• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site Has there been any progress on name changes at all?

Marveri

I asked about it at the beginning of this year (and last year... -_-) to see where we're at on finally getting this long-awaited feature to be put in, and so far it's always been "Soon™". I don't want to have any kind of demanding tone here at all, I'm just honestly wondering where we're at. 25%? 80%? 0%?

Some added transparency to the issue by the people who could work on it would be super helpful, and knowing EXACTLY where we're at would keep people from consistently asking the question. It's not a bad thing if it's not been worked on at all, and hearing that honest answer would honestly be better than something that just keeps people hanging. It just seems like this is a never ending awaited feature for a lot of people, so I'm pretty sure we'd all appreciate an answer.

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Huge changes in code were recently completed which are required for name changes to be able to be worked on. They are very much on our minds, but I don't have a % for you.

Toasty9399

Above Earth
Huge changes in code were recently completed which are required for name changes to be able to be worked on. They are very much on our minds, but I don't have a % for you.
I'm super glad to hear this. I've been debating myself awhile now between making a new account or waiting it out.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
Some added transparency to the issue by the people who could work on it would be super helpful, and knowing EXACTLY where we're at would keep people from consistently asking the question.
As Luffy stated, it's towards the top of our list.

Honest and long answer: FA's database was written in a very convoluted manner, and we've had to recode a majority of the database. The ability to rename accounts has been completed, and at this point the biggest hurdle is creating the script to automate the process, test it, verify. It's not something we can do by hand at this time as it would require a lot of work.

I have no ETA at the moment as to when this will be done, but we know it's at the very top of the list of features we want.