• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Have you ever had someone betray you?

Poots The Fox

Look at the happy fox!
And here we go,

A friend of mine tried to blame something that he did on me and another friend even though it was his fault. I just want to know if someone has ever had issues relating to betrayal.

MsRavage

peek-a-boo!!! I see you!
so back in highschool i dated some jerk...he broke up with me and then 3 days later was dating his neighbor. I heard form sources he was seeing her while we were dating. You know...i didn't feel sad after that tho...it empowered me. I thought im way better now that this sad excuse for a human being is out of my life. He was ostracized from school, and had to get his testicles amputated for some growth. I sat in the back of the classroom laughing my ass off. (im secretly evil)

S

Shortcakes

I have, yes, though I honestly should have expected it. I was dating someone online on a chat app that.. wasnt the best.
I eventually saw that they were following/friends with a bunch of nudie people and dropped the quite unquote relationship from there. Granted I was like 14, but I still felt all hurt. Im not too messed up about it though, as I have someone waaaay better and IRL lmao

Lesson learned: Dont date on an irreputable chatroom app when youre young. Its just a dumb choice tbh :rolleyes:

ResolutionBlaze

Angry Local
Banned
No. But I've betrayed people.

If you wanna feel like a piece of shit who doesn't deserve to exist, do what I did.

I never had friends really to betray me. I've had exs though.

Cawdabra

so back in highschool i dated some jerk...he broke up with me and then 3 days later was dating his neighbor. I heard form sources he was seeing her while we were dating. You know...i didn't feel sad after that tho...it empowered me. I thought im way better now that this sad excuse for a human being is out of my life. He was ostracized from school, and had to get his testicles amputated for some growth. I sat in the back of the classroom laughing my ass off. (im secretly evil)
Wow that's uh... harsh.

Pompadork

Leche
Used to be apart of a big cosplay community and was really good friends with one of the admins. We were all around 12-16 so we all trusted him kind of like a cool cosplay uncle we saw once a month. What started out as him making lighthearted innapropriate jokes and acting all high and mighty over "bullies" and "troublemakers" turned into him grooming a then 13 year old girl and finding out he ran a group specific secrets blog where people would send really shitty nasty "confessions" about people in the group. It was totally heartbreaking to find out the dude we all loved and trusted was a pedophile and was starting online drama between us for shits and giggles. It took a while before a handful of other people were finally brave enough to come out and talk about lots of other skeevey stuff he had done. We were all just way too scared to talk about it because we were all so young.

L

lupi900

Gave up hanging up with a guy i knew in college. When he got super hostile over my music likes & the fact he kept hanging out with just as worthless trash.

CindyPig

Sow of Substance
Betrayal is an adolescent right of passage no matter what clique you belong to . Everybody gets screwed over by somebody.

Akinyi

Lost in the abyss
I have too many stories to count. The most recent, serious one was a friend of mine of six years. He told my boyfriend of five years that I was abusing him and emotionally manipulating him, claimed I was the cause for his anxiety and depression (which he already had years before I met him). I'm chronically disabled and my boyfriend has to work full time while caring for me so there's a lot of stress on us. He knew this. I think he knew what he was saying was untrue but I had other hints that he was jealous and wanted us to break up. He was so kind to me in the past I was shocked that when I fell ill he responded by trying to ruin my relationship, it pushed me to the brink but we were smart and ended up blocking him and any mutual friends on all platforms.
It sounds drastic but he'd spread these rumours about me to all our other friends too, even pretended I'd bullied him when we literally hadn't spoken directly... at least we're free of it now.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Don't EVEN get me started.
i can't even talk about this sort of topic without turning into a blubbering goddam mess.

So yeah. Been there; still getting over it.

charlesgray

Yeah multiple times one of the lighter examples was on my last day of a job that I hated before I headed of to college a relatively new guy who was pretty sketchy my manager heard so pretty bad things about him being in jail for being a pedo or something not sure how true that was, but on the last job before heading back to our main building, that was a landscaping job, we were getting all the machinery packed up in the trailer and I just finished securing all the lawnmowers and he decided I was doing it wrong and flipped all the latches the wrong way and I told him he was wrong and don’t blame me if you get yelled at and when we get back and the owner sees it he’s pretty pissed and shouts for who did this and the guy stares me right in the eye and said that I did it. I look over to the team leader who overheard my conversation with the guy earlier and just laughed and told me leave it you’re done today anyways. Learned that guy got fired a week later for doing some illegal stuff but I didn’t care I was never working there again. So that is my lighter betrayal story.

Razorscab

Still sad about MCR
I have an ex from a long distance relationship who turned out to be a compulsive liar. I don't even consider it being a relationship because she admitted that she gave me a fake name, lied about her age and was seeing 3 other guys in the year that we were "together." Did that stop me from believing her when she told me something? No. I was 16 and stupid. She would tell me that she messaged my friends and asked how they thought about me and told me that they said they didn't even like me and I was annoying. She told me she messaged the guy I had a crush on and told me that he was constantly messaging her back because he wanted her. I finally caught her in a lie when she said my best friend sent her nudes and when I asked him about it, he was shocked and disgusted (he's gay). I stopped talking to her cold turkey after that.

We haven't talked in 8 years or so. She tried to send me a friend request on FB about a month ago and I ignored it.

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
I can't remember any instances in particular but I do know that ever since sixth grade, I've been extremely mistrusting of other people. So I don't really get betrayed because I only befriend those who I am certain I can trust.

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ
Ex cheated on a guy five times in a single night told me to my face it was my fault then accused me of rape trying to drag my name through the mud and turn my friends against me...,

Does that count?

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Eh, too many times to count. I'm kinda broken in that regard.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Yeah, several times. I tend to be a very open person, emotionally, and so, when betrayed, it has a certain additional sting. But I've not let it make me become bitter; sad, for a time, yes, but I've seen so many miserable, calloused angry people as of late, that, even betrayal is not going to drive me down those paths. Nor will I betray my ideal of trying, in some way, to see what might bring them at least a bit of happiness.

W

WolfyAmbassador

Yeah, it's a very shitty feeling and makes me lose hope for future friend/relationships with people.

DoeDog

Yes, I've been betrayed before but if you learn nothing from that experience then it's on you. My only recommendation the one that worked for me because it was pretty serious, cut all ties to that person, you don't need shitty people in your life. Life is pretty hard as it is without someone dragging you down. I am a firm believer that before you believe you are depressed make sure you are not surrounded by human garbage, the moment you break free your life changes drastically for the best.

Good luck friend.

B

backpawscratcher

My ex, who stalked me for nearly two years after I walked away from what had become a pretty destructive relationship. Once the penny finally dropped I wasn’t returning he tried to ruin my business by calling my suppliers he knew about and spreading lies about me. Nice touch.