• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heavy metal (or no metal at all) The Brutal thread

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Thinking about grabbing Sonic Syndicate's earlier album, Only Inhuman. Their new stuff isn't all that good, and I'd like more of their music. Only way I can go is backwards.

General-jwj

Prime Minister of Belgium
Got loads of shit going on for Christmas, gonna buy all of Gojira and Volbeat's discography (excluding the odd album here and there because I'm not made of money) and complete my Mastodon discography, and also buy a couple of live DVD's from those bands because at this point why the fuck not.

Deck the halls ... WITH PAIN.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
I'm afraid there's not a link of the studio version that i can find, but the song is "Whales" by the band Scale the Summit.

Kinda Djenty, but instrumental and more like progressivey.

General-jwj

Dammit I can't get over the pain of losing my truly beloved ;_;

If only this was enough to ease the pain ...

[video=youtube;St5zsCh5aFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St5zsCh5aFo[/video]

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Who here fucking misses the age of Nu Metal? I certainly do. Sadly it can never make a comeback. :S
Nu metal? What's that? I've never heard of that kind of thing. :V

Thinking about grabbing Sonic Syndicate's earlier album, Only Inhuman. Their new stuff isn't all that good, and I'd like more of their music. Only way I can go is backwards.
Don't know how "new" you mean, but I've liked some of their stuff from a few years back. I think their lineup got shuffled around a bit so maybe they started sucking when they replaced band members.

Firelake - Marooned
You know, that song sounds oddly familiar, like I've heard another band play almost exactly the same tune. Don't know what, though.

Last edited:

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Don't know how "new" you mean, but I've liked some of their stuff from a few years back. I think their lineup got shuffled around a bit so maybe they started sucking when they replaced band members.
By "new" I mean their latest album, though I don't remember what it is called. It's the one with "Burn this City" which isn't a bad song I suppose...

What happened is either the band or their publishers wanted more coverage, so they wanted to tone down some of the scream/growling. This pissed off a member or two, who ended up leaving. They got replaced, and now the new stuff is more melody and the screaming/growling is covered up by more music and not let to stand on its own. I don't really like that, moreso for the reasoning for the change than the actual change. So, backwards I must go.

MichaelFoster

Occasionally enjoys bass >3>
Oh, get the fuck off your high horse. No one gives a flying shit; nobody posting in this thread is like that, so it's not a big deal if someone brings up a hardcore band on occasion. Hardcore is an adaptation of metal and most of us are aware of that, it's just none of us are stupid enough to think it's the evolution, simply an adaptation.

Besides, nobody here is an elitist metalhead, just metalheads of varying tastes. If anything, you're being the elitist here by calling someone out for music.
Listen to the band Elitist and pretend that wcar is better. Since when has metal ever been about watering down your music and making everything pretty with synth and effects that your band doesnt even have.
Even if it is metal, it still sucks because of how unspontaneous and monotonous it is.
So dont fucking post it in the "br00tal heavy metal" thread if its watered down, pretty, and/or FILLED with bass drop breakdowns.

General-jwj

Hey great let's all try to one-up each other with petty claims and criticism of each-other's tastes to prove everyone we're the METAL GOD of these forums ... seriously dudes live and let live and all that bullshit.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
By "new" I mean their latest album, though I don't remember what it is called. It's the one with "Burn this City" which isn't a bad song I suppose...
Oh. I had no idea they put out a new album, and I've never listened to it. Yea, the only stuff I listened to was the older stuff, before the one band member left. Mind you, I've only heard a little of their music though. Some of their older stuff I've heard is nothing BUT the growling/screaming you mentioned below.

What happened is either the band or their publishers wanted more coverage, so they wanted to tone down some of the scream/growling. This pissed off a member or two, who ended up leaving. They got replaced, and now the new stuff is more melody and the screaming/growling is covered up by more music and not let to stand on its own. I don't really like that, moreso for the reasoning for the change than the actual change. So, backwards I must go.
Isn't that how most metal bands go? The record company wants a wider audience, so tells them to tone down the screaming and violent anger?

Listen to the band Elitist and pretend that wcar is better. Since when has metal ever been about watering down your music and making everything pretty with synth and effects that your band doesnt even have.
Even if it is metal, it still sucks because of how unspontaneous and monotonous it is.
So dont fucking post it in the "br00tal heavy metal" thread if its watered down, pretty, and/or FILLED with bass drop breakdowns.
I personally didn't say wcar is better than anything (other than compare it to alt-rock and nu-metal). Tides is a pretty big fan of theirs, as they're local to both of us, where I'm just casually interested in them. Heh, synth and effects... sounds kinda like half the metal out there nowadays (Rammstein, anyone? Are they metal enough?).

I'm not even sure this IS a "brutal" metal thread anymore, and just a "metal" thread in general. In any case let's stop the god damn pissing contest.
Edit: Checked the first post. This isn't a thread for just "brutal" metal, just a thread for "metal". Of any kind.

