• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Gun chat

Very true. I'm not knocking the AR platform, nor am I perpetuating the AK myths of the AK being able to shoot under any conditions. My AR is far more accurate than my AK. But my AR is a pain to clean and I just enjoy the feel of shooting the AK more then my AR. It's simple. It works and it's fun to shoot. That's why it's my favorite gun.
And that's what matters. Any of these guns are serviceable, but the gun you count on should be the one you actually feel comfortable using, and can practice with.

Nobody wants to drag around a gun they hate, god forbid anything bad enough occurs to necessitate that in the first place.

wolf001

I finally found a forum where we can talk about my favorite: guns. My personal favorite is the PTR MSG 91 rifle. The scheme of this rifle is based on semi free-floating bolt (i.e., not coupled to the stationary barrel when firing), the mechanism of which protrudes from its front end. It consists of two parts with special rollers, where its more solid upper part rests on the bolt in the ready-to-fire position. Perhaps someone will not understand my statement, but it is only a tiny part of what I can say about it. And also as I know the best marlin scopes are used on it. That says a lot, I think)

Last edited:

SerlisTialo

sea cucumber
where i live now after emigrating the people here like guns a lot but i don't know anything an i feel out of the loop.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
Oh wow! Terry finds this thread intriguing! ÒwÓ

1633300381460.jpg

This one is my newest purchase! It's a prop though XP

It's known to be one of the simplest yet effective guns in real life too!

And I guess this particular one is 10ga. UwU

O

O.D.D.

Oh wow! Terry finds this thread intriguing! ÒwÓ

View attachment 120126

This one is my newest purchase! It's a prop though XP

It's known to be one of the simplest yet effective guns in real life too!

And I guess this particular one is 10ga. UwU
10ga sawed off would be rather unfun to actually fire. Also prop or not be careful about that, ATF gets downright pissy about that kind of modification without a tax stamp and they aren't known for their appreciation of nuance

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
10ga sawed off would be rather unfun to actually fire. Also prop or not be careful about that, ATF gets downright pissy about that kind of modification without a tax stamp and they aren't known for their appreciation of nuance

While the thread ain't about real life factors and restrictions, I don't know if giving it a solid stock aids anything on that--because I prefer the coach gun looks!

And while--again--I don't know how it would be on real guns, but a solid stock kit--yea I mean just the kit!--is priced almost the same price as a full package of this firearm... Meaaahh~!! >p<

O

O.D.D.

While the thread ain't about real life factors and restrictions, I don't know if giving it a solid stock aids anything on that--because I prefer the coach gun looks!

And while--again--I don't know how it would be on real guns, but a solid stock kit--yea I mean just the kit!--is priced almost the same price as a full package of this firearm... Meaaahh~!! >p<
It's mostly that I don't trust the average ATF agent to know or care that it's a prop.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
The fact that it is reliable when dumped into mud doesn't mean it is, nonetheless, not prone to failure. I'm not bashing Stoner's design since it is a proven, effective design ,with some problems at the beginning, like the whole no cleaning kits, materials used when it came to build quality, like bolt, and change in powder used in Nam. It's debatable whether those were a design flaw or not since they're mostly external issues, but they proved to be the early rifle's undoing. That being said, things can be learned through past mistakes, and has proven to be a perfectly capable platform.

What I'm trying to say is that reliability when it comes to mud and dust can mean little, since the rifle can still be an absolute piece of garbage.

for example:
CETME L is absolute fucking garbage yet extremely fucking reliable in during testing
I carried a Colt 601 "Johnny Mattel" during my stint in the military. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would have to rate it a -5. If you didn't clean it every 500 rounds, it would start throwing a fit. It was not comforting at all knowing it might jam and remember, the 601 is a "Slick Side" rifle, no forward bolt assist.

The AR pattern rifle is great as long as you treat it as a range queen and not a battle rifle.

O

O.D.D.

What was the rationale for making it direct impingement anyway

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
What was the rationale for making it direct impingement anyway
Less parts to lose while cleaning it in the jungles of 'Nam.

Even when I served, long after the war, we were served ball powder ammunition by the Gov't. If you use only extruded powder ammunition, the AR is a gem to fire. No jams, just plain old Rock and Roll. Ball ammunition is dirty, doesn't burn fully and that's what jams an AR platform rifle. It builds up around the bolt and eventually keeps it from going fully into battery. A Forward Bolt Assist upper will let you jam the bolt home but the 601 I carried had no such thing. All you could do was cycle the bolt and hope for battery.

Dr-Meat-Roll

all meat maki
i look at guns and it all makes sense until they start naming all the stuff and it's a nonsensical list of letters and numbers.