• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Have you ever noticed...

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
I'm getting tired of hearing this bullshit rationalization. So, just for the sake of argument, if a person could change their facial features, skin color and hair texture without taking some pretty drastic measures, would they be expected to? Is there something wrong with liking the way you look when it happens to not be like how the majority looks? Do you not think it's just a little fucked up that there in fact are black people who straighten their hair and bleach their skin, as well as Asians who have surgery to make their eyes rounder just because they feel like they have to to be accepted?
If they're insecure enough to go through with all of that, it's their own decision.

It doesn't make it "wrong" for them to like what they like, but if trying to "fit in" and be accepted is more important to their emotional well being that accepting and supporting who they are, on their own,
then so be it.

Timitei

Grrrrrawr. I hate it! That is probably the ONLY reason I haven't told anyone IRL that I'm a furry.. 'cuz they don't know what furries ARE, and if they research it they'll get all this "furries are freaks and should burn in hell!" kind of crap. D:

Grrrrrawr. I hate it! That is probably the ONLY reason I haven't told anyone IRL that I'm a furry.. 'cuz they don't know what furries ARE, and if they research it they'll get all this "furries are freaks and should burn in hell!" kind of crap. D:

It does not have to be that way

don't tell them your a furry (its a stupid generalization anyway to tell someone about yourself), tell them what your into and what you like, anthro art, anthro stuff etc. They will probably think the stuff you like is kinda strange but at that point you can be open and eventually you get them to accept you much easier because you layed out exactly who you are instead of a vague label.

Mojotaian

is not impressed...
If I'm to burn in hell for this? Fine... Doesn't say much about god anyway...

And good way to put it RacoonRob

snowleplover15

A fluffy tailed Leopard
THey are jerks plain and simple they do not like us for some odd reasons all they do is look up the bad things on us

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
THey are jerks plain and simple they do not like us for some odd reasons all they do is look up the bad things on us
It's the news. Hell, take a look right here.

And really, they're jerks for making fun of the Furry Fandom, but blame the Virginia Tech shooting on Videogames before even looking into the shooter, or have "experts" in their field claim D&D is one of the leading causes of suicides and mental illness', and people look the other way?