• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Holiday do you celebrate?

• Hannukah/Chanukah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kwanzaa

• Krampusnacht

• Other winter celebratory festival or holiday (please share! :) )

• Total voters

MauEvigEternalCat

Proud Feline Warrior
As the holiday season approaches, I thought I'd take some time to see which winter holidays everyone observes and celebrates! This is a friendly discussion, so please be respectful. Feel free to share any holiday traditions too!

Personally I celebrate Christmas (though I lean toward the secular, not the religious). :) We do the Christmas tree and the big dinner and presents. This year I'm going to visit my family up north for the holidays.

Interestingly enough though I do have some Jewish blood on my mom's side, though the most I do is "light" a digital menorah on my computer browser for that. Mom got an electric one though which is cool. I don't actually celebrate it though, but I still think it's a wonderful holiday!

I like to learn what other people's traditions are too, so please share and feel free to participate in the poll too!

Sir Thaikard

GOTTA WRITE FAST.
I just sit on my ass indoors and drink too much while indulging in mindless consumerism until my wallet commits suicide. My family rarely does anything but if I'm lucky I get invited to the odd Christmas dinner from time to time.

I'm kind of a scrooge and I loathe Christmas music. Being able to buy and order everything online has been a massive blessing.

MauEvigEternalCat

Proud Feline Warrior
I just sit on my ass indoors and drink too much while indulging in mindless consumerism until my wallet commits suicide. My family rarely does anything but if I'm lucky I get invited to the odd Christmas dinner from time to time.

I'm kind of a scrooge and I loathe Christmas music. Being able to buy and order everything online has been a massive blessing.

To each their own! To be fair, the holiday season does usually bring out some good deals on stuff you likely wouldn't buy any other time of the year (except maybe tax time if you're lucky enough to get a refund.) I do like shopping online and there's benefits to that especially if you live out in the boonies and/or want to avoid crowded stores.
The only downside is the mail system during the holidays. Packages can arrive damaged and late. Which stinks. The holidays can be chaotic for some people.

Thanks for sharing though! :)

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Happy advent.

I was trying to work out the area that all the Xmas trees in the world would occupy if you grouped them altogether into a forest earlier today.

MauEvigEternalCat

Proud Feline Warrior
Happy advent.

I was trying to work out the area that all the Xmas trees in the world would occupy if you grouped them altogether into a forest earlier today.

Thank you! :) I wasn't sure what advent meant (I had to look it up) but a Happy Advent to you too!

That sounds interesting. What did you come up with?

Fallowfox

Thank you! :) I wasn't sure what advent meant (I had to look it up) but a Happy Advent to you too!

That sounds interesting. What did you come up with?

About 5400 square km, roughly 3 and a half times the size of London.

Minerva_Minx

Don't pick me up on Craigslist
Christmas!

I celebrate both religious and non-religious. So it is a high charity low presents affair - give a lot more than receive.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I celebrate Christmas.

vamp-holiday-1.jpg

Werewolves love Christmas. As for holiday traditions....

This is the time of year that us lycanthropes prepare for battle against our most dire foe: Santa Claus. Enemy of all shapeshifters.

Minerva_Minx

Don't pick me up on Craigslist
Oh, wolf's-bane
Oh, wolf's-bane
The werewolves of Christmas are coming...

Oh Christmas cats
Oh Christmas cats
The time of meowing is upon us.

Dogs and cats
Are living together
And the end times are starting with freezing weather...

D

Deleted member 111470

Christmas. Especially Christmas eve, the 24th of December - it's more important in my country than the 25th.

MauEvigEternalCat

Proud Feline Warrior
Christmas!

I celebrate both religious and non-religious. So it is a high charity low presents affair - give a lot more than receive.

That's awesome though, what kind of traditions you observe? Like a combination of Santa claus/snowmen and that sort of deal with a nativity? Just curious. I like learning how people celebrate.

Happy Howlidays!

Happy Howlidays! I like that. :)

lol! Oh boy, let's hope it's not a full moon when Santa delivers his sleigh. What are the werewolves afraid of, that he's going to give them gifts of silver or wolfsbane?

I'm a solstice guy, which reminds me...I have to get some mead.

Cool! What sort of traditions do you celebrate for Solstice?

It was a much smaller area than I expected myself!

What was your expected area?

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Jul! Christmas on the 24th.. Dancing around the tree and feasting. The modern Viking Christmas.

MauEvigEternalCat

Proud Feline Warrior
Jul! Christmas on the 24th.. Dancing around the tree and feasting. The modern Viking Christmas.

Sounds like good fun! I wouldn't know much about Viking Christmas though.

Christmas. Especially Christmas eve, the 24th of December - it's more important in my country than the 25th.

That's cool! What country are you from?

It's in the middle of summer here so I do as little as possible.

I completely understand! Are you from Australia by any chance? Just a guess. XD

Guifrog

Blue Frog
Our christmas has lots of trees and colorful lights decorating the houses.

Snowmen... I mean, sometimes we use styrofoam to make fake snow on my side of the world!

34072606@400-1575392528.jpg

It's also that period of the year when most people get together with their families in spite of the distance, so it tends to be quite joyful. I know I'm going to my parents' in the countryside x3

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Sounds like good fun! I wouldn't know much about Viking Christmas though.

That's cool! What country are you from?

I completely understand! Are you from Australia by any chance? Just a guess. XD

Essentially Viking Christmas is the winter solstice festival. Here the two have been combined into one so they share traditions.

That's awesome though, what kind of traditions you observe? Like a combination of Santa claus/snowmen and that sort of deal with a nativity? Just curious. I like learning how people celebrate.

Typical decorations and gift exchange.
That evening there's Chinese takeout, followed by a small ritual to celebrate the day with the least amount of daylight.
After that, there's the holiday specials; Pinky and the Brain Christmas, Duck the Halls etc

Fallowfox

Happy Howlidays! I like that. :)

lol! Oh boy, let's hope it's not a full moon when Santa delivers his sleigh. What are the werewolves afraid of, that he's going to give them gifts of silver or wolfsbane?

Cool! What sort of traditions do you celebrate for Solstice?

What was your expected area?

I thought it'd be at least as big as Wales.