Was going to a concert this weekend for FFDP and All That Remains (both totally not metal :V). Key word: WAS. This cold refuses to go away and seems to be getting worse and worse, to the point I can't sleep and wake up half the night hacking and being unable to breathe. I can't go to a concert feeling like shit and having no energy or willpower. I'm just glad I didn't buy the tickets yet. I'll be somewhat sad but there will be other opportunities.

Last edited:

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable
WCAR may or may have not been metal. I thought it was (metalcore, and yes, I AM a fan of that genre, as well as other genres, so suck it), but it's close enough to almost be metal. Wiki lists it as such, anyway. It's an okay band, I like some of their shit, and when in my original post I said it was good music, I was comparing it to the alt-rock stuff the station usually plays, in which case it IS an improvement in my mind.

I play in a metalcore band bro...

99% sure you're taking everything I said the wrong way.

Oh, get the fuck off your high horse. No one gives a flying shit; nobody posting in this thread is like that, so it's not a big deal if someone brings up a hardcore band on occasion. Hardcore is an adaptation of metal and most of us are aware of that, it's just none of us are stupid enough to think it's the evolution, simply an adaptation.

Besides, nobody here is an elitist metalhead, just metalheads of varying tastes. If anything, you're being the elitist here by calling someone out for music.

Go back to the earlier pages in this thread posted in 2010 and you'll see that you're bitching out the wrong person. I quit posting in this thread for almost a year for a reason asshole.

^This dude can vouch for me. He's seen what this thread used to be.

Last edited:

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable
Oh, and I'm gonna double post, because this is about something completely different.

2 bands I've recently fallen in love with.

[yt]hfmG4zumTfg[/yt]

[yt]ZgtUHHk30uc[/yt]

Abramelin

My favorite sub-genres are easily sludge and old-school death metal, but I've fallen in love with later-era Tiamat. I initially checked them out for their early death metal albums, but I've come to love their gothic rock/metal stuff they released later on even more. Excellent stuff, recommended to all

[video=youtube;oWfEH-83rxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWfEH-83rxo[/video]

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Oh, and I'm gonna double post, because this is about something completely different.

2 bands I've recently fallen in love with.

[yt]hfmG4zumTfg[/yt]

[yt]ZgtUHHk30uc[/yt]
You know what, I was kind of being an asshole about this. but perhaps accept my apologies and we can just leave everyone to their own tastes?

Btw, I had only heard of Rings of Saturn. Both of those I really like alot.
gonna check their other works out a bit...

also, some power metal that I just recently found a few days ago.
[video=youtube;tcJYGJL7zXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJYGJL7zXA&feature=related[/video]
Won't deny that I like this, but not much.
[video=youtube;whXPP5tH398]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whXPP5tH398&feature=related[/video]
Eh.
[video=youtube;KTiQ75HY0DA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTiQ75HY0DA[/video]

will have some more later. Trying to find some extreme metal, like in the vein of Black Dahlia Murder. Any suggestions?
And somehow I used to dislike Deflorate. Listening to it again, I'm not sure how that happened.

Last edited:
R

Rukh_Whitefang

Been listening to Symphonic Black and Death Metal lately and have fallen in love with Eternal Tears of Sorrow.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
[video=youtube;dBn0dmRKs-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBn0dmRKs-E[/video]

Who here fucking misses the age of Nu Metal? I certainly do. Sadly it can never make a comeback. :S

Leave the hall.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Children, children. Can everyone please put videos behind spoiler tags like we're supposed to?

Been listening to Symphonic Black and Death Metal lately and have fallen in love with Eternal Tears of Sorrow.

:O

Rukh listens to black and death metal?

*head explodes*

Leave the hall.

Hey guys, let's talk about the most awesome metal band of all time! Limp Bizkit! That band was like the most hardcore of hardcore bands dude. It was so fucking metal man. OMG. It was totally more metal than any other band out there. :V

Aeturnus

\m/ Rock on \m/
My band's more brutal then yours cause they bathe in pigs blood and dress up like KISS before each show!!!

Kivaari

Meow.
also, some power metal that I just recently found a few days ago.
[video=youtube;tcJYGJL7zXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJYGJL7zXA&feature=related[/video]
Yes, I love this song.

Speedwolf
That was awesome, I'd definitely checking them out later.

I've been listening to early Slayer a lot recently, everything they did before Reign in Blood is amazing.
[video=youtube;f4xWm1hwlfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4xWm1hwlfg[/video]

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
My band's more brutal then yours cause they bathe in pigs blood and dress up like KISS before each show!!!
Fuck you, my band's more metal than yours because they fuck virgins then drink the hymen blood and cut themselves while dressing like Marilyn Manson and worshiping satan and fucking a sheep's head on stage while shitting on the audience. :V

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Fuck you, my band's more metal than yours because they fuck virgins then drink the hymen blood and cut themselves while dressing like Marilyn Manson and worshiping satan and fucking a sheep's head on stage while shitting on the audience. :V

Now i kind of wish there was a band like that.