Nature-Often lost in thought

Total Drama island? That's one of the best shows of my childhood, lol! The first season atleast..

I'm slightly disturbed by Ren and Stimpy but still love it..

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Monster Musume? I mean, only relatively - I think this anime is pretty damn awesome, and I don't feel any more guilty about liking it :v

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:oops:

I try to stay away from kids cartoons but sometimes I just can't.

I know many will laugh at me for this but here goes:
Inspector Gadget, Amazing World Of Gumball, Back At The Barnyard (Though I think it isn't on anymore or if it is it moved channels on me), Duck Tales (I wuv this show a lot, some would say too much xD) Mega Man (That new one on Cartoon Network), Sonic Boom (Also think it isn't on anymore or moved channels) and K.O. (Idk why but sometimes it pulls me in

So these are made for Teens and Young Children, but I am on a Furry Fandom site, so maybe this isn't all that weird =D

:oops:

M

Massan Otter

There's a frankly inexplicable cartoon called Murun Buchstansangur that I used to watch as a kid. Murun is a blue head with arms and legs who appears to be deeply depressed, and lives in squalor in a crack under a kitchen cabinet. The mood of each episode is decidedly bleak, despite the jaunty theme tune. I guess I just find it fascinating that this exists!

I

Infrarednexus

American Dragon: Jake Long.

Jake-Long-american-dragon-jake-long-31456106-383-459.gif

It was the only thing I watched on the Disney Channel. I loved that show when it first came out long ago. The designs for the dragons were awesome and I loved the fantasy concept and characters. The show kind of lost my interest when it got into the second season due to the writing and art style, but the first one is still something I would enjoy watching again sometime.

MiroTheFox

Spaced Out Fox
Plutonic Heart.

Its terrible, deserves no love, bad writing, way to much fan service...

But i love it anyway, good laffs

HistoricalyIncorrect

Happy tree friends.

I used to be terrified of gore in it, having a fast hearbeat whenever I watched it. Then I grew up :)

(Noticed old post wasn’t a cartoon just now, whoops!)
Yeah, Total Drama Island was one of mine too, it’s been awhile though!

Rant

Haters Gonna Hate
Mines Inuyasha. It's so fucking annoying yet it was my first real anime

Rant

Haters Gonna Hate

All right there's some legit reasons why people are upset about Teen Titans Go.
For starters the original Teen Titans was cancelled before it fucking finished which angered a lot of people and they did the same thing to Young Justice.

You also see the female characters in both shows slowly degrade into fucking stereotypes and the reason for this is is the Cartoon Network Executives were upset that females prefer the shows more than their male audiences and they wanted the boys to watch it and buy the action figures and stuff they didn't want little girls to enjoy anything that wasn't Sailor Moon or sparkle-girl-shit. Complex male dominated marketing. So they ordered the creators of Teen Titans and Young Justice to dumb down the female characters, if not outright remove any if they could. At the time it was one of the few more serious cartoons that actually had a plot in it that carried through the seasons. Many people enjoyed the shows so fucking much that it was like having a leg cut off when they cancelled them!

The show is said to have been cancelled because its female fan base was too big.

This might seem weird at first. The show has a huge fan base — isn’t that a good thing? But there’s actually a huge moneymaking strategy behind this idea.

Nowadays, the merchandisings for TV shows aim for market segregation. That is, it’s better to sell products to individual, well-defined groups, rather than a huge amorphous bunch of fans filled with little nuances. If you keep those groups separated, you reduce the risk of accidentally competing with yourself for sales.

The way this relates to Teen Titans is this: the show was created, generally, to appeal to boys. Yes, it has two (literally) strong female protagonists, but the team is still mostly male and led by a guy. It’s still about superheroes — you know, boy things. Once girls started taking an interest in it, the money from that female fanbase was going into Teen Titans instead of to the shows that were already being marketed to girls. The female market that caters specifically to girls is supposed to have that money, and shows like Teen Titans are basically stealing it from them.

There’s a lot of complexity that goes into this and we all know that things don’t usually happen for just one reason.

The same has been said about Cartoon Network’s shows Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series. They were, supposedly, cancelled for the same reason; they were supposed to cater to boys, but then girls took to those shows, ruining the marketing strategies.

Last edited:
C

CrookedCroc

You also see the female characters in both shows slowly degrade into fucking stereotypes and the reason for this is is the Cartoon Network Executives were upset that females prefer the shows more than their male audiences and they wanted the boys to watch it and buy the action figures and stuff they didn't want little girls to enjoy anything that wasn't Sailor Moon or sparkle-girl-shit. Complex male dominated marketing.

Greg Weisman (one of the creators of the show and currently working in the Netflix exclusive 3rd season) already debunked this back in 2016, he stated that Young Justice was canceled simply because the show's funding was based on a toy deal with Mettel and due to low toy sales Mattel pulled the funding leaving Young Justice without a steady source of income.

The opposite can be seen with Star Wars: Clone Wars, the show had bad ratings during the first season but the toy line sold like hotcakes and eventually the crew was able to go on for four seasons, you can even see how much liberty they had when writing stuff like the whole Mandalorian and crime syndicate arc.

If you want you can look up the Greg Weisman interview on "The Hip-Hop Nerd" podcast

Matt the Terrier

Woofs! Wiggles! Wins!
The Danger Rangers. Poorly written stories about stiff, bland characters with subpar animation and a shocking cast of well-known voice actors.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
OK, here is one: I don't watch much anime at all, but have binge-watched this show:

Case Closed!

51338NS83CL.jpg