• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Guitar Battles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Option7

Where are they? I don't see any linkage...
Plus I haven't been on in a couple of days.

O

Option7

Ok, first up, MaerSalieri
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/408287/

Quality: Great quality, I think there was one 'flaw' as it were near the beginning, but other than, nigh perfect.

Technique: Sounded like alternate picking to me. Pretty technical and such, but in my opinion is was quite repetitive.

Rhythm: Although there wasn't any drum beat, it had a nice, mellow, steady flow to it.

Mistakes: No major ones that I noticed.

Tone: Very nice. The notes were pretty crisp, while remaining calm and chilled.

Originality: I've never heard it before.

Beat: Not really appropriate.

8/10. Purely because of it's repetitiveness.

Now Druox
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/401303/

Quality: Sounded pretty good, kinda crispy though.

Technique: Heard some pretty good shredding in there, I liked the tapping too, although it could have been a bit more varied.

Rhythm: Well in time, however that middle 8, you came in a tiny bit late

Mistakes: There were a couple of minor ones, not enough to lose any points though.

Content: Very full track. Nothing more to say than that really.

Tone: Good stuff here. There were a couple of missed notes by the sounds of things, which detracted a little, but other than that it was pretty good.

Originality: Yep, bang on.

Beat: Pretty good. I liked it anyway...

8/10 also.

That's a tie on score, however, I'm gonna have to give my win to Druox, because in my opinion, his was more varied.
I think you should wait for 2 more judgings and the winner should be whoever gets 2/3.

I also think in future the songs should be of a similar style, so metal vs. metal and acoustic vs. acoustic. That makes more sense to me...

MaerSalieri

Option7 said:
Ok, first up, MaerSalieri
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/408287/

Quality: Great quality, I think there was one 'flaw' as it were near the beginning, but other than, nigh perfect.

Technique: Sounded like alternate picking to me. Pretty technical and such, but in my opinion is was quite repetitive.

Rhythm: Although there wasn't any drum beat, it had a nice, mellow, steady flow to it.

Mistakes: No major ones that I noticed.

Tone: Very nice. The notes were pretty crisp, while remaining calm and chilled.

Originality: I've never heard it before.

Beat: Not really appropriate.

8/10. Purely because of it's repetitiveness.

Now Druox
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/401303/

Quality: Sounded pretty good, kinda crispy though.

Technique: Heard some pretty good shredding in there, I liked the tapping too, although it could have been a bit more varied.

Rhythm: Well in time, however that middle 8, you came in a tiny bit late

Mistakes: There were a couple of minor ones, not enough to lose any points though.

Content: Very full track. Nothing more to say than that really.

Tone: Good stuff here. There were a couple of missed notes by the sounds of things, which detracted a little, but other than that it was pretty good.

Originality: Yep, bang on.

Beat: Pretty good. I liked it anyway...

8/10 also.

That's a tie on score, however, I'm gonna have to give my win to Druox, because in my opinion, his was more varied.
I think you should wait for 2 more judgings and the winner should be whoever gets 2/3.

I also think in future the songs should be of a similar style, so metal vs. metal and acoustic vs. acoustic. That makes more sense to me...

Thanks for being thorough. And yes, this match up is quite awkward to judge, based on the totally different styles.

~Maer

Judgement!

MaerSalieri:

The Good
Sounds like a good talent level of playing and writing, and I enjoy your progressions. You keep time well (for the most part); were you using a metronome? Recording quality is decent, and the song has a nice mood to it, very peaceful to listen to. Your fingerpicking sounded very technical, do you have tabs?

Things to Improve On
Extremely repetitive, except for those small parts that break the rhythm. I could really see a bass or even a violin under this.

7.6 / 9

Druox:

The Good
Of course, good technical ability as always. The drums fit the piece, and the piece overall is very aggressive. Shredding abound! I also enjoy the bass you get from your palm mutes.

Things to Improve On
Needs more melody! Your recording could use more tone and your riffs aren't played out to their potential. I'd like to see the tapping fill out to more melodic pogressions as well. I just wish this piece was tighter instead of seemingly random shredding; there's definite potential for awesomeness.

6.4 / 9

MaerSalieri

WelcomeTheCollapse said:
Judgement!

MaerSalieri:

The Good
Sounds like a good talent level of playing and writing, and I enjoy your progressions. You keep time well (for the most part); were you using a metronome? Recording quality is decent, and the song has a nice mood to it, very peaceful to listen to. Your fingerpicking sounded very technical, do you have tabs?

Things to Improve On
Extremely repetitive, except for those small parts that break the rhythm. I could really see a bass or even a violin under this.

7.6 / 9

Druox:

The Good
Of course, good technical ability as always. The drums fit the piece, and the piece overall is very aggressive. Shredding abound! I also enjoy the bass you get from your palm mutes.

Things to Improve On
Needs more melody! Your recording could use more tone and your riffs aren't played out to their potential. I'd like to see the tapping fill out to more melodic pogressions as well. I just wish this piece was tighter instead of seemingly random shredding; there's definite potential for awesomeness.

6.4 / 9

Thanks for being thorough :3

to answer your questions:
No, I don't use metronomes or anything like that. I just tap my feet and leave it at that. I definately have a tendency to speed up when I really get into a song, ya know? :D

And no, no tabs; but if you want some tabs, I can make some for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.