• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hacked account

that's good to hear

Yeah, I only hope I wasn't stepping out of bounds to do so. But while I may not know Tincrash super well, I do know that I hate seeing someone so nice getting attacked. I hope the bastard that did this rots in jail. And gets fined. And fired from his job. And set on fire... and... yeah, I know, I took that too far. But I'm not happy at all that anyone would attack Tincrash. -_-

DO NOT GO HERE. caused my computer to crash.

It's safe enough if you have NoScript in place. But the page is definitely running craptastic scripts. Enter at your own risk.

Ainoko

The Wild And Crazy Hybrid
Yeah, I only hope I wasn't stepping out of bounds to do so. But while I may not know Tincrash super well, I do know that I hate seeing someone so nice getting attacked. I hope the bastard that did this rots in jail. And gets fined. And fired from his job. And set on fire... and... yeah, I know, I took that too far. But I'm not happy at all that anyone would attack Tincrash. -_-

It's safe enough if you have NoScript in place. But the page is definitely running craptastic scripts. Enter at your own risk.

You weren't, you were doing what any honest person would do, alert the appropriate site admins when something like this happens

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Yeah, we talked about that, he had the same password on both.
^ This was a very bad idea. As for the rest,

Tincrash' yahoo email account was compromised somehow, details are not available to me. After that the guy who did that started hunting down every internet place tincrash might have had an account on. He found Tincrash' account on FA via a google search and used a password recovery feature to reset the account's password. After that, during the next 45 minutes he deleted everything from the gallery and all the journals.

NN9

NN9
That realy Sucks (Hacked) :mad: it's not nice at all it ruins all the fun in internet. i hope they will be able to restore Tincrash account in the mean while i should tell that theres even more bad news have u heared it already if not heres a link:http://forums.furaffinity.net/showthread.php?t=37740 = A list of the damaged profiles = :(:(:( one good one is on the list = nek0gami and sorry to say Tincrash on it :( well hope the fix this soon cause im getting realy worried.

vappykid5

Un-Official Cherry Bomb Maker
That realy Sucks (Hacked) :mad: it's not nice at all it ruins all the fun in internet. i hope they will be able to restore Tincrash account in the mean while i should tell that theres even more bad news have u heared it already if not heres a link:http://forums.furaffinity.net/showthread.php?t=37740 = A list of the damaged profiles = :(:(:( one good one is on the list = nek0gami and sorry to say Tincrash on it :( well hope the fix this soon cause im getting realy worried.

Stop the worrying, the hacker is delt with & the problem is being resolve.

Nanakisan

Wild lunatic!
this is the exact reason i use a password not on any known word lists IE the argon list or use a known set of words to be common. also i keep my passwords well above 5 digits. only one email i own is using a full keyspace password i have t have written down. luckily its hidden within the hundreds of random .txt files i've made so hackers would never find it.

NN9

NN9
Well im worried because the site is beening down temporarily so long so i wonder if there is more Damaged/Compromised accounts, and that worries me too in a way they say theres three accounts down but what if they founds more?

kamperkiller

Art Whore
Well im worried because the site is beening down temporarily so long so i wonder if there is more Damaged/Compromised accounts, and that worries me too in a way they say theres three accounts down but what if they founds more?

nope it's far simpler than that. It takes the crew a few hours to get around to starting them back up.

Nanakisan

Wild lunatic!
nope it's far simpler than that. It takes the crew a few hours to get around to starting them back up.

or in our case. it takes a crew to get them started in a week

Leasara

Resident Unicorn

They've been so straight forward, if there were more damaged accounts, they'd say so.

The "hacker" was on his account deleting stuff when I started this thread. One of the admins tried to lock the account to prevent further damage, but they accidentally promoted the account to admin status, most likely because a simple mis-click on a drop down menu or the like. The "hacker" had admin power for under 2 minutes, and was only able to damage two accounts in addition to Tincrash's account. The site is down to make sure such an accident can't happen again.

FA staff is not going to name the admin, and I don't blame them one bit. If you must blame someone, blame the "hacker", failing that, blame me, an IT professional and Tincrash's girlfriend for not having discussed his loose password security with him sooner.

Nanakisan

Wild lunatic!
an IT professional and Tincrash's girlfriend for not having discussed his loose password security with him sooner.

don't be so hard on yourself. I've been a hacker for well over 11 years of my life and people who have weak passwords are more common then anything i nthe world and telling them to fix the problem is nearly impossible. seeing as 98% of my hacking was general security penetration tests i literally proved to them how weak their passwords were. I actually had a client who said no body could hack him. his password was the ! symbol. i laughed my head off after i grabbed his password in like 2 seconds with a brute forcing tool and left him a nice message. I changed his windows startup logo to my favorite. you've been hacked message which is the windows logo thats been shattered with a hammer.

LadyHisoka

Lt. testbot at your service
This reeks of ED BS! seriously penuses sites like ed encourage this nonsense and need to be removed for it!

On another note the staff was certainly on the problem really quick and I'm utterly impressed at the speed they worked this very serious isusse. I would outright advise EVERYONE changes their passwords regardless if they were hacked or not if they can switch to a different e-mail do so! and hide your new e-mail for the time being. some e-mail services are Easy to hack and it could provide effortless acess to the account.

Renard_v

FAT DONGS
This reeks of ED BS! seriously penuses sites like ed encourage this nonsense and need to be removed for it!

A lot of people don't seem to understand that ED, while it contains things directed at certain people directly, is maintained in a way that the content it contains is very satirically written.

LadyHisoka

Lt. testbot at your service
A lot of people don't seem to understand that ED, while it contains things directed at certain people directly, is maintained in a way that the content it contains is very satirically written.

well sadly that runs into the society is stupid concept that if you don't watch what you say you get what you don't expect. In this case ED and sites like it are actually encouraging hacking sarcasm or not they certainty don't deface the hackers in fact you can tell where this hacker came from by what he posted. Its a signature this guy got Browne points for what he did on FA, and he isn't the only party at fault in this that much we already know.

However what most people aren't seeing is that its not the admin or a staff of FA its the ones encouraging this ill behavior by reading it. they do it because they think they can get away with it they are encouraged to do it more because they are getting rewarded for it. If this manes you a little uneasy or angry GOOD you are beginning to understand.

rednec0

LadyHisoka, ED does possibly promote trolling, but certainly not hacking. Said hacker fails to realize that the internet is serious business as pointed-out by Dragoneer:

Dragoneer said:
S'ok. The dude was dumb enough to use his actual ISP -vs- a proxy in both this incident and the one involving ebonyleopard. We've got more than enough logs to send his ISP.

FBI_Party_van.jpg

kamunt

Justin Bieber Apologist
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/5f/FBI_Party_van.jpg

*snrk* Bloody brilliant. Edito:

There's still a difference between being satirical and being an ass. "A Modest Proposal" is satirical.

Last edited: