• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Having trouble with drawing hands, any tips?

Dearg

The often grumpy but friendly fox
I'm having a mental block at the moment, I can draw somewhat decently but, when it comes to hands I can't seem to grasp it very well.

Here is what I'm trying to do.

Mice Fursona.jpeg

Katriel

I'm not great at hands either but working on it. x) Like the rest of your drawing, break it down into shapes. Humanoid finger proportions are about in half on the finger, then the remaining half is divided in two; 2/3rds down for most of my fingers but 1/2 down again looks normal as well (my boyfriend insists I have strangely proportioned hands). Lower half of the thumb is attached to the hand. If you want to mix in mouse proportions and little claws, get a more detailed / specific reference of the feet :)

For training hands in general artists.pixelovely.com: Hands & Feet Practice - Figure & Gesture Drawing is a nice tool. Especially if, like me, your hands are apparently strange... x)

A broad collection of resources is gathered here: How to Draw Hands: 35 Tutorials, How-To’s, Step-by-Steps, Videos, Studies, Poses and Photo References | Drawn in Black Even skimming them should help with an idea of what shapes to put into your hands.