• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Have any of y'all ever considered doing a visual novel?

A

Amiir

I did, I'd love to make one in fact: I can draw so it'd be cool to make some dough out of it, the problem is that I can't write lol. Considered making a cooperative effort with some other bloke(s) maybe but ehhh I don't know, don't see it working

For those who don't know, a visual novel is kinda like a played comic, a tale with at least a bit of interactivity to it like one of those old choose-your-own-adventure books. Basically a pseudo-game with an emphasis on storytelling
There's plenty of that stuff on Steam but it's mostly weaboo shit and the few anthro VNs that are there... Well let's just say they ain't up my alley

So? Have any of y'all ever considered doing a visual novel?

xofrats

The cat said what?
I also want to make a visual novel. I even got an engine to make one in. But I can't write neither xD I'm thinking of making a simple dungeon crawler or maybe a horror story just to make something.

Nekomura

Blue Flame Bakeneko
I'd love to make a visual novel, and I bought some software for doing so. Only problem is, I'm too lazy. My art and writing aren't that great anyway.

A

Amiir

I'm surprised to see the answer to my question was ''yes''. If writing is the problem then collaborating with artists of the pen (or rather keyboard) is a likely solution. I should probably make a thread asking if there are writers even remotely interested in doing just that. We'll see

A

Amiir

Are you now? Very well, then you may want to give a look at this newer thread I made for a small bit of extra info

I'll make the other thread I mentioned in there sometime this week. Probably.

A

Amiir

Alright guys here's the thread I previously mentioned. Do give it a look if y'all are still up for this

Sogreth

Local Cuddle Bear and Wannabe Writer
I'm in the opposite boat as you all!

I love writing, but I can't draw to save my own life!

I actually just got Ren'Py the other day. Been playing around with that. It's taking me forever to actually learn to use it properly, but I'm learning pretty quick. Plus Google is a good friend.