• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heavy metal (or no metal at all) The Brutal thread

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
I looked up nu-metal bands on wikipedia, and I'm surprised about some of the bands on this list.

OTEP - Really? REALLY? mind you I've only heard one OTEP song but like hell it sounded nu-metal.
Five Finger Death Punch - *headdesks so hard he indents the table* fuck no.
Disturbed - MAYBE some of their stuff of the first album, but still insulted.
Machine Head - Okay, I really don't know this band well, but from everything I've heard they're far from nu-metal.
Rob Zombie - ...... god dammit! *slaughters a villager*
Coal Chamber - You know, I've only heard one song by them but they sounded pretty metal to me
Kittie - That surprises me
Powerman 5000 - maybe their new shit...
Sevendust - wouldn't have considered them Nu-metal except for maybe some of their songs
Slipknot - Okay, I like slipknot, and I consider them pretty much metal...
Static-X - out of the music I've heard from them it didn't sound very nu-metal....

Some of those bands may be on there because of one or a handful of songs they did that were nu-metal-ish but some of them like Rob Zombie I find almost insulting.

And because it's Christmas let's play some Christmas metal shall we?
Actually, I don't know a lot of christmas metal songs, except that crap CD Twisted Sister put out a little while ago where they replace all the lyrics of their songs with Christmas lyrics.
[yt]ONJFL4ABSmo[/yt]
[yt]MntZ2oPDPnM[/yt]
[yt]grwP8QvI1jY[/yt]

General-jwj

Prime Minister of Belgium
Shit ... got Gojira's "From Mars to Sirius" and "The Way of All Flesh" and Volbeat's "Rock the Rebel Metal the Devil" and "Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood" (amongst others) for Christmas.

CAN'T ... STOP ... HEADBANGING ...

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Got Sonic Syndicate's Only Inhuman album today. I really like it.

Archon

the Benevolent
I looked up nu-metal bands on wikipedia, and I'm surprised about some of the bands on this list.

OTEP - Really? REALLY? mind you I've only heard one OTEP song but like hell it sounded nu-metal.
Five Finger Death Punch - *headdesks so hard he indents the table* fuck no.
Disturbed - MAYBE some of their stuff of the first album, but still insulted.
Machine Head - Okay, I really don't know this band well, but from everything I've heard they're far from nu-metal.
Rob Zombie - ...... god dammit! *slaughters a villager*
Coal Chamber - You know, I've only heard one song by them but they sounded pretty metal to me
Kittie - That surprises me
Powerman 5000 - maybe their new shit...
Sevendust - wouldn't have considered them Nu-metal except for maybe some of their songs
Slipknot - Okay, I like slipknot, and I consider them pretty much metal...
Static-X - out of the music I've heard from them it didn't sound very nu-metal....

Some of those bands may be on there because of one or a handful of songs they did that were nu-metal-ish but some of them like Rob Zombie I find almost insulting.

And because it's Christmas let's play some Christmas metal shall we?
Actually, I don't know a lot of christmas metal songs, except that crap CD Twisted Sister put out a little while ago where they replace all the lyrics of their songs with Christmas lyrics.
[yt]ONJFL4ABSmo[/yt]
[yt]MntZ2oPDPnM[/yt]
[yt]grwP8QvI1jY[/yt]
Not sure what Five Finger Death Punch is truly classified as. Seems to be just metal, though i've heard a couple other genre descriptions. When I ripped the American Capitalist CD to my computer, it's just listed as metal. I know they're at least classified as such. Great band by the way : )

Last edited:

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
Yer, favourite album of all time imo xD. Went to a WITTR gig after hearing two hunters and black cascade, they were sick.
it's a shame their new album sucked

two hunters and black cascade are great

first album is pretty good i guess

as for emperor i prefer anthems to the welkin at dusk

but there's far better symphonic black metal out there than emperor

[yt]o-OPe_AlDeM[/yt]

[yt]NXVnfNdvBM8[/yt]

are a couple

Last edited:

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Been listening to Korn nonstop lately. Their guitars sound like they used lower piano strings and dropped their bass three steps.
Heh, someone mentioned Korn in this thread....
Not that I care much, but people in here would argue they're nu-metal and thus not true metal, ect, and they might have a point.... surprised no one's whining yet. :p

MichaelFoster

Occasionally enjoys bass >3>
^This dude can vouch for me. He's seen what this thread used to be.
Yeah you showed me Elitist. They kind of broadened what metalcore could be imo. Have you listened to Design the Skyline's new album? They've got potential out the wazoo but they've managed to fall short of giving me a woodimus on most of their songs. Listen to their old suff from when they were ExtraLargeKids. There's one song, (ill find it later) that was pretty neat. im a faggot. That is all.

VoidBat

[yt]kXtcoxcIJ_w[/yt]
[yt]IvXlAADnbgk[/yt]
[yt]XIglAsBi9z0[/yt]
[yt]Ab56J4u0Q4I[/yt]
[yt]31RkbTzrea8[/yt]

Today's catch.

Zydrate Junkie

Name and rank soldier!
The Black Dahlia Murder one of my favourite heavy metal/ deathcore bands at the moment. Also I know that Skindred do don't class as heavy metal but they are still pretty decent.

General-jwj

Prime Minister of Belgium
I don't care if I keep talking about the same bands all the time Gojira is ear-boner-ific.

[video=youtube;ko4dui0KYkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko4dui0KYkA[/video]

And also I gave a listen to Anthrax's latest album "Worship Music". Really loved it. An unexpected surprise.
[video=youtube;yqjXiPu7Xs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqjXiPu7Xs0[/video]

Last edited:

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Listening to The Unguided, which is a melodeath band. Was Sonic Syndicate but they changed names/labels. Their new album is good though, and if you can find songs on youtube, have fun with em. Fuckers keep taken em down.

Traven V

Luna-tic.
I love Slipknot, and Static-X f****** <3 <3 <3. Cradle of Filth is pretty good, and Slayer (of course) I've got a few friends who play that stuff like it's a religion

AmplifiedX

Almost sane
favorite band - more like bands -trivium, pantera, racer x, dokken (george lynch), slipknot, stormrider etc.

genre - progressive/death/technical metal

Its a hard choice because I like anything that requires a virtuoso guitarist to play/cover Jeff Loomis, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Satriani, Lynch etc etc.

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable
[yt]FBazfB4oaGE[/yt]