• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Have you ever been mischievously kind to someone?

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
I love to spoil people whenever I can, which isn't very often lately since I've been strapped for cash and time... but I'd love to see more folks in the fandom being sneaky and sweet to one another! This could be with random fan art, gifts, showing up to art live streams with lots of new friends and having an online party... the possibilities are endless~
When I was on Furcadia, my friends pranked me by changing all their avatars to match mine exactly, and they surrounded my character in a circle XD it made me feel so loved!
Kind mischief is awesome! Do you have any stories to share of times you were a little gremlin of goodness?

Kinare

RAWR
Surprise art gifts, but only a couple of times. Some I drew, some I got from a site that has an online community currency they use and artists will often exchange for art. Nothing out of my real life pocket because money.

If I won the lottery I'd love to be one of those rich people who gives away a ton of money to people who are struggling. Not just perk up someone's day, but perk up their entire life. I've daydreamed about different things I could do. Alas, just dreams, because winning the lottery is extremely unlikely and even if I got my dream job I wouldn't be rich enough for some of the things I really want to do.

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
I've got birthday gifts in the form of art for people before and sometimes some surprise art :3
I also get commissions with friends who want those.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Chipping in to help buy randos art tablets.
Turns out they could already afford the tablet and just used the money I gave them to commission people for art instead...
Surprising people with gifts over games like League of Legends or (for my bby bro) Fortnite.
Sometimes drawing gift art for peeps.
Random Donations to random peeps.
Buying some randos DA subscriptions/points.
I don't expect anything back, and they were kids who know nothing about me, but it really made me go )8< when they did a 180 and started worshipping some random DA group and praising them like a god for hearing their prayer.
Buying games for peeps.
YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO PLAY IT BUT YOU NEVER DO, WHY WON'T SOMEONE JUST PLAY WITH ME!!!

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I don't really like bragging about the stuff I do for people, it makes me feel...odd. Generally speaking, if I know a friend wants a thing - I make sure they get the thing. If I can, that is. It makes me feel good to know those I care for aren't needing/wanting for anything. That said, I also don't keep online friends for long because they wind up getting dependent or manipulative due to that. As for strangers...I learned the hard way to not help strangers randomly. It doesn't feel as good, and often, they're lying about why they need help out of greed.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Oh, yeah! "Mischievously kind" is a great way to describe that. I love performing random acts of kindness, fun, and/or whimsy.

Certainly, I love taking people by surprise in a positive way with my fursuiting.

I enjoy giving gifts, compliments, and (in the case of waitstaff and baristas) generous tips, especially when it looks like someone's been having a rough time or has been unjustly overlooked.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
This could be with random fan art, gifts, showing up to art live streams with lots of new friends and having an online party... the possibilities are endless~
I once broke Community and Off-Topic on FAF for a couple of days because I made a quick edit of somebody's avatar being struck by A Broom and things just rapidly escalated from there.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
All the time.
I like giving out little freebies here and there, especially something functional and utilitarian.
If I visit and I notice your oven mitt is old and worn out, expect a new one next time I come by.

Stuff like that.

MrSpookyBoots

Disgusted...
As rotten as this sounds....

I've done it maybe only three times. I'm not the kind of person to be generous unless I feel that it's warranted, and if I have the means to do so. Such instances are rare.

Mike_Wolf

I do enjoy that alot. Sometimes I'll take someone out to lunch and ill get up late Into the meal and claim I'm going to the restroom but really I'm going to talk to the wait staff to pay the bill before its even brought to the table so they can't try to pay for the meal. Lol

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
I have gotten one with me and my honey for halloween, although it's still in progress and should be finished tomorrow. (Tomorrow for me at least.)
And a friend did draw my my current avatar awhile ago when forums were still dead, although I did pay him since he wanted mcdonalds but had no money so I gave him some.

Then again, I don't think someone whose fursona is known as "Greed" is exactly as generous, doesn't mean I don't want to be, but haven't exactly had people I felt a strong connection with to do that, y'know?

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
Usually limited to kids (kids mostly want to be kind and usually very forthright) and close friends I consider family.

Just nothing with police sirens. Especially right now.

