• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Harlem Shake?

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Typical internet. When there is something funny for once, some popular geezers must become cool and edgy by disapproving of it.

Typical internet. When there is something funny for once, some popular geezers must become cool and edgy by disapproving of it.

The problem with these "funny trends" is that they get way out of hand. It's funny the first few days or so, sure. But it ends up being violently raped to death by bandwagoners and loses any and all redeeming qualities. Then said people go on to blow up another funny thing past its expiration date.

I hate when people resort to calling others "edgy" or "hipster" because they don't like something currently mainstream. If everyone's doing it it must be fucking flawless, right?

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I hate when people resort to calling others "edgy" or "hipster" because they don't like something currently mainstream. If everyone's doing it it must be fucking flawless, right?
Well the thing has only been going on for few weeks. Not even that long

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
The problem with these "funny trends" is that they get way out of hand.

But you never seem to be able to adequately define when something has gotten out of hand.
Most of the time it comes down to "I don't like it, therefore it's the most horrible thing ever!".

S

Sar

But you never seem to be able to adequately define when something has gotten out of hand.
Most of the time it comes down to "I don't like it, therefore it's the most horrible thing ever!".

I think this time it would be more "Gangnam Style all over again" than "most horrible thing ever!"
That -can- be the same thing to some people, but we will see how cancerous it will become.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I think this time it would be more "Gangnam Style all over again" than "most horrible thing ever!"
That -can- be the same thing to some people, but we will see how cancerous it will become.

"Gee this thing sure is popular, its like a destructful diesese that kills and causes severe pain to thousands of people"

I never understand the "cancerous" statement.

S

Sar

I never understand the "cancerous" statement.

It's usually amusing at first but then quickly turns idiotic and will probably end up being constantly be re-posted by the Brainless.
When you find it unbearably annoying and seen everywhere then it's at that stage.

Golden

God this shit god old before I first hit the play button. I don't think random things are funny solely because they are random.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
It's usually amusing at first but then quickly turns idiotic and will probably end up being constantly be re-posted by the Brainless.
When you find it unbearably annoying and seen everywhere then it's at that stage.

What if I think that complains about 'popular' stuff, including comments like "bawwww autism" and "bawwww cancer" are unbearably annoying and seen everywhere?

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
Dammit! I was about to start a thread on this on The Tube! Oh wellz...

I just found about it today. I love it. I gotta get my friends to do this. And the song as a ringtone for further annoyance.
IMO, it's like the free-style dance sensation for the ADD generation (only 30 seconds long)! It gives an excuse to move bombastically without being considered totally weird. The drawback, being that it's so short is that you gotta have your moves planned out.

The thing as we know it started out at the beginning of the month, but it seems to have hit critical mass on the internet like five days ago at least. 5 days ago, my campus did a video:

[video=youtube;F7D8BsXVWX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7D8BsXVWX8[/video]

No, the Jaguar is not me, it's the campus mascot. I had no clue on Harlem Shake until 5 days later... when a second version was made, today (I'll post it later. Stupid one-vid-per-post rule...)

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
Here's the second version, done today:
[video=youtube;HE5S2okFTJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE5S2okFTJE[/video]

Yes, it was more raucous. We had to re-do it because the first take ended up in a mosh pit.

I'm in the background. I was just getting my groove on but it ended too soon. Maybe I should've gotten on the scaffold...

Golden

I liked it at first, but after seeing about 10,000 of them in a five day span I got sick of it.
If it was unpopular, I'd be indifferent to it. But, because this shit is everywhere and now my school has to do one and GOD DAMN IT JUST DIE ALREADY!

Kashou

The Lone Wolf~
I like random stuff so this one isn't all that bad. Plus it leaves a lot of room for people to actually be creative about it :p
The gangnam style bullshit? Same crap every single fucking time. But with this you get something new n every video. Plus it's a short thing so you don't exactly waste too much time watching/making them.

I wouldn't say that each one is different solely for one reason, each one features at least one person humping either the air or someone else.

The only Shake I like is Milkshake. It's in better taste than this.

Fuck. I found where it came from. (NSFW)

And now I know why....

[yt]IGH2HEgWppc[/yt]

Lol'd

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I liked it at first, but after seeing about 10,000 of them in a five day span I got sick of it.
I never understood why people must watch videos they don't like. Hell, I haven't come across a Harlem in a few days. Or if I have, I've just left it alone. Why make a fuss about it? Nobody forces you to watch them from Youtube :s

PsychicOtter

Otter Missionary
I never understood why people must watch videos they don't like. Hell, I haven't come across a Harlem in a few days. Or if I have, I've just left it alone. Why make a fuss about it? Nobody forces you to watch them from Youtube :s
I never claimed otherwise...I watched a bunch on my own and eventually got tired of it.