• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hacked account

Leasara

Resident Unicorn
My boyfriend, Tincrash, just called me in a panic to see if I could log into his account. He gave me the password and I could not access the account, the password has been changed. Now, at this very moment, someone is going through and deleting his gallery. Is there any way to lockdown the account before the watch-list is cleared or something?

Leasara

Resident Unicorn
Ahh, well now they're uploading pictures of penises without the adult tag. That will probably provoke some action.

calaverx11

Atomic Playboy
I sent a message to Dragoneer as soon as I saw the journal and icon. :p Then came the penises...

So I'm guessing we'll see a re-up flood in the coming weeks, once this mess gets sorted out?

STrRedWolf

Lazy-ass Drygerskunk
I just tweeted Dragoneer about it.

Meanwhile, make sure Tincrash has a decent antivirus system (like AVG or Norton, not Antivirus 2009 or anything that pops up on the screen), updates his system (latest MS Malicious Software Removal Tool will remove the spyware AV2009), gets a spybot removal system (Spybot Search and Destroy is good, as is AdAware from LavaSoft), and ditches IE for Firefox. And that's only if he runs windows.

If he's on a Mac, and just uses MacOS X, he's ok.

Owl---

If it comes down to it, I can offer my archive of the images Tincrash has posted to his FA. I believe I am current (654 images running to number 1233556778).
Send me a Note if you need it.

Last edited:

Leasara

Resident Unicorn
I'm running an Avast! Virus scan now. The rest of the computers on our network are clean, so I'm guessing he got a keylogger or the like somehow. He doesn't even download things that much, which means it might have been one of the tools I downloaded some time ago, but I only download from reputable sites, like Download.com or Sourceforge.

God, if it turns out to be something I did, I don't know what I'll do.

They got his email too, so no use sending him a password change email there. After the virus scan is done I'll go looking at his paypal and bank account and all.

Leasara

Resident Unicorn
If it comes down to it, I can offer my archive of the images Tincrash has posted to his FA. I believe I am current (654 images running to number 1233556778).
Send me a Note if you need it.

He has a couple archives of everything he's ever scanned. If we can't recover the Tincrash account, I'll probably be making an announcement when he gets a new account.

calaverx11

Atomic Playboy
I just tweeted Dragoneer about it.

I did, too...I think about 20 or more people did. He probably got spammed with "OMG TINCRASH HAX" tweets in the past hour.

Toaster

I'm sorry to hear something like this happened, some people truly don't have better things to do in life besides hack passwords.

I've asked a friend that knows Shadowchaser to ask about locking down his Transfur, and I sent a message to the DA admins to lock his account, and possibly restore it. >.> They'll probably just lock it permanently. Not sure...

But I'm seeing what I can do to assist in damage control.

wow... things will be turned back. I'm sure Yak has some way of fixing this

Yes, I may not know Yak personally, I've just paid attention to what he says... and there are backups he can reload of Tincrash's stuff, I'm sure... the question is, how much work that would be to retrieve, since backups are rarely done in an account-by-account basis...

Owl---

And now FA is down, probably to see what the problem is, I'm thinking.
I hope so, at least.

yup! called it! Good for FA's staff!

Kingman

Inquisitor of the Radical Ordo
Yup whole thing is down.

Not A Fox

nothing
I need to ask...

Was he fav+ing the udders & cows stuff or was this the hacker that did it?

Also, Are you sure this was a hacker and not just somebody that made a lucky guess? Or did your BF not use just one password for everything?

Also, You're probably the main target. Read your userpage description for a moment. The Published author bit would be just the thing to attract attention.

Your BF may just be the first assault.

EDIT:

Disregard this. Not just him or you. Looks like a larger operation.

I'm blaming this on Ebaums

Last edited: