• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Have you ever eaten the same species as your sona?

Wydness

Might be kind of an odd question, but hey, maybe this can turn into a weird recommendation thread. Have you ever eaten the same species as your sona? I tried alligator at a restaurant tonight, and... realized I was doing exactly that.

Tallow_Phoenix

Totally not a vampire
That must've been an odd existential moment.

I don't think any restaurants serve ferret.

TheVoidKitsune

Bringer of Cute, Destroyer of Worlds
I've never eaten a fox and quite honestly I would probably be way too bothered by it to try. I realize that meat is meat and unless it's endangered it kinda doesn't matter but... I just can't do it haha.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Ummmm... eaten a Smilodon Populator? Hardly... even if they weren't extinct.

Mayflower

Chocolate horse delicacy
I've heard that horse meat is supposed to have a sweet taste. I haven't tried it, though, and it's not exactly something I'm looking to try anytime. Not so much because of it being horse meat, but more because I don't like the thought of sweet meat.

Whimsycal

The whimsical clown
If you want to believe the joke that chinese restaurants sell dog meat. Then yes. But honestly xD I dont believe I have

Borophagus Metropolis

The last prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
I am half extinct and half nonsensical fantasy. I can only half imagine how either half would taste, and I have less than half an inclination to find out what either half tastes like.

MetroFox2

Resident Stone Age Fox
I am half extinct and half nonsensical fantasy. I can only half imagine how either half would taste, and I have less than half an inclination to find out what either half tastes like.

Extinct? Maybe you tasted so good we cave foxxos hunted you all.

Liseran Thistle

They/Them
Well...I have never eaten a deer before, But I did have rabbit once.

dcd69rt-bb1898c2-11c1-4f19-9bca-a50eceb61652.jpg

Woops...sorry harriet.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Foxyfluffs are for taking cute photos of or occasionally cuddling, not eating.

Nonexistent birbs with basal traits (teeth and wing claws) can't be eaten.

zidders

I've never tried kangaroo (my main oc's) or pony (my MLP:FIM oc) but as long as it was ethically hunted/killed I'd try it. By best friend who's also a roo has told me roo is pretty good as long as it's cooked right. It's also very lean and a lot healthier than beef due to roos digestive systems being a lot more efficient than a bovine's. They're pretty similar to rabbits digestion-wise. I've never really thought equines were the best choice for eating though as it would seem to me they're better used for transportation and as work animals. Roos I can kind of see as food given they're one of the biggest mammal's in Australia. I just wish hunting them was done a lot more ethically most the time.

Leadhoof

Geneva what? I thought conventions were canceled.
Haven't for either of them. I've never intentionally eaten a horse, and pegasus meat's too hard to find.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Nope, and can't say I have any plans to!

D

Deleted member 111470

My fursona is a 666 year old demi-god wolf dragon fox cyberdemon hybrid and will eradicate anyone who tries to eat him.

Niru the Husky

Can easily be persuaded with bacon...
No thanks, I would never eat a dog

Tracks98

Dragon of the Sands
Dragons sadly (fortunately in this case?) don't exist so it's kind of impossible for me to have ever eaten one.

Though I can say that I've eaten some of the other animals mentioned in this thread, so maybe I do fit into some of the dragon stereotypes.