• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Haptic, Visual, or Auditory?

JerryFoxcoon

The classy Captain Furfag
I'm mostly a visual learner, though I have fairly strong auditory learning capabilities as well.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Strong auditory and medium visual; however to do physical feats I need medium visual and auditory and strong haptic in order to preform that feat.

So for me I can't really take notes in class because it draws away from the auditory part and I can't learn things as well :/

Luki

I'm definitely a full auditory learner.

It's pretty much how I learn foreign languages.
Once I hear something with the intent to memorize it , I hardly ever forget it. Games and shows have always been my top means of learning idioms.
For example, when I laid sleepless in bed a few days ago, I recalled individually about 300ish words that I'd heard in shows and teacher podcasts of a new language I took up very recently , as a mean to keep them fresh and bore myself to sleep.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I learn best by doing it myself, though most of the time I just look at things and learn it.

Differs by subject.

If it's extensive (e.g. science-subjects) or math-related, I have to write it down to remember it (although I might still understand it.)

If it's an art-form, reading/writing won't help, I just need to do it.

If it's historical, sociological, psychological, or philosohpical, I am fine with just auditory.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Now that I think about it, when I'm really working hard to learn or figure out something, I tend to use all three. Like, I'll talk to myself while I use my hands to "draw" diagrams of what I'm thinking.

Gator

Uncledaddy
mostly visual. try to tell me something without showing me and you might as well be speakin' chinese.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Haptic and then Visual, you can show me how to do something but until I try to do it myself, I'm going nowhere.

Feste

I haven't found an answer yet
Depends, but usually haptic. I think tasks are better for haptic, knowledge is auditory, and systems is visual. That's my hypothesis anyway.

jtrekkie

Feathered
Visual, I need to see stuff to understand it.

Teckolf

Drank ALL the Coffee!!!
99% Haptic... If it is something I am already comfortable with I can expand that knowledge visually but I have too short an attention span to listen and watch.

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
I'm going to have to say visual in cooperation with haptic. Auditory is a no go for me. I'm usually either too bored to get half of the stuf or i'm listening so intensely i get stuck analyzing the first thing and completely miss the other five.

I will need a very good visual representation and then do it myself to even begin to understand complicated subjects like math or ... more math. Same with art, i will need many visual representions and lots of practice before i can learn a tehnique or how to create proper lighting.

SparkyWolf

Mainly visual but also some auditory. I tend to do well watching a video of something and then replicating it, YouTube is the way I've learned all sorts of bizarre thing that I do :p

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Haptic. The formers get me annoyed.

Feste

I haven't found an answer yet
What category does rote learning for 14 hours a day come under?

Pretty sure that's visual unless you're talking about practice problem, which is haptic.