• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heath Ledger Dead

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/ap_en_mo/obit_ledger

He's in as the Joker for the Dark Knight.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
damn, i just heard about it. I'm so sad that Hollywood is going down

Dark Chaos

That is really, really, weird and sad.
He was about to become a huge star, and then...this. Maybe it was a health problem or something?

RIP.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Looks like a drug overdose. Call be morbid but I don't give a shit about Hollywood celebs dropping like flies because of their retarded asses using money on drugs that end up killing them. More O2 for non-druggies.

Paxyn

mrchris said:
Looks like a drug overdose. Call be morbid but I don't give a shit about Hollywood celebs dropping like flies because of their retarded asses using money on drugs that end up killing them. More O2 for non-druggies.

FUCKING YES. Exactly.

He was handsome, rich, and probably banging that bitch Mary-Kate. What the fuck did he have to complain about?
OH HE WAS SO BRAVE FOR PLAYING GAY ROLES
Ever notice how they're all congratulated for the "hard" business of playing a gay role, and hardly anyone who plays a gay or transgendered person is really gay or transgendered themselves?

But seriously. I feel no pity for Hollywood celebrities. He was found dead by his fucking masseuse. HE HAS A MASSEUSE.
I rest my case.

Esplender

I'm sure he had his reasons for overdosing. You don't get high off sleeping pills.

DRUGZ 4 LYF

Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_Ledger#Death

Stupid-asses making presumptions that he uses recreational drugs for the sake of it.

capthavoc123

Master of Disaster
If he did drugs, fuck him.

If not, fuck him anyway. The only good thing he ever did was A Knight's Tale.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
I just found out about this. So very sad. :( I just find it hard to believe that it just happened today.

I'm pretty sad about this. He was a good actor.

It irks me that people will say "fuck 'em" just because he's a celebrity. Does that make him any less of a person? Does that negate the fact that he has a two year old daughter who now has lost her father? It's a human life that was lost, and to what appears NOT to be suicide, how is that not tragic?

kitetsu

pissy esoteric
capthavoc123 said:
westiebetch said:
how is that not tragic?

...Because that's life?

People forgetting about him in less than 10 years is more tragic than BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWing at apathetic folk on the account that he died because of pills, like all the other celebs. Welcome to the real world.

Anyway, he had such a pretty face. Him dying on the world this early surprised me.

kitetsu

pissy esoteric
westiebetch said:
Well shoooooooot, excuse me for being a sympathetic human being.

There's nothing really wrong with being sympathetic to people, even if it's the worst kind of scum you'll meet in person. But you really have to realize that there always will be one or more people who wouldn't give a rat's ass about it, and going all "omg you're a heartless dick, think about the family" won't help one bit. It's best to just not even sneeze at those folk and concentrate on the people grieving for once.

DoggyStyle

I don't know this guy?
Daily die so many people in africa, it's more important to talk about this B-Prominent-Nobody...., that's the right start! (Ironic)

WolfoxOkamichan

Luffs Buff Wuffs
About that - it's also been asked in GameFAQs. "How come we are talking about some guy's death? There are many people dying in Africa as well."

The point is that he played Joker to a movie that was about to come. He tried to be the character so much that he stayed alone in a hotel for a month. It's funny because it seemed the Joker killed him.

Paxyn

westiebetch said:
I'm pretty sad about this. He was a good actor.

It irks me that people will say "fuck 'em" just because he's a celebrity. Does that make him any less of a person? Does that negate the fact that he has a two year old daughter who now has lost her father? It's a human life that was lost, and to what appears NOT to be suicide, how is that not tragic?

Oh believe me, I feel sympathy for the child - But that doesn't translate into my feeling sympathy for him. HE took his life, HE left HIS child behind, at the age of two. What a fucking asshole. He left his two year old child without a father. What a selfish prick. He left her, and probably for what amounts to nothing more than some emo-celebrity-bullshit.
That is why I say 'fuck 'em.'

mrchris said:

Um...he didn't do it on purpose and he wasn't addicted to drugs y'know...it was an accident....
He was having trouble sleeping while filming his next movie, so his doctor prescribed him sleeping pills. They didn't work, so he had some over-the-counter sleep aids. The mix killed him.

The authorities who investigated it said that there was no suspicion of foul play or suicide...and the autopsy was inconclusive. If it was a major drug od, there would have been a buttload of chemicals in his system, there was hardly any, meaning the amount of drugs was not powerful enough to indicate suicide, but it was strong enough to lower his heart rate to kill him.

Jeeze..almost everyone I've talked to about this thinks he was some kind of druggy...does anyone pay attention to the news?

Raul

MSPicasso Maestro
No. Because they have all already formed an opinion, even when presented with the truth and the facts, they will stick to it. This is possibly a form of mental retardation. Experts are still looking into this.

Also, The Dark Knight is post production. Meaning he died after it had finished filming. Expect to see some kind of memorial thing in the opening or the end credits.

Y'know, I think that's pretty disrespectful. I didn't know him in person, of course I didn't, but I will defend him from people who are talking garbage and saying un-true things about him when they haven't even listened to what the investigators have said over and over and over again. His family must be in a lot of pain, and people here are talking about him like he was less than human. So he was rich, who cares! That's not a reason to assume that he was some kind of drugged-out bum, and it's no reason to hate him either. Seriously, listen to the whole story.

I heard more on the story today, turns out he died sometime in his sleep. There were no illegal drugs in his apartment, and there is no evidence of criminal activity. Forensics are baffled because there is no evidence of suicide in his system either. His death really was a complete, untimley, totall accident.

I knew Dark Knight was finished before he died, at least he was able to do that.