• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heavy metal (or no metal at all) The Brutal thread

HuskyWusky

your friendly neighborhood ass
Whats your favorite metal band ever? - Children of Bodom
concerts you've gone to? - none 3:

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable
what the fuck is "actual guitar"

so it's not "actual" if it's not distorted, right?

this is why metalheads fucking suck

and it's definitely just you, i'd be concerned if my dick looked like that.

I lol'd so fucking hard hahaha

Last edited:

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
I had no idea the new nightwish was supposed to be a comedy album! Laugh and a half, that one.

VoidBat

[yt]h8uy76WF8DU[/yt]
[yt]mRDpJGywgSo[/yt]
[yt]G1vh0HE60Fc[/yt]
[yt]MTwxEhQrFKY[/yt]

Today's catch.
Nominon was probably the most enjoyable gem among them all. Then again, Swedish DM from the 90's will always have a reserved spot in my heart.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Heard some We Came as Romans on 89x's homeboy show the other day. Great to hear an alt-rock station play some good stuff.

[yt]J4_hEBjKbig[/yt]

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable
Heard some We Came as Romans on 89x's homeboy show the other day. Great to hear an alt-rock station play some good stuff.

[yt]J4_hEBjKbig[/yt]

You are aware that you mentioned WCAR in the same post that you said "some good stuff" all while posting in a "metal" thread, right?

General-jwj

Prime Minister of Belgium
[video=youtube;EWWFmhJKJW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EWWFmhJKJW8[/video]

Christmas cheer, is that what we're doing now ? No ? What a shame :V

MichaelFoster

Occasionally enjoys bass >3>

MichaelFoster

Occasionally enjoys bass >3>
Anybody know of some sexy technical grind besides Oblivionized? Their EP was so raunch. Im just trying to find albums with proportional amounts of raunch. :B

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
You are aware that you mentioned WCAR in the same post that you said "some good stuff" all while posting in a "metal" thread, right?
Good stuff compared to the overplayed crap they usually play?

And I am so sorry. I didn't realize that the definition of metal is "Only the shit I like and not the shit I hate".

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
I really like it :[

There are moments I enjoy musically, but oh god, so many bad lyrics. Rarely do I care about lyrics unless they're very good or they ruin the music for me.

also the whole bad channeling of tim burton movies in some songs

also
To date nine different editions of Imaginaerum have been announced

\I WANT MY TEARS BACK NOW

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
There are moments I enjoy musically, but oh god, so many bad lyrics. Rarely do I care about lyrics unless they're very good or they ruin the music for me.

also the whole bad channeling of tim burton movies in some songs

also

\I WANT MY TEARS BACK NOW
I haven't delved too far into the lyrics yet, though I've listened to the whole album about twice via youtube. I like what I hear though. Some of the poetry in "Song of Myself" is really annoying though. Some might be a tad cheezy, but so are most Disturbed songs, and I fucking love that band to. So, I can get used to corny lyrics pretty quickly.

The "nine albums" thing is fucking stupid though. That, I will gladly side with.

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
the new nightwish is abysmal. i want my time back now. ]:

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable
Good stuff compared to the overplayed crap they usually play?

And I am so sorry. I didn't realize that the definition of metal is "Only the shit I like and not the shit I hate".

WCAR has nothing metal about them, and this is a thread where most of the posters(last I paid any attention anyway) are elitist metalheads who shun anything that's even remotely related to the metalcore genre, so posting a post-hardcore/screamo/whatever the fuck scene kids call it these days band makes to sense. That's all I'm saying.

Note the fact that I have Veil of Maya lyrics as my signature, so don't even try to pin me as one of those "real metal or die" faggots.

Last edited:

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
WCAR has nothing metal about them, and this is a thread where most of the posters(last I paid any attention anyway) are elitist metalheads who shun anything that's even remotely related to the metalcore genre, so posting a post-hardcore/screamo/whatever the fuck scene kids call it these days band makes to sense. That's all I'm saying.

Note the fact that I have Veil of Maya lyrics as my signature, so don't even try to pin me as one of those "real metal or die" faggots.

Oh, get the fuck off your high horse. No one gives a flying shit; nobody posting in this thread is like that, so it's not a big deal if someone brings up a hardcore band on occasion. Hardcore is an adaptation of metal and most of us are aware of that, it's just none of us are stupid enough to think it's the evolution, simply an adaptation.

Besides, nobody here is an elitist metalhead, just metalheads of varying tastes. If anything, you're being the elitist here by calling someone out for music.

Last edited:

Cyril

Post-rock Crusader
So I have recently discovered that Devin Townsend is a really awesome dude who makes really awesome music that isn't Ghost.

Man why wasn't I listening to his stuff when I first obtained it? .-.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever

Well then, that's the problem with the metal fandom then. Too many elitist faggots who shun things they don't like.

I've figured out a long time ago not to worry about what other people like because there's so many people who like shit I don't even care for, like old-school death metal, for instance. I let people like whatever the fuck they like, and I like what I like. We're all different in our tastes. And it's the arguing over what's real metal and what's good or not that's turning the metal world into a bunch of fucking stuck-up fags trying to act all manly and shit to compensate for a small penis. If we were to sit here and pick apart what's even remotely metal or not we'd have to limit it to a very narrow genre and exclude 90% of what's out there, since there's so much damn variation out there (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, either, because it allows everyone to find stuff they like). Like, say, exclude music because it doesn't have an epic guitar solo? Shit, most metal doesn't even have that.

WCAR may or may have not been metal. I thought it was (metalcore, and yes, I AM a fan of that genre, as well as other genres, so suck it), but it's close enough to almost be metal. Wiki lists it as such, anyway. It's an okay band, I like some of their shit, and when in my original post I said it was good music, I was comparing it to the alt-rock stuff the station usually plays, in which case it IS an improvement in my mind.

Last edited:

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
people always shun things they don't like, in any genre

just listen to what the fuck you want and ignore all else