• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Have you seen the ocean?

Have you seen the ocean?

• Yes

Votes: 91 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • I'm a fish, and I haven't even seen land!

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
It's just recently come to my attention that some people I know (nobody here) haven't seen the ocean before in their whole life.
Which for someone living on the coast is a pretty scary thought I mean. I am terrified. I am calling the police.

But really I think most of you would have, but y'know maybe not?
And no no no I don't mean pictures and TV. Like actually seen THE REAL LIVE SEA in front of you.

Monster.

The future Mrs. Schmuck
I know a few people who've never seen the ocean and palm trees. It's kind of weird trying to "explain" it to them.

But yeah, I love the ocean. I love going to the beach and going on cruises. When I'm in the Monterey area, I rarely stay away from the beaches for very long.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Spatel

Yes, a lot. It's about a 3 hour drive from where I live.

Now I kinda want to go to the beach...

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
Technically yes--we lived near the ocean, right on the beach sometimes, at various points of my childhood. I was very young though, and the last time I saw the ocean was over a decade ago; I barely remember it. I don't really know if that counts.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Seen it? I've lived on 3 different ones. The Pacific is my least favorite.

L

LizardKing

Seen a few, swam in a few.

Also swam suddenly sounds like a really weird word.

Bliss

Well, of course I've seen the Baltic Sea. If I've been in southern Portugal have I seen the Atlantic or the Mediterranean or both? :confused:

The Strait of Gibraltar is quite close.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
A life without seeing the ocean would be a terrible one at best.

That's all I have to say.
(lol Kansas)

Ekho

:/
I live about an hour and a half away from LBI, so yes I have. My aunt had a house around there that I used to go to for a few days every summer.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
That thing OP is talking about is that big lake thing only salty, yes?

Seen a few, swam in a few.

Also swam suddenly sounds like a really weird word.

Goddamit, this made me think of other words, and now I have bad mental images when saying "I shut the door".

Riavis

Lived a few minutes away from the Gulf of Mexico most of my life. Went fishing near the closer oil rigs once and fell asleep, woke up and the shore line was a tiny 3 inches long waaay on the horizon. I was on a dinky aluminum boat woken up by a 20ft wave, one of the scariest moments in my entire life :p

Open ocean is a very humbling experience.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
I grew up in PA, so it wasn't a regular thing. Went on vacation to Cape Cod and North Carolina a few times. Also saw the ocean whenever I flew into NYC or Boston.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Ocean is beautiful!

M. LeRenard

Is not French
First time I saw the ocean was when I was in Casablanca, a couple of years ago. Seen it a couple of times since (in Essaouira, then again in Portugal, and one more time in Wales), but that's about it. I've lived in the middle of the US almost my entire life, so the ocean is a very long journey for me.

I live about a 10 minute bike-ride from the ocean. I see it all the time 83

Fuck yeah, California.

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
Never have :c

you and your post are reminding me of this quote

"Can you imagine what it would feel like to become aware of an omnipresent ocean of wild divine love that has always been a secret to you in the same way that the sea is invisible to a fish?"

Because lol fish have never seen the ocean in a way kind of?
And you're like a fancy shark or something so

Recel

Mamma Yeena
I live in middle eourope and I dont get to travel much, so no, I never seen the ocean myself.