• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Happy Valentines Day

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
Ha. All you people with boyfriends and girlfriends. None of you had the foresight to be single, like me. And now you have holiday obligations. Bet you're regretting that decision now.

:(

Yeah! Now you'll have to share your over-priced chocolate! *raises hand for high five* *slowly draws it back*

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
And honestly, I never cared much for this "holiday" even on the years I had a girlfriend. In all honesty, do you really NEED a reason to treat your significant other nicely? If so, maybe you need to rethink something.

Ley

Valentines day is cute, but I'm celebrating Palentines day with my friends. We're gonna make penis shaped cookies and talk about ex boyfriends and watch chick flicks and eat candy and drink wine. It'll be great. Boyfriend and I aren't getting gifts for one another, but I might doodle him a thing.

RedDagger

Well, I often find myself forgetting what you're actually meant to do with your SO. Valentine® is good because it reminds me that you're meant to spend money on it, as opposed to just kinda...leaving it there.

Thank you, Valentine[FONT=arial, sans-serif]® ! [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Quote from a paid study participant. Terms and conditions apply. [/FONT]

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Now,now,which one of my wives shall I exempt from the daily beating as a nod to our special day?

Hmm... decisions, decisions... You westerners have it way too easy with your monogamous relashionships!

Last edited:

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
I'll be working on Valentine's Day anyway, so it has absolutely no meaning to me...plus that whole thing with being single and such.

ArmorcladCoyote

Red Wolf Inquisitor
Never really gotten my head around the point of valentine's day. Does anyone know where the idea originates from?

Saint Valentine was a martyr killed for helping christian couples marry under the Romans despite it being illegal.

As for my plans, I'll probably spend my Singles Recognition Day in the garage building a costume rebreather.

Last edited:

Coyote Club

El Gordito Burrito Bandito
Valentines day is cute, but I'm celebrating Palentines day with my friends. We're gonna make penis shaped cookies and talk about ex boyfriends and watch chick flicks and eat candy and drink wine. It'll be great. Boyfriend and I aren't getting gifts for one another, but I might doodle him a thing.

Palentines sounds freakin' awesome!

Funny story about all that dating on Valentine's stuff... My family got me all worked up about a "single" girl they were going to introduce me to this past weekend, and I was extremely pleased about the prospect of not being alone on V.D. of all days. I find out on the day that I was supposed to meet her that her boyfriend just came in town and no one really knew if she was truly single or not to begin with.

It's no biggie though. I'll just have to keep looking and maybe stage a Palentines of my own. #OneManWolfPack :D

-CC

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
I honestly don't give a shit one way or another when it comes to V day. Single by choice, but not bitter if others want to take a day to what ever it is they are doing. What bothers me more is how the consumerism has gobbled it up....and that it can be obnoxious to leave your house during V day. Want to casually go enjoy a bite to eat? Better off eating at home, because it's not worth going to any of the decent places to eat.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I agree with Trp that people can do whatever they want - it doesn't affect me, doesn't stop me having a nice day, but what pisses me off is when people in shitty relationshis (or who you already know can't hold one down) go on about how amazing their relationship is, and how amazing their partner is, because they were gifted with the entirety of the Card Factory.

I think I spent the last one in London with my mum (who clearly doesn't celebrate either, or she'd have spent the day with dad), and her friend from work, and her sister. W all went out for a meal and then for drinks and I for one had a great time, totally single.

This will be the first one I'm not single for, I guess. Another relationship came close to the date, but I fell out of that one and didn't see the point in hanging on JUST to not be single on V-day. That was the London day, actually.

Last edited:

dialup

wet floop
I have finals on that day. But after that I'm making cookies and brownies for my S.O then taking him out to dinner. Then we'll probably get beer or cheap box wine or something and get drunk and watch animus.

I don't understand why people hate V-Day so much then don't say anything about Mother's Day or Father's Day when it's the same damn concept but just with your parents. Shouldn't those be worse?

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Of course, there's nothing saying you can't use Valentine's Day to read more about Carter Woodson, who created an annual February commemoration more insightful than Valentine's Day could ever hope to be...

