• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hardest Bosses

Riol Tikorma

Shinies....
I think Luther/Fayt in the Urssa Cave Temple is one of the hardest boss pairings out there.

Oh and Bongo Bongo(SP?) from OoT's Shadow Temple.

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
Bosses that you're supposed to lose to. I always try to level up more and see if I can mess up the story somehow.

KypDurron23

Teh Emo Thundah!
Dunno about anyone else, but I had a hard time with the Boost Ball Guardian from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

The turd took out half an energy tank with a claw swipe, and when he went into boost ball or goo form, getting so much as tapped by him almost took out a full energy tank.

Not to mention the dark atmosphere, which steadily grinds down at your health, and the little turds that kept coming to help him.

Stratelier

I had trouble against the Boost Guardian in MP2 as well, since your only HP powerups are from the random Ings or when the Guardian smashes one of the pillars. When the Guardian uses the Boost attack, I actually found it easier to back against the wall and simply jump to dodge him (as opposed to using Morph Ball mode), since you can't actually hurt him until he's finished Boosting.

Come to think of it, couldn't you knock him out of Boost mode with a charged blast, or was that only useful against Dark Samus 2?

Bosses that you're supposed to lose to. I always try to level up more and see if I can mess up the story somehow.
I know how you feel, unless carefully balanced (such as Sora's first fight against Squall in KH1) it tends to break the game's immersion when there is e.g: any enemy who just never runs out of HP and/or blocks all your attacks (e.g: Kevin vs. Karl in SD3, Dart vs. Lloyd in Legend of Dragoon disk 1, Terra vs. Phunbaba in FF6), or an obviously uber-tough enemy who wipes you out in a single turn and there's nothing you can do about it. (Though in their defense, the latter is actually less annoying than the former.)

I want to see a boss battle in a game where there are both win and lose scenarios, however if you didn't make some kind of progress during the battle (i.e: if you just stand there and let yourself get killed) then you still get a "Game Over".

mottled.kitten

the < to my 3

OH YEAH. Breath of Fire 3, Sunder and uh... what was that other horse's name? xD At the very beginning, when you fight them, apparently it is possible to beat them... but it doesn't change the story any.

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
Oh god, Roy Mustang and Alex Louise Armstrong at the end of some such Full Metal Alchemist game. I fought them for like two hours straight and eventually ran out of healing items. I just wanted to see how far I could go before I inevitably lost. I sure gave 'em a run for their money, though, they actually started fighting harder after a while. 8)

I remember that exact same feeling. *Sigh*

Aviiva

Paradox
Jaws from Goldeneye was a mean as fu** boss even on the easiest difficulty. then after you beat him ud have like 1/2 ur health to complete the rest of the level. (thinking back on it, the most difficult thing about that game was prolly the archaic aiming controls)

RTDragon

RTP User
Dunno if it's been said already, but Ghaleon from Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete... took me FOREVERZ to beat him. xD

Though I was young then. Maybe he's easier now. =O

Wait till you play Lunar 2. The Final boss is extremly hard basically it's an endurance test since the final dungeon has enemies that need different strategies FOR EACH ONE to defeat.

Rytes

Click Here
Freya (misspell?) from Star Ocean 3... just too much for me

T_F0x

Foxy Fox (generic, eh?)
The "boss fight" before you enter the Prothean ruins on Therum in Mass Effect... I was playing through my first time with an Adept on Veteran difficulty. So many Geth Snipers, Hoppers, Ghosts ect. Then the fucking Armature... All I had was a stupid pistol >.<

K

Kurama17

Hmm...Long list time

Sephiroth (Any game x.x)- Killed me in three hits in KH2

Land Shark(Blue Dragon)-He's weak to fire, but it also helps him use his best move. So when I could be attacking him, I have to heal everybody x.x

Shin Akuma(Capcom Vs. SNK EO2)- Fuck Ultra Rugal, Akuma beat the shit out of me in 15 seconds

Vazdah(Ninja Gaiden 2)- Come on, this guy is ten times your size, and if you don't know the pattern when he's in his first form, you're fucked.

Fiend Genshin(Ninja Gaiden 2)- God. Damn.

Alpha(DOA4)- Hey! Stop hitting me so damn much!

Dark Elf(FF4 DS)- Wow, everything heals him, I can't use any weapons, AND I'm supposed to heal you?!

Ganon(LoZ: Orcarina of Time)- 'Nuff said

Cloud and others(KH2)- Some hades challenge, where you fight Cloud, Leon, Yuffie, and Tifa...ALL AT THE SAME TIME. God if I wasn't level 99 and had everything maxed it would have tooken three more hours than it already did.

The Warrior(Prince of Persia 360)- Wow, I can't hurt you? Why not?!

More will come later..

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
Woah, necromacy from back before my last birthday...

To contribute, I'll say Orin from Subterranean Animism. She's only the stage 5 boss, but I can't get past her, so the final boss (Utsuho) could potentially be worse, but for now she's the main thing holding me back in that game. She basically goes "Imma eat your soul now, 'kay? =3" and then proceeds to do so... and then does the same with your corpse... And anything that remains of you by then...

Meanwhile, in Mountain of Faith, Aya Syameimaru also wins the "toughest boss EVAR" award due to being able to have no problem surviving even when I use a bug in the game to cheat and do obscenely high amounts of damage with Marisa's type B (where her options fire lasers).

Vore Writer

Dog faced God
The boss on level five in Tale Spin for the NES. I doubt he's the hardest, but he's a pain in the butt to kill. Oddly enough once you get passed him the rest of the game is a breeze.

Loki-Fox

''And then there were none''
Sephiroth was hard or extreme hard in KH(Kingdom Hearts) in the olympic games xP cuz of the small corners and his long ass sword

Last edited:

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
Sephiroth was hard or extreme hard in KH(Kingdom Hearts) in the olympic games xP cuz of the small corners and his long ass sword
Much more so than in KH2 who was relatively easy, especially if you spam Trinity Limit/Berserk.

Riptor

Ran Out Of User Titles
Imagine, if you will. An awesome yet obscure fighting game made by Sega called Eternal Champions. The final boss, the Eternal Champion himself, has 5, count them 5 forms. You get a little bit of health back after each form, but if he beats you twice, game over.

Plus, in the Sega CD version, you have to fight a SECOND boss, called the Dark Champion. If you get beaten by either of these guys, no matter how many continues you have, you instantly get a game over.

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
This comment is kinda old, but meh...

I want to see a boss battle in a game where there are both win and lose scenarios, however if you didn't make some kind of progress during the battle (i.e: if you just stand there and let yourself get killed) then you still get a "Game Over".
There's one boss battle in Tales of Destiny that sorta works like that... You're supposed to lose during the first fight with Leon to continue the story, but if you DO manage to beat him you get an alternate ending of sorts and the credits roll.