• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Has anyone else seen Weathering with You?

Daphur

"Mickey, you're too late." - Aqua Kingdom Hearts 3
I'm curious to see who else has seen Weathering with You/Tenki no Ko. It was the first anime movie I saw in theaters that were not a Dragon ball movie lol. I thought it was very good and am curious to see what other people thought of it. If you haven't seen this I highly recommend it.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I actually got a chance to see it!
So, I got a chance to go to Tokyo while I was studying abroad. The movie takes place in Tokyo, and the movie did a really good job making me feel like I was back there again.

-And as an 'outsider', I feel that was very purposeful.

They spent the whole movie making you fall in love with the city.

It also felt like I was sitting in on a very Japanese conversation. There was a statement about how life is valued in that culture, and desires of the individual.

There was a lot about child labor laws, and children's rights. I thought that was very anti-anime too because usually, in other anime, children/teenagers seem to be able to go weeks without going to school having adventures n shit...?
This movie did NOT play that.

And then it was very anime in that we literally watch the main characters fall from heaven for about 5 minutes. If I dunno what anime is, it is that.
It was an experience~. A pleasant one. I feel like we need to have more cross cultural conversations like these. I was very glad to pay to see it if that means we can see more things like it.

Daphur

I actually got a chance to see it!
So, I got a chance to go to Tokyo while I was studying abroad. The movie takes place in Tokyo, and the movie did a really good job making me feel like I was back there again.

-And as an 'outsider', I feel that was very purposeful.

They spent the whole movie making you fall in love with the city.

It also felt like I was sitting in on a very Japanese conversation. There was a statement about how life is valued in that culture, and desires of the individual.

There was a lot about child labor laws, and children's rights. I thought that was very anti-anime too because usually, in other anime, children/teenagers seem to be able to go weeks without going to school having adventures n shit...?
This movie did NOT play that.

And then it was very anime in that we literally watch the main characters fall from heaven for about 5 minutes. If I dunno what anime is, it is that.
It was an experience~. A pleasant one. I feel like we need to have more cross cultural conversations like these. I was very glad to pay to see it if that means we can see more things like it.
I'm glad to see someone else who liked this movie. I totally agree about everything you said :3 also let's not forget that beautiful ost.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I'm glad to see someone else who liked this movie. I totally agree about everything you said :3 also let's not forget that beautiful ost.
I wasn't as impressed with the music actually. Sometimes it just came on at random times and, lol-
It might have made sense for the Japanese screenplay, but not so much for us. Especially that climatic gun scene.

The art was beautiful though~.

Daphur

I wasn't as impressed with the music actually. Sometimes it just came on at random times and, lol-
It might have made sense for the Japanese screenplay, but not so much for us. Especially that climatic gun scene.

The art was beautiful though~.
True, sometimes it did come out of random but it was good music. also the art was beautiful :3

ShadowCatzz

Thundering typhoons!
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope in the future if and when it gets released on blu-ray you are able to see it!
Yeah I hope so too, thank you! :D

Godbear999

I loved Weathering With You!! I actually like it more than Your Name, shh (although I think Your Name was a more solid story, I really enjoyed watching the characters interact and jive in a way they couldn't in Your Name)

The art and animation were gorgeous as always, and I LOVEEDDD the music this time around. Just incredible songs written specifically for the movie. RADWIMPS never disappoints!

The themes of the movie were very well done imo, and I just loved the little brother character-- he was so cute hahaha. A big recommend from me too!

Daphur

I loved Weathering With You!! I actually like it more than Your Name, shh (although I think Your Name was a more solid story, I really enjoyed watching the characters interact and jive in a way they couldn't in Your Name)

The art and animation were gorgeous as always, and I LOVEEDDD the music this time around. Just incredible songs written specifically for the movie. RADWIMPS never disappoints!

The themes of the movie were very well done imo, and I just loved the little brother character-- he was so cute hahaha. A big recommend from me too!
that's awesome! and ikr the art and animation were very gorgeous and the music was amazing!!! i tend to listen to the ost once a day on Spotify lol

Alopecoid

I really enjoyed it! Beautiful animation and soundtrack, cool story, interesting characters. I thought the ending could've been a bit better, but still, great movie.