Ley

Palentines sounds freakin' awesome!

Funny story about all that dating on Valentine's stuff... My family got me all worked up about a "single" girl they were going to introduce me to this past weekend, and I was extremely pleased about the prospect of not being alone on V.D. of all days. I find out on the day that I was supposed to meet her that her boyfriend just came in town and no one really knew if she was truly single or not to begin with.

It's no biggie though. I'll just have to keep looking and maybe stage a Palentines of my own. #OneManWolfPack :D

-CC

Palentines day is great. :> Invite some friends over. Make some food. Do a thing.

I have finals on that day. But after that I'm making cookies and brownies for my S.O then taking him out to dinner. Then we'll probably get beer or cheap box wine or something and get drunk and watch animus.

I don't understand why people hate V-Day so much then don't say anything about Mother's Day or Father's Day when it's the same damn concept but just with your parents. Shouldn't those be worse?

I think its mostly just bitter people. Most people have fathers and mothers, not everyone has a significant other.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I don't understand why you need 1 day to promote your love for someone when there are 364 other days to do it as well. V-day is pointless to me on the basis that it is just another consumerist holiday.

If you need 1 day to show your love, care, and an excuse to spend money on them, I ask "what is wrong with you"?

I think its mostly just bitter people. Most people have fathers and mothers, not everyone has a significant other.

Just to expand on my bitterness, I am going to organize a group orgy and BRAG about it in great detail. Mostly to men so that I can get the point across. :V

Last edited:

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
Still not this year that I'm gonna spend the Day with someone I love. Then again, it would be up to her to do something at all if she wants, because for me, every day would be the Day... And then again, if ever I had someone to spend the Day with this year, it wouldn't matter because I'm spending the Day a a funeral, sooo... That's going to be awkward ^^'

Volkodav

Dad****er
If you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend on valentine's day, remember that Craigslist is always there for you

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I'm So Ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone
There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work rearry hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems like no one takes me serirousry
And so I'm ronery
A rittle ronery
Poor rittle me
There's nobody
I can rerate to
Feel rike a bird in a cage
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage
I'm the smartest most crever most physicarry fit
But nobody else seems to rearize it
When I change the world maybe they'll notice me
But until then I'rr just be ronery
Rittle ronery, poor rittle me
I'm so ronery

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Still not this year that I'm gonna spend the Day with someone I love. Then again, it would be up to her to do something at all if she wants, because for me, every day would be the Day... And then again, if ever I had someone to spend the Day with this year, it wouldn't matter because I'm spending the Day a a funeral, sooo... That's going to be awkward ^^'

A quick tryst in a dark corner always works during a funeral. :V

Coyote Club

El Gordito Burrito Bandito
I'm So Ronery

Oh Christ that's hilarious!!!

Here I was a bit bummed out with the negativity on the thread, but I took just a moment to see the first line of the song and busted out laughing. Thanks Kit for making my day that much more awesome!

I don't understand why you need 1 day to promote your love for someone when there are 364 other days to do it as well. V-day is pointless to me on the basis that it is just another consumerist holiday.

If you need 1 day to show your love, care, and an excuse to spend money on them, I ask "what is wrong with you"?

I think you and others have said it well. You don't need Valentine's Day to show someone how much you love them, it's just a day to buy them cheaper-than-usual candy and act like it's a super amazing gift. :v

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Happy Valentine's Day to fellows who also are alone with none to love...

:(
Don't get me wrong, I can easily get sex, but finding someone single who I'm really attracted to has yet to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I can easily get sex, but finding someone single who I'm really attracted to has yet to happen.

The same. I've never felt true romantic love, only some flickerings of the possibility of it. It is my dream to find a soul mate, a quest I've recently embarked upon, and I imagine sex with someone you love is even more rewarding than sex with strangers who enter your life for but a small time and leave as quickly as they came. It is easy to find sex if you are in decent physical condition and have a mug that more than a mother could love, easier still if you have low standards, hard to find someone who is actually like you in interests and personality, that is far more difficult.