• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heat wave

Kyash-tyur

A record-breaking 98 degrees today in central Jersey!! Highs in the upper 90s the next few days...ugh (and don't get me started on the humidity) Having grown up in warm and dry SoCal has meant a lot of discomfort in old muggy AC-less East Coast dorms during the summer months, and this week's heat wave is really going to be something..:-| (Really considering just bumming out in lab all night.)

How're you all holding up??

Kryn

Flyin' Sooo High
I work in an non air conditioned paper factory. And I don't know if you've ever stood next to a stack of corrugated paper but it just radiates even more heat. It easily reaches 110+ inside that place during the peak of summer.

Drink lots of water and I'll survive.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
I think the Heat will win tomorrow and people will stop talking about LeBron not being good. But those in Cleveland will not be happy about it.

Kangamutt

Closing in on the 90's range here. The locally known "June Gloom" marine layer seems to be less persistent this year, so it's been lovely. B3

Bark

I spent a total of maybe 10-15 minutes outside while walking to the bank today and was pretty sure I was dying. Humid heat is absolutely wretched.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
90 degrees?

All of you are so adorable.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
Really, really hot over here in PA. Just when I take up geocaching, too.

90 degrees?
All of you are so adorable.

Oh, laa-de-daa, Mr. Look at me over here in hot-as-nuts LA.

You'd be
grabbing a coat while I'm still wearing shorts. You wouldn't last a day in a real winter.

Last edited:

Dreaming

Dammit, send some of that weather here.

All we're getting here is rain and wind, a few days of sunny warm weather, and then wind and rain again. I swear this weather can't make up its mind.

I still want to move out to AZ, deathly dry heat is my kind of weather.

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
@daryl: LeBron will always be terrible because he's a selfish attention whore who gives up on his teams more often then he steps up. This run is nothing short of a fluke and you still can't count out the Thunder.

Anyway yeah, the central Jersey heat is absolutely terrible and it follows me all the way up to NYC everyday. This is terrible, especially walking around in business clothes.

Ibuuyk

Icon made by Littlerock!
We break all-time records every year now, thanks to fucking global warming. I mean holy shit, we have Mexico-level heat in some parts of the country, and we're the land of snow and ice.

We haven't had a proper winter in almost five years, I blame Americans.

BouncyOtter

Really, really hot over here in PA. Just when I take up geocaching, too.

Hopefully the heat will die down just a bit. I plan on driving to Philly with a friend on Sunday to geocache.

Since I've been in Baltimore for almost 6 years now, people have nearly convinced me how terrible the humidity is here. Then I go home to Houston for a bit and nearly drown while walking outside. I am not looking to moving back to Texas.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
The heat's leaking down south. There are supposed to be thunderstorms tomorrow so maybe it will cool down a bit.

Stupid Yankees! Keep yer heat in yer own yankee states! >:V

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
The heat's leaking down south. There are supposed to be thunderstorms tomorrow so maybe it will cool down a bit.

Stupid Yankees! Keep yer heat in yer own yankee states! >:V

Be happy the heat's the only thing were giving you.

Jersey also gets a plague of New Yorkers this time of year. :V

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
Last week was in the 90s, this week our projected highs are in the lower 80's. So that's nice.

I wish it would rain. We've had a few drizzles but nothing substantial for weeks. The pasture's dead; I've already had to break out the hay for my sheep. Supposedly we'll get something this weekend . . .

Judge Spear

I'm feeling it here too where I live. Supposed to get hotter. The life guard at our pool and maintenance men have it ROUGH.

KigRatel

Colaholic
I can't stand the heat, but thankfully we don't get much of it around here. Most people I know say we had our summer in the spring and now it's practically autumn.

Anubite

That White Guy
I dread taking showers in this heat, my shower is all the way upstairs and im not looking forward to going up there and sweating my face off, my bathroom is always incredibly hot.