• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Have you ever done something weird, related to animals ?

Arnak

Off the bench
Im super flexible so I can contort in ways men shouldn't

A.random.foxxo

cat wolf
I awoo'd at the moon

Ringo the Wolf

A lone wolf.
I want to be an animal. On two legs.
(i've already said that lol...)

Last edited:

Arnak

Off the bench
Oh and I often howl at full moons. The neighbors are t pleased about it though

Keita Lemur

A lot funnier than I look
I've lived with skunks for half my life? Normal to me but have surely been accused of being weird :p The other lemurs just don't get it :D

Leadhoof

Niche Internet Microcelebrity
Banned
I expected this thread to go in a completely different direction...

Anyway, I've tried a variety of bird foods just for the hell of it. The dried fruits in my cockatiel's seeds aren't too bad.

Keita Lemur

A lot funnier than I look
Before I knew about pet food nutrition and stuff I got my ferrets these yogurt treats that were like chocolate chips. All they were were candy and I ended up eating most of them cause all that sugar wouldn't be good for my guys. No regrets on that one XD

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
At the zoo I had a black and white ruffed lemur sitting on my lap.
When I yawned he put his whole nose into my mouth...

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
At the zoo I had a black and white ruffed lemur sitting on my lap.
When I yawned he put his whole nose into my mouth...
How do you get to cuddle lemurs?

Liberonscien

I managed a horse farm for a few years. They bred show horses, all using artificial insemination. The semen straws arrived by FedEx in these big, futuristic looking capsules. One time the Fed Ex guy asked me what we kept getting and I told him "semen."

I think it is amazing what they can do, though - they would flush an embryo from a mare and implant it in a surrogate mare, so that the original mare could keep showing while another mare carried and raised her foal.

I went to a lecture by a guy at Ohio State University's vet school who did work with endangered species - they were using giraffe's to surrogate Okapi in order to try to repopulate the species. They do some really cool stuff, I am totally on board with reproductive manipulation to help endangered species.

Just not to make more genetic disaster-breeds.
That stuff is fascinating. I am personally looking forward to humanity bringing back old species that way.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
How do you get to cuddle lemurs?
I volunteer at a zoo with a free ranging enclosure for ring-tailed lemurs, black lemurs and black and white ruffed lemurs.
You are obviously not allowed to just grab or pet them but they are very friendly and curious so when you sit down chances are one of them is gonna come to you. In that case petting them a little is ok.

Their two ruffed lemurs know me for about 6 years now. They come out to greet me and they generally seem to enjoy hanging out with me. Which is nice because usually no one else does :')