• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Have you ever stopped considering yourself as a furry?

Yakamaru

Not enough fucking minerals!

Yakamaru

Yakamaru

Nexus Cabler

Lord of typos
Nah, I've got a lot of good friends in the fandom, and many good memories. The fandom is a part of my identity, in the sense that I have a sense of belonging. It's not something I base my existence around, but it's helped me connect with people.

DieselPowered

Furriness is a sexually transmitted disease, mostly spread by foxes, that's impossible to get rid of once you've contracted it.
It's why people used to compare the furry fandom to AIDS.

Have i ever taken breaks from the fandom? Yes. Mostly because of the wonderful people i've had to put up with within it, but i'll always appreciate the artwork.

Yakamaru

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
It's a right of passage as a furry to make at least one FA journal or Twitter post about you're leaving the fandom forever, only to come back 3 days later like nothing happened.
Is this is why i havent gotten my furry licence yet? :T

Regret

Reformed Cynic
Occasionally, generally after I see or hear of something reprehensible that makes me reconsider associating with the fandom at large.

The longest I left was for a few years but once again here I am.

Yakamaru

Well...we can discuss some ideas heh.
Feel free. I'm going to be sitting in the corner observing your attempts being amused by them. :>

TheCynicalViet

I'm already pretty detached from the furry fandom to begin with but some things really do make me come close to just excommunicating myself.

I don't really have any friends in this fandom, or any fandom really, but you shouldn't have internet friends to begin with. I don't know.