• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heavy metal (or no metal at all) The Brutal thread

MichaelFoster

Occasionally enjoys bass >3>
nordic? sludgy drone? it's funeral doom, man.
How would you define funeral doom? The guitars are really sludgy at first (and through most of the song) and it does have that black metal style.
Its cool that its kinda hard to describe though. :)
Btw, Im recording today. Want me to email the ep to you when the dude gets it all together? Im trying to make the bass sound like something from Oblivionized or Kvelertak.

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
funeral doom is generally slower than doom, but also incorporates death metal influences. they also say it incorporates dirge influences but eh. generally in my book if the doom is slow, dirge-like and perhaps ethereal sounding it qualifies as funeral doom.

basically if you took death metal and slowed it down to a funeral pace you'd have funeral doom.

genres mean nothing though really.

been recording my own shit too. [: sure, why not @ your question.

Last edited:

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
so much metal i need to find

Here, go look up As Cities Burn. It's metalcore, so in relativity but not quite, and it's pretty good imo
(warning: if you voice strong hateful opinions toward secularists don't listen, they are i believe a secularist band so)

Last edited:

MichaelFoster

Occasionally enjoys bass >3>
funeral doom is generally slower than doom, but also incorporates death metal influences. they also say it incorporates dirge influences but eh. generally in my book if the doom is slow, dirge-like and perhaps ethereal sounding it qualifies as funeral doom.

basically if you took death metal and slowed it down to a funeral pace you'd have funeral doom.

genres mean nothing though really.

been recording my own shit too. [: sure, why not @ your question.
What type of music are you recording? Cuz its about freakin time you put some swag beats out.

so much metal i need to find

Here, go look up As Cities Burn. It's metalcore, so in relativity but not quite, and it's pretty good imo
(warning: if you voice strong hateful opinions toward secularists don't listen, they are i believe a secularist band so)
The vocalist for my band has their shirts. Ive hear of them.
You should listen to my band. Youll probably like us.

VoidBat

[yt]9jFxYVRJdiI[/yt]
Thrash Metal/Groove Thrash from Germany.

Good drumming and all, though I'm not so fond of how their guitars sound. The riffs also feel a bit generic, if you compare it to the stuff they produced in the 80's and 90's.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
[yt]DBwgX8yBqsw[/yt]
What I'm listening to now, and how I feel half the time. Destroy everything and all that clap.

Okay, about Machinae Supremacy. When I first heard of their band, this was the first song I heard:
[yt]arDUDS2F4R4[/yt]
And I thought "Hey, a metal band that does instrumental-only. That's pretty badass." I thought it was something new I'd enjoy, but I never got around to looking into the band more until now.
Then I hear my second song by them.
[yt]8uzf038jISc[/yt]
It's okay, but I am a bit disappoint. I'd love to hear more bands do just instrumental.

And I'll end with some awesome In Flames
[yt]1kUBbBta8qc[/yt]

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Is it just me or does the right side of that look like a penis?

Eh, I'd say it's slower than what I usually listen to, and the actual guitar doesn't come in until 4 minutes in.

So I heard this new song by Brian Welch, AKA the former guitarist Head from Korn, who apparently left Korn because he Found Jesus. In other words, he substituted one drug for another.

But, listening to his latest solo single, this doesn't sound very Christian:
[yt]sODDPWkVzXQ[/yt]

Hir

Is it just me or does the right side of that look like a penis?

Eh, I'd say it's slower than what I usually listen to, and the actual guitar doesn't come in until 4 minutes in.
what the fuck is "actual guitar"

so it's not "actual" if it's not distorted, right?

this is why metalheads fucking suck

and it's definitely just you, i'd be concerned if my dick looked like that.

Hir

thank you. [:

s1lwerwolf

Like melodic metal mostly so favirit bands wod be "nigthwish, lunatica and insania".
All of them have female vokalists and it is sooooo good

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Not heavy/brutal metal, but metal.

[yt]K9Cul-eqEw4[/yt]

Saw em live, they were fantastic.

Kivaari

Meow.
Just got Антикира's S/T album in the mail yesterday. I'd say it's thrash though not the heaviest stuff out there, and not really the best either, but I like it for some reason anyways.

[video=youtube;hAqlQrCnx8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAqlQrCnx8g&feature=related[/video]

Rhodri

Fingerer of Basses.
Shrinebuilder.

You have a title people, go, go. They only have one album out so far, named Shrinebuilder, though apparently the second album is recorded, but as yet to be released. For preference, give Blind For All To See a listen. Really though, any band that has Wino, Al Cisneros AND Scott-motherfucking-Kelly in it is just win. They are doom, by the by.

Hir

^i like it. thanks.

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
Dethklok

fav song: Hatredcopter.

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

acid871

husky wuskys :3
Whats your favorite metal band ever?
judas preist

concerts you've gone to?