Rakiya

I don't really like bragging about the stuff I do for people, it makes me feel...odd. Generally speaking, if I know a friend wants a thing - I make sure they get the thing. If I can, that is. It makes me feel good to know those I care for aren't needing/wanting for anything. That said, I also don't keep online friends for long because they wind up getting dependent or manipulative due to that. As for strangers...I learned the hard way to not help strangers randomly. It doesn't feel as good, and often, they're lying about why they need help out of greed.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

I've been on the receiving end of an act of 'mischievous kindness'
And while this might seem ungrateful and rude...
I actually didn't like the gift art at all, as it depicted lewd acts involving my character, coupled with kinks I'm not very fond of.
The intent was good, but the act itself felt more offensive.

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
Sometimes I just give random ranks to some people in hypixel.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Couldn't have put it better myself.

I've been on the receiving end of an act of 'mischievous kindness'
And while this might seem ungrateful and rude...
I actually didn't like the gift art at all, as it depicted lewd acts involving my character, coupled with kinks I'm not very fond of.
The intent was good, but the act itself felt more offensive.

And this is why people with half a brain don't provide "forced" gift art to strangers. Friends, maybe, when you knw them and their limits well enough and want to surprise them but...not strangers. For strangers, instead paying for it and giving the artist the pointer to contact the person offering a free piece is just all around better since you know that, A) the artist is paid either way and will likely contact the person B) the person will be happy with whatever they happen to get. If the artist doesn't contact the person within a week, you can get your money back and try with someone else. It's tedious sure, but hey, no one said kindness was easy.

reptile logic

An imposter among aliens.
I have friends, a couple, that have a hard time accepting help. Some time ago, downturns in construction left them unable to pay all of their bills. Winter was setting in and they were heating with broken pallets, in the fireplace. I'd put in a lot of hours, the last fire season, and had some funds to spare. Knowing they would be gone for two days, I arranged for delivery of 200 gallons (~758 liters) of fuel oil, primed the furnace pump, and set the thermostat to a nice, cozy temperature. I knew where they hid the house key. I never told them about it. They never asked.

Low on the mischievous scale, perhaps. Felt good in any case.

D

Deleted member 111470

No, I haven't. I'm not the type of person who likes to give a lot. That's because I don't have enough.

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
I'm pranking my partner for Christmas by giving him one of those fake gift boxes (he's afraid of spiders, so it says it's a spider terrarium)
So far, I'm giving him a new shirt, some beard oil, and a bartending book. I may also write him a sonnet or something... not sure if I'm being romantic enough!

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
I go by "A gift unexpected is a gift most appreciated".

Lets look at it this way: For Christmas people pretty much expect gifts, and at times know what they will get.

But give one at random? You can easily make someone's day or week with a simple gift, especially one that's unexpected.

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
I go by "A gift unexpected is a gift most appreciated".

Lets look at it this way: For Christmas people pretty much expect gifts, and at times know what they will get.

But give one at random? You can easily make someone's day or week with a simple gift, especially one that's unexpected.
Oh FUCK! YES!!!

Sometimes I give someone a small or shitty gift for a holiday or their birthday and surprise them a week later with their actual gift... it started as an accident, but now it's become a regular thing for me

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
Oh FUCK! YES!!!

Sometimes I give someone a small or shitty gift for a holiday or their birthday and surprise them a week later with their actual gift... it started as an accident, but now it's become a regular thing for me
Indeed. Some things are better left to the gods of Randomness.

Besides. Surprises are best to be actual surprises, no?

Mike_Wolf

Oh FUCK! YES!!!

Haha. Iv done that more than once. I'll order something for someone and it won't show up until after their birthday or something so ill give them some crappy, random gift thats kinda like ......thanks, I guess and then three days later the actual gift shows up and im like oh yeah I forgot to give this to you. Lol

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
I love to spoil people whenever I can, which isn't very often lately since I've been strapped for cash and time... but I'd love to see more folks in the fandom being sneaky and sweet to one another! This could be with random fan art, gifts, showing up to art live streams with lots of new friends and having an online party... the possibilities are endless~
When I was on Furcadia, my friends pranked me by changing all their avatars to match mine exactly, and they surrounded my character in a circle XD it made me feel so loved!
Kind mischief is awesome! Do you have any stories to share of times you were a little gremlin of goodness?

This reminds me of my neighbor telling me about a story about one of his kids playing a mischievous nice prank on another sibling....

The one sibling got a brand new car, and every day they would put about 5 bucks worth of fuel in it after he came home (so it wasn't obvious)...

All he could do was rant and rave on how good his new cars gas mileage was...lol

I don’t think they ever even told him:D