• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Haunted House Thread

Sai_Wolf

Go, go, go!

It's almost October and I'm already hearing adverts for tickets to The House of Shock. I love Haunted Houses, I just never seem to ever have the time or money to go when October rolls around.

I've been wanting for the longest time to go to The 13th Gate in Baton Rouge. It's finding friends to go with that's the problem. Do I need them? Probably not, but what's the fun in going to a Haunted House by yourself?

So, FAF, do any of you like going to these types of attractions?

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I wish there were really massive haunted houses where I lived, most were created by people in the neighborhood out of boredom. (which is still fine)

I am just too scared to go in sometimes >_>

Sai_Wolf

I wish there were really massive haunted houses where I lived, most were created by people in the neighborhood out of boredom. (which is still fine)

I am just too scared to go in sometimes >_>

That's the fun though! You go in to get scared!

I'm not satisfied unless my heart's racing and I'm given a few good scares.

T

Tycho

Problem with most of the haunted houses I've been dragged to (not many, mind) is that they're fucking lame because they're fucking afraid of having their asses sued because someone flipped their fucking shit and hurt someone else or themselves.

I'm not a huge fan of getting the crap scared out of me, anyway.

Sai_Wolf

Problem with most of the haunted houses I've been dragged to (not many, mind) is that they're fucking lame because they're fucking afraid of having their asses sued because someone flipped their fucking shit and hurt someone else or themselves.

I'm not a huge fan of getting the crap scared out of me, anyway.

What really drives me towards a haunted house is the amount of effort they put into it. The House of Shock, waaaay back when I was early teens, was absolutely gorgeous in detail. Everything from the Satanic Church to the vertigo inducing tunnel at the end. Now, it's okay at best.

The 13th gate looks absolutely massive, and the necropolis they set up this year seems just as vast. It's just this duality between intricacy and good acting that attracts me.

Piroshki

I hate the feeling of being scared or surprised, and as such I don't like haunted houses. :\
Don't like horror movies either, but that's just because it's really hard for me to get into movies that aren't funny.

Basically I don't like haunted houses because I can't react calmly to being scared. If someone does something to startle me, my first reaction is to start swingin'. Whether or not I actually hurt them is a different matter, but even something like... One of my friends pokes me in the abdomen unexpectedly, so I grab their hand and squeeze until they yell at me to stop.

Heh... I have kind of an amusing anecdote from the first time I went to my state fair's haunted house. I was pretty young, maybe something like 10 or 12, and it was really dark with the occasional flashing light so I couldn't really see anything. The house had people in costumes reaching out of the walls and occasionally the floor trying to grab people, and although I didn't get grabbed, one of the wall-guys managed to get my brother's shoulder. I bumped into his arm, and I thought the material on his sleeve felt like it was maybe my brother's jacket, so I thought I'd run into him, and, being in something of a hurry to get out of there, I started ramming my forehead (his arm was at the same height as my head) into the guy's arm, telling my brother to "move it," until the guy let go and retracted his arm back into the wall.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I'd love to be scared to death. so far i haven't really felt that but few times, and i want to be scared shitless more often.
Only some of my nightmares scare me so, but if i enjoy them, are they even nightmares anymore.

eversleep

Banned
Banned
Never been in a haunted house, none in the area. But in the town I used to live in, there was a haunted trail every year set up in the woods- like a haunted house but without the house. Only problem is I'm scared of everything. =\ My mom brought me to it when I was really little... I'm talking like 3 or 4, WAY too young to go to something like that, and I didn't really have a choice in the matter. I remember being chased by a guy with a chainsaw covered in blood... now I'm afraid of chainsaws. =(

But now that I'm older, I would like to go to a haunted house maybe. But the stories about the one from Six Flags back in the 80's kind of scares me a bit...